Latest Movie/DVD you've seen, and what would you rate it...

Looking forward to the Wrestler, heard only good things.

Watched another Golden Globe winner the other night, Slumdog Millionaire. Great film, can't give it less than an 8 out of 10. Reminded me alot of City of God, mostly because it's straying away from Hollywood and showing you a completely different country than what you're use to fucusing on as the backdrop to a film.

Also seen Max Payne. That's get's a 7 out of 10 from me, pretty sure I'm one of very few harcore fans of the game that actually liked it for what it was. Perhaps the best video game adaptation so far. Could have used an R rating though, the games were pretty grimey like that, the film was watered down for the kiddies. They should have followed Sin City's lead there and kept it as intended, for the adults.

Believe you me it was great.

They are two movies i do wanna see. Always been a fan of the game max payne and i know it got panned but what were people expecting? Its based on a shoot em up its not gonna be the deepest movie in history.

Watched The life aquatic with steve sizou (mispelt i know)
Seen it before, actually own it because i love it just so damn much!

Looking forward to the Wrestler, heard only good things.

Watched another Golden Globe winner the other night, Slumdog Millionaire. Great film, can't give it less than an 8 out of 10. Reminded me alot of City of God, mostly because it's straying away from Hollywood and showing you a completely different country than what you're use to fucusing on as the backdrop to a film.

Also seen Max Payne. That's get's a 7 out of 10 from me, pretty sure I'm one of very few harcore fans of the game that actually liked it for what it was. Perhaps the best video game adaptation so far. Could have used an R rating though, the games were pretty grimey like that, the film was watered down for the kiddies. They should have followed Sin City's lead there and kept it as intended, for the adults.

i was very disapointed in Max payne only 1 real shoot em up scene i would give it a 4/10 i was expecting alot more shooting, story line was ok.i was forced to get drunk with my mates while we were watching it at the cinema

i was very disapointed in Max payne only 1 real shoot em up scene i would give it a 4/10 i was expecting alot more shooting, story line was ok.i was forced to get drunk with my mates while we were watching it at the cinema

Say no to peer pressure. :p

Yeah a lot of people don't like it and I completely understand why. If they had aimed for a more mature audience we would have got the action sequences we were expecting.

Finally seen the Wrestler, great film shot well in the sense that it was different and more up close and personal, love the hand held style - had a real documentary style about it. Rourke was the perfect fit aswell.

[hide]
Also glad it wasn't a glamour hero flick, showing a broken down wrestler and comparing it to the stripping life with the side story was a great comparison. Both characters were dinosaurs in a sense in their proffession either not knowing when to stop or just not being able to quit the life for whatever reason.
[/hide]
I give it an 8 out of 10. :thumbsup:

bargain

great movie and one of the better remakes, hope the 2nd one is just as good.

2nd one???

Is the Mad Man coming back again????????

Was paid about $15 for our copy from EzyDVD, 2nd time I've seen it and love it all the same!

For any WWE fans, I recently picked up the Twisted & Disturbed Life of Kane (3 Discs).

Has about 28 matches in it, and lots of other stuff. Just started the 3rd disc. It's bloody awesome!!!

For any WWE fans, I recently picked up the Twisted & Disturbed Life of Kane (3 Discs).

Has about 28 matches in it, and lots of other stuff. Just started the 3rd disc. It's bloody awesome!!!

I have that, he is the only guy I like in it anymore. I was somewhat dissappointed with the dvd, there are so many matches that should have been on it such as the TLC match where he won the tag team titles all by himself because the hurricane was "injured" and of course the match mask vs title against triple h and the royle rumble where he eliminated a record 11 people.

still a good dvd but I hope they have another Kane dvd come out, they should put one out that is all promo stuff and clips like when he tombstoned linda mcmahon and would just run in the ring and chokeslam everyone in his path :)

lakeview terrace- 3/5

spoiler:

at the hour and 24 minute mark when the guy is starring at the smoke it looks like it isnt moving and is a background, I thought it was funny

They have a Kane dvd out now ay, wouldn't mind seeing that does it include his wwf title win? I wanna pick up the edge dvd that was recently released also anyone seen it?

Most recently watched movie was Blade runner directors cut...it was awsesome

2nd one???

Is the Mad Man coming back again????????

Was paid about $15 for our copy from EzyDVD, 2nd time I've seen it and love it all the same!

you betcha UHM - H2

Used to love watching Kane back in the day.

My dad bought a whole lot of movies back from Malaysia, haha pirated of course.

I think he's an Angelina Jolie fan, got about 4 movies with her in them.

Got "The Kingdom" with Jamie Foxxx too, I'm keen to watch that one..

running man- excellent film

I am either going to watch Friday the 13th, taken, or my bloody valentine 3d on saturday i just don't know which one (im leaning towards my bloody valentine 3d)

ive got my box set of fridaythe 13th ready and wating for me at home for tonight :D

Why we have to wait a month longer than America to see it makes no sense. It's Friday the 13th, the studios really could have used that here, day 1 at the Box Office falling on a weekend, well a friday at least that happens to be the 13th is perfect for this films release no matter what country it is. :mad:

March 12th just doesn't have the same ring to it. :ermm:

Most recently seen 'W' by Oliver Stone. Big fan (of Stone not Bush) and loved this. There's a mystery as to who Bush really is, all we know from the media and in general is the babbling idiot we see on television who messes up speehes and sayings, who choked on a pretzel while watching a Football game and like his Daddy went to war with Iraq. Not sure how accurate the protrayal and story was but it was well done and Interesting to get an inside look at who George W Bush is, his history, his beliefs, his relationship with his Father and Family and his intelligence that for the most part is hidden with a certain amount of public perception that he has none. Also the planning of a War, how a whole Nation let alone the World can be decieved and ultimately the repercussions of that War.

Once again, not stating the film is 100% accurate and not looking to get political here, I'm talking about a movie and it's story line. :v:

Josh Brolin was brilliant. Apparently Christian Bale was meant to play Bush but couldn't and while I like the majority of films he's in Josh was perfect as Bush. They even managed to make him look shorter in stature and appearance just like Bush, not sure if it was larger set design or what but they definitely tricked the eye. All the actors were well casted and Colin Powell's character was intersting and down to earth, would like to think that's who he really is. Only thing I didn't like was Thandie Newton playing Condoleezza Rice. She had the mannerisms and movements of C3PO and sounded like Sammy Davis Jr. - Epic Fail!!! :lol:

Anyway, that aside I give it an 8 out of 10. Defintely worth a watch.

Back
Top Bottom