My first NFL mailday!! Mass break!

siegeandspike

UFC Fan!
Real Name
Chris
eBay User
Siegeandspike
Placed an order with DA Cardworld 3 days ago.

It arrived today!! Brilliant service and I highly recommend them to all ;)

DSCN4066.jpg

Just the 210 packs to start off with!!! :lol:

1 - 2009 Donruss Elite Football 24-Pack Lot (Box)
1 - 2009 Donruss Gridiron Gear Football 24-Pack Lot (Box)
1 - 2009 Donruss Classics Football 24-Pack Lot (Box)
1 - 2009 Donruss Threads Football 24-Pack Lot (Box)
1 - 2009 Playoff Absolute Football 24-Pack Lot (Box)
1 - 2009 Playoff Prestige Football 24-Pack Lot (Box)
1 - 2009 Upper Deck Football Super Pack (Box)
1 - 2009 Upper Deck Draft Edition Football 12 Pack Box
2 - 2009 Upper Deck SP Signature Edition Football 12-Pack Box
2 - 2009 Upper Deck SP Threads Football Retail 12-Pack Box
1 - 2010 Panini Rookies & Stars Football Hobby Pack
1 - Free:10h (L2) 4x 2009 Upper Deck Football Retail Blister Pack

Not expecting to pull any (proper) hits, but very much looking forward to breaking them all open and starting my NFL collection :) At the price (including the postage) which worked out to only about 90cents a pack, I think it was a good deal.

Will post pics of anything decent that I come accross - BUT... will probably not have a clue if I do get anything decent!!!!

Any top players I should be watching out for?

Re: My first NFL mailday!!

Will definately post a few images, will also say which packs I thought were good/bad etc.

Started opening the 2009 Donruss Classics packs first.

7 packs in, I was gob-smacked to pull an auto (Aaron Kelly), was not expecting that!! Scans to follow.

Hey bud , wow I'm excited 4 u !!! I have seen some big hits come out of retail packs a's well!!! Keep an eye out for the obvious autos, patches, gu jerseys and ur serial numbered cards ;) u will know when u hit something! If not post it up and we'll let u know!! All ur packs look like 2009 so ur major rookies will be mark Sanchez , Matt stafford, Percy harvin, Michael crabtree, Josh Freeman, and a few others... If ur not sure just ask bud ;) good luck

Best of luck mate. If you pull any Deon Butler or Chad Johnson(ochocinco) let me know :)

Best of luck mate. If you pull any Deon Butler or Chad Johnson(ochocinco) let me know :)

Have pulled a Chad Johnson(ochocinco) base card already.

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 06:51 PM ----------

Hey bud , wow I'm excited 4 u !!! I have seen some big hits come out of retail packs a's well!!! Keep an eye out for the obvious autos, patches, gu jerseys and ur serial numbered cards ;) u will know when u hit something! If not post it up and we'll let u know!! All ur packs look like 2009 so ur major rookies will be mark Sanchez , Matt stafford, Percy harvin, Michael crabtree, Josh Freeman, and a few others... If ur not sure just ask bud ;) good luck

Thanks for the heads up.
Was pretty happy to pull a numbered 'Legend' base card of William Perry!! He was my favourite player as a kid!

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 07:18 PM ----------

24 x 2009 Donruss Classics packs busted!!

1 numbered card (Perry) and 2 x Aaron Kelly auto :lol:

Some random and better cards scanned:

DonrussClassics2009.jpg

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 07:21 PM ----------

Busting the 24 packs of Donruss Elite 2009 (retail) next.

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 07:21 PM ----------

Base cards are not as nice as the last lot

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 08:02 PM ----------

Thats all the Donruss Elite 2009 opened!

Again was very happy to pull a 'hit' a GU (#/299), my very first for NFL!!

The base cards are not as good as the 'Classics' (which really popped out of the card at you), but the inserts were better...... much more shiny! All the inserts are numbered (/899, /999, /499) Inserts shiny-ness did not really come up on the scans, but trust me you would not want to try and look at one of these babies while driving a car on a bright day!! ;)

DonrussElite2009A.jpg

DonrussElite2009B.jpg

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 08:11 PM ----------

24 x Panini Prestige 2009 next!

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 08:12 PM ----------

Similar base cards to the last box.

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 08:37 PM ----------

The 'Extra Points' cards are #'d to /250 and /300. A couple of decent rookie cards (IMO) but not much else!

PaniniPrestige2009.jpg

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 08:38 PM ----------

24 x Donruss Gridiron Gear next!

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 08:40 PM ----------

Base are a quite plain looking.

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 08:40 PM ----------

But then again they are base cards!

Not much came out of those!
The Rookie cards are all numbered /999
The Urlacher card is #'d to/250. Urlacher is great.

DonrussGridironGear2009.jpg

Good to see some decent cards come out of your breaks but more importantly you see excited with the breaks.

Good luck with your new NFL PC, I hope you can add some really nice cards from the other boxes/packs you have to bust open.

Thanks for the Mojo :)

24 x Donruss Threads Rookie Class (Retail) to break next.

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 09:14 PM ----------

Good to see some decent cards come out of your breaks but more importantly you seem excited with the breaks.

Good luck with your new NFL PC, I hope you can add some really nice cards from the other boxes/packs you have to bust open.

As far as Friday nights sitting at home by myself not drinking go, this is a good one!!!!

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 09:17 PM ----------

Base are pretty average. Prestige and Classics had the best base card fronts so far. Prestige had the best card back (by far) so far.

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 09:21 PM ----------

They sure do put a whole heap of extra random crap in the NFL packs ie. thick card stock, adverts, security devices etc!

Some nice looking cards in there mate. I see your getting a lot of Ochocinco cards :)

Aaron Rodgers nice. go GB haha.

Rodgers is great, but I am really hoping to get hold of some Clay Matthews cards.

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 09:26 PM ----------

Normally it takes weeks for me to get around to cracking my boxes, you should ask some of the other people on here, I am famous for it!!

Still breaking!

---------- Post added 28-01-2011 at 09:28 PM ----------

Another 'Gridiron Kings' insert Dominique Rodgers - these look great, best insert so far.

Josh Freeman is a gun mate, A future super star. I have 4 breaks worth of cards coming mate so hold those Ocho's for me please :)

Back
Top Bottom