League or AFL

What is better, AFL or Rugby League??

• AFL

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Rugby League

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
ruckers said:
I think you'll find wolvesjr34 & Richo are not from Vic either...

Correct - I am fom NSW

scottsophie said:
Yeah it was the best game ive seen this year. Go doggies 4-0

Agreed, definately the best game I have watched this year, I wish my side (WCE) would play like either of those two sides. Anyways off to watch the WCE in Canberra tomorrow, hopefully we will be 4-0 too !!! Not confident though......so much so that I put $20 on the Kangaroos @ $2.65 so if we lose at least i'll have covered my petol money to Canberra & back :lol:

JZA said:
who cares if its international, i think the fact that AFL is uniquely australian makes it better not worse. what other country has a nationwide pro sport as big as Aussie rules that is played only in that country? the fact that only we play it and understand the beauty of it makes it all the more special. the fact that we miss out on international competitions like the world cup does take it down a peg or 2 though.

VIC, SA, WA, NT, ACT, and Tassie are all footy first states, and QLD and NSW have fairly large and passionate supporter bases, you rugby guys are outnumbered by a fair margin.

gridiron. sure its played in other countries but doesnt have the support behind it

hurling. scotlands national passtime

Supporters and crowd numbers tell the story...i read a couple of years ago that AFL had more than 7 million in crowd numbers for the year. That is huge.

Super league killed rugby league....

ducky_poo said:
plus nrl have better commentaters

cant beat big daryl eastlake for enthusiasm. who does afl have Eddie "i cant believe i got the job" Maguire

Im not sure if you meat Ray Warren instead of Darrell Eastlake. Big Darrell used to do the commentary but ol' Golden Tonsils Ray Warren has been the lead NRL caller for the past 5-6 years. Ray Warren also does the swimming on Channel Bert, I mean channel 9.

Cheers
Matt (from NSW)

Back
Top Bottom