COMC Blog Launching Beckett Subscriptions

COMC Blog

COMC BLOG
Real Name
www.comc.com
Hello COMC Nation, we have some very exciting news to share with everyone today! Recently, COMC and Beckett began working together to provide features like our Grading through COMC service. There have also been changes to how we handle and manage Beckett Book Values, which were implemented when we launched COMC.com.

As we’ve grown and our inventory has gotten larger, we’ve become too big to simply license the Beckett Book Value data as we had in the past. But, the close relationship between COMC and Beckett has allowed several valuable services to emerge that many of our users are already taking advantage of.

Starting today, users will be able to purchase and utilize their Beckett Subscriptions directly through COMC!

Now when you look at cards on the site, you should see this:

The Subscribe link now displays next to Beckett BV. When selected, it leads you to a page to purchase a Beckett subscription through COMC:

Click to Enlarge

On this screen, you will have the option to purchase the level of service that best meets your needs as a buyer or seller. If you only need to know the value of a single card, player, or sport, you’re covered. If you like to shop for all kinds of cards, you’ll want to consider a Total Access subscription, which grants you full access to the millions of items listed in Beckett’s Online Price Guide. All subscriptions purchased on COMC will also be accessible on Beckett.com.

Existing OPG Subscription

What if you already have a Beckett OPG subscription? As you can see in the photo above, you can link your current subscription to your COMC account to view the book values for all the COMC listings to which you’re currently subscribed to. After clicking the link, a popup will display requesting you to log in to your current Beckett account. Once successful, your accounts will be linked and any subscriptions purchased on either site will be reflected in both your Beckett and COMC accounts.

Physical Beckett Guide

There’s another option if you’re “old-school” and still want to have that physical copy of the Beckett Guide. If you choose the “Dynamic Duo” option, you’ll have access to the OPG as well as receive your physical copy in the mail. So, you’ll have your Beckett access however you need.

Consignors

Finally, to all our consignors don’t worry. You still have the ability to see Beckett book values for items you submitted to COMC as it’s built into the cost of our processing services.

We’re really excited about this ability to offer you price guide options, and we’re not done yet. We have something else waiting in the on-deck circle that we’re just about ready to announce, which we think is also pretty cool. Stay tuned for details, and in the meantime, feel free to leave us your thoughts in the comments below and stay in touch by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

Filed under: How To, new features, Service Update
b.gif

Continue reading...

I'm sorry but this is not exciting news. This is BS. I have a large package in my car ready to send Into you guys, but now I'm having second thoughts.

There now charging people for something that used to be a free part of the site. Sure as a seller I can still see my cards value, but buyers cannot. And i too am a buyer and found this tool quite usefull, and it was obviously already incorporated into there exsisting fees. But now they want us to pay for it.

And there is nothing exciting about this news at all, there just sugar coating the fact the want us to now pay an extra fee for something that was once incorporated.

Thanks for the link, that was actually really insightful as to why this is happening and has helped me curve my anger today (I'm having one of those days where I'm just getting angry about everything!)
So it's more to do with Beckett protecting there business model rather then comc trying to pickpocket us.

You have to wonder though. How much longer is Beckett really going to be around anyway?

Back
Top Bottom