Latest Movie/DVD you've seen, and what would you rate it...

I don't know how you thought Gran Torino was funny :p

The message at the end if you analyse and interpret it like i did is a message of conscience and guilt. While the 'bad' guys towards the end had a chance to run from the scene before the incident occured, they didn't. Instead they knew they had done wrong. That's my interpretation of it anyways :) Anyways, great film! Probably not as good as Mystic River or Million Dollar Baby, but it's up there. --9/10

Well thing is in real life, those other asians living in the area probably would of kept their mouths shut and not got involved with the westerners as they were from that era of hate, and nothing would of come of it.

I know they tried to show a message behind it all, but it was just so cheesy.

A majority of the neighbour hoods in America are like that. I thought the film was set in this era or present time. Anyways, those asians were punks; not only were they getting involved with Clint but also their cousins and what not. It's quite sad, but this is a realistic depiction of life and guilt. I don't think it's cheesy at all but the asian girl i found quite annoying :p Oh and that wiga guy, but i guess thats what you got to do to survive in a neighbour hood like theirs. Like all Clint's movies their is a message but i guess thats my interpretation.

A majority of the neighbour hoods in America are like that. I thought the film was set in this era or present time. Anyways, those asians were punks; not only were they getting involved with Clint but also their cousins and what not. It's quite sad, but this is a realistic depiction of life and guilt. I don't think it's cheesy at all but the asian girl i found quite annoying :p Oh and that wiga guy, but i guess thats what you got to do to survive in a neighbour hood like theirs. Like all Clint's movies their is a message but i guess thats my interpretation.

well yer it was good, but the cop saying now we got witnesses was the thing that spoiled it and made it cheesy, when hours before they said no one wanted to talk so they couldn't arrest anyone, which in reality is true. Cause alot of communities like that don't talk to cops and keep to themself.

but overall still a good movie and I will get it on Blu-Ray if it gets there haha.

I thought Gran Torino was funny too. Quite a few cracks in it throughout.

The ending was good, I thought. They had no witnesses from the previous attacks from the "gang" but he went there, called them out, and witnesses saw them shoot him.

Call it a sacrifice if you will, he was dying, and knew it, and wanted to clear way for a better future for hew new-found friends.

Watched There Will Be Blood (again) recently. Top movie. If I didn't give it a 10 last time I am now.

Latest Films I've seen;

Notorious 6/10 - Great going down memory lane and seeing it from Big's perspective but makes you wonder how much of it is from his perspective, he's been dead for 11 years after all. Dude that played him was pretty good and convincing but the guy that played Pac (while being good in other films), failed... Overall worth a watch if you're a fan.

Kidulthood 5/10 - Not a bad British 'Boys N Tha Hood' Type.

Adulthood 6/10 - The sequel, for once better than the original (doesn't happen often). Definitely worth a watch if you caught the first one.

While She Was Out 6/10 - Predictable revenge flick but something to pass the time.

earth- pretty good I love the show

taken- awesome movie, if you like action/revenge films watch it.

I am hoping to catch "a haunting in conneticuit" and "terminator salvation" this week

earth- pretty good I love the show

taken- awesome movie, if you like action/revenge films watch it.

I am hoping to catch "a haunting in conneticuit" and "terminator salvation" this week

Terminator Salvation should be pretty good, and brings me to a question;

Has anyone had any pop-ups with T2 trailers in the last week or so?

I've had 2 when I've logged onto youtube at different times, direct me straight to a trailer on youtube and then the other day I had a new window open with the T2 trailer when I logged onto a site that directed me to another site.

I thought it was amusing, a machine telling me to go watch a movie where machines want to rule the earth. :lol:

Just watched Crank 2 (High Voltage).
If you liked the first one its a must see, more action more titties more over the top crazy sh!t.

terminator salvation- it was an okay film, I will get the dvd but it will be one that you watch around 30 minutes a night while going to bed.

thats awesome, i thought i was the only person who did that everynight. nothing better than chillin with a movie, for the first 30 mins or so then crashin. used to do that all the time with batman begins LOL

btw i saw Terminator salvation at Gold Class.. best sound system in sydney.. The Movie was ace on my side.. but were all allowed out POVs!

Cheers

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, any critics yet? I can't wait, I've heard mixed reviews though. Who cares Fox is so hot.

Pretty sure it comes out tomorrow night doesn't it?

Anyway, watch this space as I'm going for sure! :cool:

Caught up with King of Kong - A Fistful of Quarters the other day which is a doco about vintage arcade games, world record hi-scores and the people who pursue them....awesome to watch....highly recommended.

Also saw Fanboys which was enjoyable...recommended particularly if you're a Star Wars fan!!

I saw "I Love you Man" the other day. Was a crack up! Really Hilarious. Worth your $$$

Caught up with King of Kong - A Fistful of Quarters the other day which is a doco about vintage arcade games, world record hi-scores and the people who pursue them....awesome to watch....highly recommended.

Also saw Fanboys which was enjoyable...recommended particularly if you're a Star Wars fan!!

king of kong is great, that dude (forget his name, the one with the beard) is such a pathetic slimeball, its awesome doco. the good guy in the doco (forget his name too) tried to set the world record for kong at the E3 convention the other week, didnt get it but managed to get to the kill screen.

Back
Top Bottom