bert_quiozon

Hobby Master
Real Name
Wilberto
eBay User
mjoz23
I have this card
img-808064358i.jpg

I thought it’s a 96 97 Topps Super Team NBA Finals M12 because it’s a Bordered refractor and has a “Super Team Champion Logo” Stamp on it, as what beckett annual copy describe the card refer below
View attachment 16824

But when I saw this, my confusion starts
View attachment 16826

BGS slab says it’s a 1996 97 Topps Mystery Finest Bordered Refractor M12 but it has a “Super Team Champion Logo”. Heres how Beckett annual copy describes a 96 97 Topps Mystery Finest Bordered refractor
View attachment 16825

Now my question is what exactly is this card 96 97 Toppes Mystery Finest Bordered Refractor or 96 97 Topps Super Team NBA Final

mate ive got the same one these are the sets for the pippen, ive got 4 of them, havent seen the division or the finals version, ive only got 4 of the 7...couldnt tell which is which though as i thought the one you had was a boreded refractor.

1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Bordered Refractors
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Borderless
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Borderless Refractors
1996-97 Topps Super Team Conference Winners
1996-97 Topps Super Team Division Winners
1996-97 Topps Super Team NBA Finals

mate ive got the same one these are the sets for the pippen, ive got 4 of them, havent seen the division or the finals version, ive only got 4 of the 7...couldnt tell which is which though as i thought the one you had was a boreded refractor.

1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Bordered Refractors
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Borderless
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Borderless Refractors
1996-97 Topps Super Team Conference Winners
1996-97 Topps Super Team Division Winners
1996-97 Topps Super Team NBA Finals

I also asked the same question in HK here is there answer
HobbyKings.com :: Log in

That card that i have and the slabbed BGS is a 96 97 Super Team NBA Finals as they are bordered refractor with super team logo

This is what i think the difference between all these set. Anyone please correct me if im wrong
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest - Bordered, non refractor, no super team logo
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Bordered Refractors - Bordered, refractor, no super team logo

1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Borderless - Borderless, no refractor, no super team logo
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Borderless Refractors - Borderless, refractor, no super team logo
1996-97 Topps Super Team Conference Winners - Borderless, no refractor, with super team logo
1996-97 Topps Super Team Division Winners - Bordered, no refractor, with super team logo
1996-97 Topps Super Team NBA Finals - Boredered, refractor, with super team logo.

Refer below for a description on the superteam conference winners, Division winners, and nba finals. Just click on it and stretch window to view in a larger scale
View attachment 16840

great info there mate....havent checked hobbykings but i will at home....thats some great info to have!! great thread for pc players collectors

It is pretty straight forward, the Super Team redemption program returns cards that are stamped with Super Team Champions logo. Here are all the versions:

Mystery Finest
Mystery Finest Super Team Logo (Division Winner)
Mystery Finest Refractor
Mystery Finest Refractor Super Team Logo (NBA Finals Winner)
Mystery Finest Borderless
Mystery Finest Borderless Super Team Logo (Conference Winner)
Mystery Finest Borderless Refractor

Check the Shaq PC section of my bucket for Scans.

It is pretty straight forward, the Super Team redemption program returns cards that are stamped with Super Team Champions logo. Here are all the versions:

Mystery Finest
Mystery Finest Super Team Logo (Division Winner)
Mystery Finest Refractor
Mystery Finest Refractor Super Team Logo (NBA Finals Winner)
Mystery Finest Borderless
Mystery Finest Borderless Super Team Logo (Conference Winner)
Mystery Finest Borderless Refractor

Check the Shaq PC section of my bucket for Scans.

Wow very nice collection. Your still missing one the Mystery Finest Bordered refractor? Im also looking for it but no luck. Most of them are Finals winner but described as Bordered Refractor

Wow very nice collection. Your still missing one the Mystery Finest Bordered refractor? Im also looking for it but no luck. Most of them are Finals winner but described as Bordered Refractor

Yes, I always thought I had the Bordered Refractor until one day I had a look at it and it has a Super Team Logo, so I believe I was fooled on ebay and didn't even realize. So now the hunt continues.

After reading your first post, my vote was that BGS have labelled the slabbed card incorrectly. Your post further down confirms it.

PSA have a free service where you can have mislabelled cards corrected free of charge. If you are interested, perhaps contact BGS and see if they will do it for you free of charge as well ?

1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest - Bordered, non refractor, no super team logo
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Bordered Refractors - Bordered, refractor, no super team logo

1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Borderless - Borderless, no refractor, no super team logo
1996-97 Topps Mystery Finest Borderless Refractors - Borderless, refractor, no super team logo
1996-97 Topps Super Team Conference Winners - Borderless, no refractor, with super team logo
1996-97 Topps Super Team Division Winners - Bordered, no refractor, with super team logo
1996-97 Topps Super Team NBA Finals - Boredered, refractor, with super team logo.

ive got all of these in drexlers.
the 4 normal ones are bordered, bordered refractor, borderless, and borderless refractor.
then the 3 with the logos on them are bordered (division), bordered refractor (conference), and borderless (NBA finals).

thats how i interpret it anyways.

now that i think of it, a refractor should be worth more than a standard borderless. so maybe the borderless w/logo = conference and refractor w/logo = finals.

Hey mate, a bit off topic here
Was that info scanned from a Beckett Annual? I might buy a copy if it is since there are alot of sets that I would like to know more about.
Does the annual also have info on oddball sets?

Hey mate, a bit off topic here
Was that info scanned from a Beckett Annual? I might buy a copy if it is since there are alot of sets that I would like to know more about.
Does the annual also have info on oddball sets?

My Beckett annual is the 15th edition 07 08 release. Yes theres also some oddball listed like cards came form cereals and also australian basketball cards. Annuals is a quite good for 90's insert and vinatge collector as it describe the card and it shows what it look like, well more than the monthly release.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

After reading your first post, my vote was that BGS have labelled the slabbed card incorrectly. Your post further down confirms it.

PSA have a free service where you can have mislabelled cards corrected free of charge. If you are interested, perhaps contact BGS and see if they will do it for you free of charge as well ?

I think PSA and Beckett name them as Bordered refractor even though its a Super Team NBA Final.

That MJ should be a Super Team NBA Final because of its Super Team championship logo. Its a bit misleading if your not really aware of the card and only depends on what is written on the slab

G'day guys, I have a few 92/93 Upper Deck All Division inserts like Derrick Coleman and Glen Rice, on the back they are marked 36 and 37 respectively, but I also have AD2, and AD3. I'm just wondering if this is a misprint.

Can someone please help me?

I have four of the ewing's from the 96/97 mystery set - bordered, borderless refractor, superteam Borderless and superteam bordered refractor. The superteam ones both have the "Superteam Champion's" badge on them.

Back
Top Bottom