Legacy 2023

This hurts a lot, especially for those of us that have been loyal collectors for years and were also buying during the down times.
such is life...
personally I like the idea of more box's being distributed into as many hands as possible.
Select have made it clear, that for the last few years cases are and were a thing of the past.

Agreed times have changed and in some instances for the better. Every effort to get more into hands of collectors rather than flippers, breakers is appreciated

Though I may be showing my age and being too old school 🤣🤣

Its funny the last time I was buying boxes was the when they ran Prime Draft in 2013.

When you have all these inserts and chase cards with fancy graphics and finishes, it would have been nice if the base cards were action shots with a nice subtle name plate. Like 2021 Topp Stadium Club Baseball.

Also weird thematic choice not to have Oscar Allen in the Team Leaders set, but I guess he's in Cornerstone. Like Hawthorn its light on for West Coast fans.

Kinda wish they would quit that Captain Signature design. I get that its a recurring theme but the football blending into (obscuring) the logo screams Fisher Price My First Photoshop.

Another thing I thought of here. Disappointed once again no patch cards. We literally only get patch cards in Supremacy, and that’s only once every 2 years. We need more match worn/game used patch cards. I don’t want our hobby flooded with them, but want at least something every year. The NRL guys get them, can’t be that hard.

Yeah, I love a game work patch card as well. Maybe the jumpers are difficult to source? I know clubs like to sell/auction them off.

It's funny that in NFL you get a deluge of non game and non player worn patches, in AFL you get none.

Yeah, I love a game work patch card as well. Maybe the jumpers are difficult to source? I know clubs like to sell/auction them off.

It's funny that in NFL you get a deluge of non game and non player worn patches, in AFL you get none.
Like many... i love a game used patch card aswell ... but its a good thing...
its the difference in being able to buy a NFL patch card for a dollar or two
and holding up the AFL patch cards at a good/stable/high price.
a example....16'/17' certified guernsey patch cards are still to this day held up because they did not pump them out year after year

Think this is right

1694993038108.png

he did play 250 games ,he was a premiership player for them but if you look at the card both pics on the front are of him as coach maybe a error on selects part not to at least have the top pic him a a player
There will be Richmond collectors who don't want any Essendon stuff and vice versa

with that being said..there would be a good number of HOF collectors(regardless of team colours) out there..
I'm pure richmond, yet just today had a bid on the Lockett HOF currently on auction.

Been going back & forward on this since yesterday, and whilst select did cook it and do a dis-service to Sheeds in a sense on the lack of Richmond / GWS, the AFL themselves do consider him a legend in the AFL Hall of Fame as Richmond and so I will source one and add to it.

IMG_9783.jpeg

IMG_9765.jpeg

IMG_9767.jpeg

IMG_9768.jpeg

There's no way he would be a HOF legend if it was for his only based on his playing career, so for me this card should be an Essendon card and in his coaching colours.

Back
Top Bottom