League or AFL

What is better, AFL or Rugby League??

• AFL

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Rugby League

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
mattyj said:
NRL isnt football - the ball isnt kicked enough...same with Gridiron, thats not football

Soccer is the true "football"

afl cant really be called football either.

it should be called semi-football. cause they use their hands still

ducky_poo said:
afl cant really be called football either.

it should be called semi-football. cause they use their hands still

would we class soccer as football as they use there heads also and not just there feet ?

the other thing is is there anyone who voted for afl thats not from victoria?

mmmmmm anyone? no ok then lol :)

and i'd like to see a soccer game where they bring the ball all the way up the field by using just there head lol be cool to see :)

ducky_poo said:

Actually Duck....read my earlier posts and you will see that i am from QLD....

hang on a sec ok let me put it this way. if you take out all the people who are from vic then basically you'd have the same as nrl supporters. just saying vic is an afl state. full stop. victorians are like cletus from the simpsons. lol
cletus-simpsons.jpg

ya huk

ducky_poo said:

and i'd like to see a soccer game where they bring the ball all the way up the field by using just there head lol be cool to see :)

Actually I from NSW and I voted for AFL !!!

plus nrl have better commentaters

cant beat big daryl eastlake for enthusiasm. who does afl have Eddie "i cant believe i got the job" Maguire

nrl is international. what does afl have the one series against ireland where they dont even play the same game. come on.

ducky_poo said:

cant beat big daryl eastlake for enthusiasm. who does afl have Eddie "i cant believe i got the job" Maguire

nrl is international. what does afl have the one series against ireland where they dont even play the same game. come on.
Eddie doesnt commentate anymore.
Go Dennis Commetti

ducky_poo said:

Darts is an international sport as well, does that mean its better as well?

Eddie doesn't commentate the footy either...

I think crowd numbers tell a pretty convincing story.... Even in Sydney, the AFL games get more people than NRL...

who cares if its international, i think the fact that AFL is uniquely australian makes it better not worse. what other country has a nationwide pro sport as big as Aussie rules that is played only in that country? the fact that only we play it and understand the beauty of it makes it all the more special. the fact that we miss out on international competitions like the world cup does take it down a peg or 2 though.

VIC, SA, WA, NT, ACT, and Tassie are all footy first states, and QLD and NSW have fairly large and passionate supporter bases, you rugby guys are outnumbered by a fair margin.

Back
Top Bottom