Jarryd Hayne & NFL Cards

Good luck to him on the cancer, but has he even played? He was big news 3 years ago. Supposed first rounder, that dropped to the fifth and hasn't played an nfl game. It's unfortunate that he's had injuries and illness, but my money is he'll be cut by the Seahawks for the second time in two weeks

Good luck to him on the cancer, but has he even played? He was big news 3 years ago. Supposed first rounder, that dropped to the fifth and hasn't played an nfl game. It's unfortunate that he's had injuries and illness, but my money is he'll be cut by the Seahawks for the second time in two weeks

He has played as many games as Hayne :)

Only difference is he played gridiron for half his life. Hayne took it up 8 months ago. Williams got over hyped cause of the system he was in at Alabama. I'll bet if he wasn't on the Seahawks roster, you'd have no interest in him, like the rest of us

Only difference is he played gridiron for half his life. Hayne took it up 8 months ago. Williams got over hyped cause of the system he was in at Alabama. I'll bet if he wasn't on the Seahawks roster, you'd have no interest in him, like the rest of us

Hayne has been playing league for how long? His skills in league are pretty much the direct skills he needs for what people are saying he will be in the NFL. Williams would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick had it not been for injury. I have an interest in every Aussie NFL player.

I don't think Hayne will be any good if he makes the NFL, but I'm willing to eat humble pie and admit I was wrong if he does. Would just be nice if the Australian media and a lot of the public would stop acting like he is the second coming of Deion Sanders and be a bit more realistic

Williams was injured after the draft and was overhyped by the media here. To compare kick returning in the nfl and nrl is just ridiculous. Two totally different animals. Yes he has to run and yes he has to sidestep/cut, but they're about the only similarities. He's got to learn to run in pads, and the restricted vision of a helmet, learn to follow/trust blocks. Know the play, which way the run will be set up. League is just winging it basically and usually you've got a winger to take some of the pressure off. I don't think anyone's compared him to Deion or Devin Hester, but considering how long he's been training for gridiron it's pretty remarkable. And the second and third stringers you mention that's he's playing against are usually the ones that make up the special teams, so these guys are playing for their career as well. It's not like their there for a pro bowl to take it easy.

Hayne has been playing league for how long? His skills in league are pretty much the direct skills he needs for what people are saying he will be in the NFL.

I don't think Hayne will be any good if he makes the NFL, but I'm willing to eat humble pie and admit I was wrong if he does. Would just be nice if the Australian media and a lot of the public would stop acting like he is the second coming of Deion Sanders and be a bit more realistic

So why haven't more NRL or Union players gone over and taken on the challenge of NFL as a skill position player? I think you're way underestimating the task that Hayne has so far undertaken. With Kendall Hunter and Bruce Ellington both out, the last decent player we had who could play this kind of role was Kassim Osgood, I think he has a decent shot at making the 53 man roster.

I've been watching that auction from the start, and continually shaking my head. Can't believe people are stoopid enough to buy that garbage, and then pay that much. When his genuine autos start hitting the market it could get a little pricey. Going to be a bit like Marcos Ambrose when he was at his most popular- bidding against all of Australia.

Tell you what, when they do release official Hayne cards, it will be a bidding frenzy.

Tell you what, when they do release official Hayne cards, it will be a bidding frenzy.

Two things will likely happen:
1. American box busters will complain about having another undrafted rookie in a set, list dirt cheap to begin with and they will get snapped up real quick;
2. By the end of the season the market will be flooded with autos of Hayne from Topps and in particular Panini

I really hope the buyer realizes it is a custom and is not an unaware buyer thinking they have landed a nice 1/1 "superfractor"

I've been watching that auction from the start, and continually shaking my head. Can't believe people are stoopid enough to buy that garbage, and then pay that much. When his genuine autos start hitting the market it could get a little pricey. Going to be a bit like Marcos Ambrose when he was at his most popular- bidding against all of Australia.

Yeah, in the early days I had Ambrose all to my self...but it got veeery expensive towards the end...

Back
Top Bottom