Minimum Characters Per Post

i don't think it's much of an issue as some people are lacking in time to post long responses. i guess we should all be concise in our responses, effectively relaying what we are trying to say but not having to be dictated by word minimums or maximums.

I've had a bit of a think and don't think there should be a minimum character thing, but definately make changes to the way the system handles consecutive responses to ones own post within a short period of time.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

So this is an example of what will happen if someone replies to their own post within 2 hours and there have been no posts in between. It will auto merge the posts into the one above.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

And it won't bump the thread either :D

I like it!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

No really...I think this is just what we need!!

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I think it's a great development for the site!!

There goes Norms post count in game threads LOL

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Bud ............

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Light.......

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Triple..........

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Hopped.......

I wonder if it does bump the post count ...

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

i wonder ....

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

nope it doesnt :)

There goes Norms post count in game threads LOL

Bud ............

Light.......

Triple..........

Hopped.......

lmao bet your happy now :cool:

Great idea G, liking it :thumbsup:

Excellent.....

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

work mate! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Couldn't help but test it. :lol:

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Serioiusly though, good job. :D

If you make a post in this thread, and then make a reply to this thread within 2 hours of the first post and there are no other posts by other members between your first post and the new one, then it will automatically merge the posts.

Basically it is to stop people replying with 3 or 4 replies in quick succession instead of editing the first post.

Instead of 4 posts saying

Post 1
I've got this card

Post 2
Do you need it ?

Post 3
Please email me and let me know.

Post 4
Ok im going to bed now, please email me.

Instead of these 4 posts showing up as 4 seperate posts, now they will be merged into the one post.

I know its been touched on but the posts that I actually find rather annoying, are members replying saying PM sent, now surely with the pop up box informing you of a new PM makes these posts are completely redundant.

If you subscribe to the thread you receive, emails advising of the response, if the PM is for you, you get two 1 advising of the new post and 1 advising of a new private message.

I was watching Dave's box break live and found it ok with the merged messages, just knew to refresh page every couple of minutes.

Cheers
Ross

Back
Top Bottom