Legacy 2023

Will have to ask if boxes sealed when buying on eBay then. What do you mean by resealing not sure I like this idea as I buy on the secondary market

Flippers are part of the hobby now , that’s the way it is . I buy off them I don’t sell. I would not touch a broken box but this is why they are doing it . Not sure this is proper practice however as Festa says how do you know it hasn’t been searched ridiculous imo. If someone buys a box it’s up to them what they do with it. I imagine people resell all sorts of products not just cards you cant be doing this . Sure in a perfect world we go back to buying packs and boxes from Steve when we felt like it at recommended retail. But it’s different now , they have to think of a better way as that’s tampering with the box.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, just did the rounds:

Al's Card Shop: No listing
Balls and Bumpers: Presale sold out
Bazinga Cards: Presale sold out; Selling 4 pack bundles for $70 🤨
Cherry Collectables: Presale sold out
Countless Cards: No listing
Diggaz Trading Cards: No listing
Fastbreak Cards & Collectables: No listing
Gimko: Available in store on release day
Hobby Kingdom: Listed as a case break
Ja Ja's Collectables: No listing
Local Card Shop: Presale sold out
Just Cards: No listing
RGV Collectables: Presale sold out
Shields Stamps & Coins: Presale sold out
Sports Card World: In store Wed morning
Springdale Collectables: eBay store (no listing)
Sunshine Collectables: No listing
The Traders: No listing
Underground Games: eBay store (no listing)

Thanks for the info guys, updated my post.

And just so there's no misunderstanding, when I put "no listing" I was just being literal, there was no listing on their online store. They could have removed it when their presale sold out, could be waiting until they receive stock or for the official release day, could be selling in store only, or selling on Facebook. My intention wasn't to cast any aspersions on any of the stores listed.

Except maybe Bazinga for selling loose pack bundles.

Seriously so how do you know they haven’t been searched, I would be getting a refund if seal was broken

They'd do it in person, or they can re-seal while filming it live with a serial coded sticker. A lot of the Pokemon breakers do it.

Early contender for crapest box:

IMG_3710.jpeg

Flippers are part of the hobby now , that’s the way it is . I buy off them I don’t sell. I would not touch a broken box but this is why they are doing it . Not sure this is proper practice however as Festa says how do you know it hasn’t been searched ridiculous imo. If someone buys a box it’s up to them what they do with it. I imagine people resell all sorts of products not just cards you cant be doing this . Sure in a perfect world we go back to buying packs and boxes from Steve when we felt like it at recommended retail. But it’s different now , they have to think of a better way as that’s tampering with the box.

If this release is any indicator, the days of genuinely 'flipping' boxes are numbered. I can't see it being a thing for more than another 12-18 months.

Each release is seemingly taking longer to sell out and profits made selling on eBay are quickly becoming razor thin as the sheer weight of listings results in a race to the bottom. We are far removed from the days of 2021 Optimum that sold out in under 90 seconds and was getting snapped up for 700+ on the secondary market (despite retailing for less than 2023 Legacy).

If this release is any indicator, the days of genuinely 'flipping' boxes are numbered. I can't see it being a thing for more than another 12-18 months.

Each release is seemingly taking longer to sell out and profits made selling on eBay are quickly becoming razor thin as the sheer weight of listings results in a race to the bottom. We are far removed from the days of 2021 Optimum that sold out in under 90 seconds and was getting snapped up for 700+ on the secondary market (despite retailing for less than 2023 Legacy).

I think quick flips are numbered. Those who are holding long term will still be ok as you'll still have breakers and people who love particular releases that will jump on a product once supply is gone.

Select have done a marvellous job of stabilising this by targeting the bots

Only an extra 6 hidden cards, huge miss not to have all 18 teams.

Kouta
Peter Daicos
Jobs Watson
Shaun Burgoyne
Matthew Richardson
Ben Cousins

Also wish they had another release of Future Hall of Fame since that's the essence of Legacy but select gonna select

I think quick flips are numbered. Those who are holding long term will still be ok as you'll still have breakers and people who love particular releases that will jump on a product once supply is gone.

Select have done a marvellous job of stabilising this by targeting the bots

Long term will be fine I agree, particularly sets that have preceded 2023 Legacy. The sneaker crew generally don't have the funds to hold long term (nor the desire to do so), and it's just a question of when the return on investment of flipping becomes too low to bother. Once the flippers are out of the hobby demand will quickly swing the other way, and strict box limits will soon be a thing of the past (although may still exist in some form for a while yet).

I'm not so sure Select have mitigated bots to any great extent. A number of listings on eBay range from 6-10 boxes, and I can only assume these would be people who aren't members of SCC.

Long term will be fine I agree, particularly sets that have preceded 2023 Legacy. The sneaker crew generally don't have the funds to hold long term (nor the desire to do so), and it's just a question of when the return on investment of flipping becomes too low to bother. Once the flippers are out of the hobby demand will quickly swing the other way, and strict box limits will soon be a thing of the past (although may still exist in some form for a while yet).

I'm not so sure Select have mitigated bots to any great extent. A number of listings on eBay range from 6-10 boxes, and I can only assume these would be people who aren't members of SCC.
Yeah we're still in the infancy of the bot affliction with Select.

I think a couple of years and it won't be worth the trouble

Only an extra 6 hidden cards, huge miss not to have all 18 teams.

Kouta
Peter Daicos
Jobs Watson
Shaun Burgoyne
Matthew Richardson
Ben Cousins

Also wish they had another release of Future Hall of Fame since that's the essence of Legacy but select gonna select

Generally speaking, the six biggest clubs... coincidence? I doubt it.

I reckon teams without a Captain Signature will have one of these so Dogs perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom