Low Balling

to be honest i think alot of people need a cup of cement and to toughen up, if you have a card for sale, and have for example "selling all cards very very cheap, need to cash to buy another card/bill e.c.t" then expect to be lowballed, its common sence that people are going to offer you alot less than your after, if you want $300, then they will offer $150, why? because they know you want to move the card, they only half want it but will put the offer in anyway expecting to haggle on the price. my best advice, if you have dropped the card price and want a price, then put the price and put firm.......that way you get rid of all the people who are looking to pick up a bargin :)

You haven't sent Verse1 a pm lately have you? :lol:

I haven't anything as bad as verse1. Crikey!!!
But I find more and more people are ballin'
and a few good guys that are happy to pay market price too...
My main issue is someone commenting in my thread saying they are keen on a card so I PM them and
Never hear from them again..

As time passes by I think clearly stating 'this is my best price so don't ask for it cheaper' may stop the time wasters.

I love that you and Nick have picked up on the use of "'ballin" :lol:

U
example of people ripping of a new collector who don't know better

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rare-Mic...etball_Sporting_Equipment&hash=item41756ccf5d

saying its "rare" and wanting $10, their are 13 on comc, for $5 to, and the cards corners look all stuffed, i would not offer him a 1$, yet people would say thats low balling, i call it reserch, it happens everywhere, if you don't want to be lowballed then put the price you want
Forget to realise, that it's in AUD which is worth less usd

When I list a price here, I know I'm normally not going to get ebay price or what I paid, so more than often I end up selling at or below what I paid. The only time I've made profit on cards is when I've sold a decent his I've pulled.

Im a 'baller', mainly because I am lazy, sometimes i check ebay sometimes i don't, if I like a card and want it for the PC, I will ask if its too high I move on, but too high in my eyes on its value for my collection. In the end I couldn't care less what the market thinks it's worth, if you can get that go and get it. It's not hard to say no and move on, so I have some concrete tablets somewhere for a few of you to take, just to harden up a little.. ;)

Im a 'baller', mainly because I am lazy, sometimes i check ebay sometimes i don't, if I like a card and want it for the PC, I will ask if its too high I move on, but too high in my eyes on its value for my collection. In the end I couldn't care less what the market thinks it's worth, if you can get that go and get it. It's not hard to say no and move on, so I have some concrete tablets somewhere for a few of you to take, just to harden up a little.. ;)

this is coming from
the guy who hates sticky tape on top loaders lol.

1. This "in my eyes" price, where does it come from???

2. What prices do you list cards at? (market) hmmm funny that.

3. People can't just "move on" because next minute *creates why can't I do any deals on site thread.

Just sayn bro. #balln4lyf

1. This "in my eyes" price, where does it come from???

2. What prices do you list cards at? (market) hmmm funny that.

3. People can't just "move on" because next minute *creates why can't I do any deals on site thread.

Just sayn bro. #balln4lyf

1. This depends on how much I have in my paypal or spare cash in my bank my missus doesn't know about.

2. I did a few threads trying to work out prices but as i said I am lazy, my threads are make me an offer or trade, mostly carry out trades and its simple, e.g: "hey do you have this Celtic card?Trade for that card in your thread?" " No I don't lets do a thread and do a deal"

3. People can move on, if they can get the money they are asking because its market price go and get it, if I ask a price of a card and they tell me and its too high i say thanks not for me now, but don't sook about being highballed :whistle:

U
U

I didn't foget anything, comc is usd, ebay aus, comc price $5, ebay $10, the aussie doller an't that strong, so even if the aussie doller was $1.10 to the $1.00 usd, and it an't even close to that the ebay card should still be only $5:50, at $10, its just plain ripping people off

at the end of the day though, if i want a new car, im not gonna look at the sticker price and say “yep, fine with me”. im gonna try and get as much off as possible. and if they dont wanna budge, they better tint my windows and throw on some rims or something. but the same principle applies, if its too pricey, walk away...

Next time I go to the shop to buy some milk I'm gonna offer them half the ticketed price

at the end of the day though, if i want a new car, im not gonna look at the sticker price and say “yep, fine with me”. im gonna try and get as much off as possible. and if they dont wanna budge, they better tint my windows and throw on some rims or something. but the same principle applies, if its too pricey, walk away...

Most Stoopid comment of the year.

None of said cards are over priced, they are valued at market price, low..... Oh sorry I mean 'ballin is offering lower then market value. (significantly)

The reason you can get money off a car is because they try to sell above market value with a commission attached.

The salesman either loses a bit of mark up, or eats into his own commission, which he can easily make up on another car.

Comparing the two is just Silly.

Back
Top Bottom