ITALIA vs FRANCE

reign40

The Reign was unstoppable
ALL CLASS VS ALL CLASS

Should be a great game, both teams very intelligent. I think france will break Italia's unbeaten back line and kick a goal, but it won't be enough Italy will kick 2 or 3 goals themselves and take the cup

CAMPIONI MONDIALI 2006

ITALIA

and all cos of one bad refereeing decision...must be destiny for the azzurri, they should win.

although, id like zizou to go out on a high, one of the all time greats of world football.

perfect situation: Its 2 all. zidane gets a penalty with 5 seconds to go in extra time. he scores a hat trick and is immortalised as the greatest french player ever and Italy get justice dealt to them! :D

Gooooo France!!! :D

I think I may have predicted or cheer for France (besides Socceroos), on one of our first World Cup thread started by All-Starcards aka Marcus. They're going well. I should've put a bet. :p

Cheers~

GO FRANCE!
justice has to be done, you cant let soft cocks win the most prestigous sporting event in the World. France have had to beat Brazil and Spain too.
Id love to see them win their 2nd WC, and im a fan of Henry so i hope he scores a hatrick lol :cool:

Both teams are cheats. Bunch of pu$$y "Divers".

Henry's pathetic. Portugal player didn't get near him.

Sam - Portugal spent the whole bloody game falling over and u know it. The game has been a joke lately with all the faceclutching after getting hit in the chest - henry included - I thought the refs were gonna hand out cards for 'simulation' - I haven't seen one and it's been a joke. Portugal were ridiculous today - they thought Henry's penalty wasn't one so spent the whole game diving and looking at the ref - who I thought was pretty good....

Sorry to say this and repeat the opinions of most Aussie 10 years ago! SOCCER IS NOT A MANS GAME! All those wimps/divers proved it in the world cup! I hope France wins....

Sorry to say this and repeat the opinions of most Aussie 10 years ago! SOCCER IS NOT A MANS GAME! All those wimps/divers proved it in the world cup! I hope France wins....

I agree..Except for the France bit. :)

samtheman said:
Both teams are cheats. Bunch of pu$$y "Divers".

Henry's pathetic. Portugal player didn't get near him.

Portugal player didn't get near him? Are you serious man? That was a clear penalty because Carvalho kicked his leg. He couldn't have fallen over and scored for himself as he was free, but Carvalho kicked him in the process, which is a clear foul. There was no need to dive for that. Which camera angle did you see?

On a side note, I really think Thierry Henry fell over quite easily against Spain, was to get revenge/payback from his marker at the time, Carles Puyol, whom played for FC Barcelona.

If anyone remember the Barca game against Arsenal in the Champions League Final, Barca players was flopping all over the field and at the end of the game, Henry was quite mad with the officials, even saying to SBS TV, that he should learn to dive in games to get more calls.

So isn't it ironic that he fell easily when he was chasing the ball and closely marked and supposably fouled by Carles Puyol, a Barcelona player??? I guess whatever goes around, comes around, aye? ;)

In all honesty, that was the very FIRST time I've ever seen Thierry fell down so easily. He usually stays on his feet and as I said before, I was suprised that he did what he did but in a way, I think what I said above may be right.

Cheers~

cliffy21 said:

definitely agreed

except for the I hope France wins part!

Italy have too much depth, but you never know!

cliffy21 said:

I don't think anyone have ever said Soccer is a man's game. Did you read my response on the "Forza Italia" thread, which is a few thread below this one? It is not comparable to any other sport.

Not all sports are a man's game.

Please do not destroy a good thread like this into a discussion about soccer being a non-physical sport like rugby etc. We've had enough of those and so, please stay on topic.

henkita217 said:
On a side note, I really think Thierry Henry fell over quite easily against Spain, was to get revenge/payback from his marker at the time, Carles Puyol, whom played for FC Barcelona.

If anyone remember the Barca game against Arsenal in the Champions League Final, Barca players was flopping all over the field and at the end of the game, Henry was quite mad with the officials, even saying to SBS TV, that he should learn to dive in games to get more calls.

So isn't it ironic that he fell easily when he was chasing the ball and closely marked and supposably fouled by Carles Puyol, a Barcelona player??? I guess whatever goes around, comes around, aye? ;)

so your baically saying he was fully justified in flopping becase other players flop too? thats hardly something a role model player would do. its like 2 kids fighting, the explanation is always, "well he hit me first", same thing here.

personally, it saddens me that nearly all high class pro footballers these days believe the end justifies the means; they believe that they need to win using any means necessary, whether its ethical or not. shirt pulling, diving, testicle stomping...its all making the 'beautiful game' a little less beautiful every time these things happen.

FIFA had better pull their finger out and make some significant refereeing changes for the future. 1 umpire on the field is stupid, i dont know why FIFA wouldnt make it 2, i mean is there any reason why 2 umps wouldnty be better than 1? not only so theres a ref closer to the action at all times, but also so that both refs can confer when making big decisions like handing out penalties and cards. also making 2 linesman per side of the field is a good idea, although offsides are hardly the biggest problem in world football. video refs should be mandatory for all penalties in big tournaments like the world cup, if the ref is not 100% sure,refer to the video, simple. there is no reason why that wouldnt work. Sep Blatter is a moron, plain and simple.

i dont know whats worse, modern AFL where the administrators have tried to over police the game to the point where there is a whistle blown every 10 seconds for touching the opponents jumper, or Football where the umps dont call handballs, shirt pulls, wrestling, yet give cards and penalties for blatant dives. these people running the world sporting organisations are businessmen at heart, they dont give a shit about the game i reckon, just getting bums on seats and merchandise sold.

JZA said:
so your baically saying he was fully justified in flopping becase other players flop too? thats hardly something a role model player would do. its like 2 kids fighting, the explanation is always, "well he hit me first", same thing here.

personally, it saddens me that nearly all high class pro footballers these days believe the end justifies the means; they believe that they need to win using any means necessary, whether its ethical or not. shirt pulling, diving, testicle stomping...its all making the 'beautiful game' a little less beautiful every time these things happen.

FIFA had better pull their finger out and make some significant refereeing changes for the future. 1 umpire on the field is stupid, i dont know why FIFA wouldnt make it 2, i mean is there any reason why 2 umps wouldnty be better than 1? not only so theres a ref closer to the action at all times, but also so that both refs can confer when making big decisions like handing out penalties and cards. also making 2 linesman per side of the field is a good idea, although offsides are hardly the biggest problem in world football. video refs should be mandatory for all penalties in big tournaments like the world cup, if the ref is not 100% sure,refer to the video, simple. there is no reason why that wouldnt work. Sep Blatter is a moron, plain and simple.

i dont know whats worse, modern AFL where the administrators have tried to over police the game to the point where there is a whistle blown every 10 seconds for touching the opponents jumper, or Football where the umps dont call handballs, shirt pulls, wrestling, yet give cards and penalties for blatant dives. these people running the world sporting organisations are businessmen at heart, they dont give a shit about the game i reckon, just getting bums on seats and merchandise sold.

Where did I say it is OK to dive or fake a foul??? You took what I said out of context. I never said I justified what he did and I don't think I've ever justified any caught-out divers. I just said why I think he did it. I think he had personal reasons to do it especially against Puyol. You should check back at my comment on Thierry easy fall as I certainly did not defend him then!!

Sepp Blatter is looking for ways to improve football games after this dismal World Cup so I think calling him an idiot, moron is simply unnecessary name calling. He did say he is thinking about introducing 2 refs in the game, so please give the man a chance. Divers never take it to the next level before this World Cup started.

Every sports have it's dilemmas mate. You've just got to accept that, otherwise, run for the president of the sport. I've been a long time follower of Formula One. There are issues there too even with judgement with videos technology etc but what can we do except discuss it with one or another.

Even your ideas have some grey areas; of having 2 refs and 2 linesman per sidelines. What if 1 ref doesn't agree with the other? Or what if one linesman doesn't agree that the player is offside? Having a video ref can also go against what you think the call should be, after all, he is just another opinion. Having a video ref may have the advantage of having a look at replays but what if his/her decision go against yours? I certainly don't believe that you agree with ALL the calls made from the video referee during the Rugby League, do you?

Solutions please...

Here's what I'd do. Only 1 ref and 2 linesmen. I'd introduce a video ref though and the ref can go to them with any penalty area decisions he likes. The video ref has 1.00 to decide whether it's a penalty, a fair challenge or a dive - if it's a dive - the prick who did it gets the red one....if it's good enough that a last defender can get a red for a foul - it's good enough for the pretty boys to get a red for diving. It'd only happen for a few weeks and then they'd stop doing it as it'd blow the game for their team.

While I'm at it I'd also fix cricket!!! I'd do what they do in the nfl in the US and give each batting abd bowling team a tv challenge each innings for a poor decision and if there's indisputable evidence that the decision is wrong then they can change it but they only get 1 challenge and like in the nfl - there's only 1 minute to change the decision. That'd stop lbw decsions when there's an inside edge and also get a few non walkers out when there's a knick behind....

????

ok fair enough, im sorry maybe i misquoted you, however, it seemed like if you werent condoning Henry's actions, then you certainly werent condemning them either.

and i think you are misquoting me, where did i say Sep is an idiot? i think your wrong if your inferring that diving only reached epic proportions during this WC, there has been a steady build up of this kind of behavior for some years, til its reached the point now it has where drastic changes to the game must be made. every sport has its dilemmas yes, but some far more than others. basketball for example, i think is pretty damn good all round, as well as tennis. soccer, AFL, etc have some deeply flawed elements to them, and perhaps these cannot be righted without changing the game so many millions of poeple love. it was a bloody gutsy move to introduce video refs to tennis and cricket, these games are based very much on tradition, but its been good for both sports i think.

as for the greay areas: if both refs disagree, then they go to video, simple. i dont think offsides are a problem anyway. the refs are accurate 90% of the time. how is a video an opinion? opinion is a human thing, video is absolute truth while opinion is flawed. and i dont watch rugby. any more questions?

i hope we will have a great match in final i.e a France victory:) honestly if the first goal is scored quicly it will be an intensive match unless it will be the same kind that in semi...after the semi i thought that french team was a little bit tired and i'm very worried about that,wheather is very warm and hot and it could be one of the key of the final! ggoo France we want the second star!!

JZA said:
ok fair enough, im sorry maybe i misquoted you, however, it seemed like if you werent condoning Henry's actions, then you certainly werent condemning them either.

and i think you are misquoting me, where did i say Sep is an idiot? i think your wrong if your inferring that diving only reached epic proportions during this WC, there has been a steady build up of this kind of behavior for some years, til its reached the point now it has where drastic changes to the game must be made. every sport has its dilemmas yes, but some far more than others. basketball for example, i think is pretty damn good all round, as well as tennis, soccer, AFL, etc have some deeply flawed elements to them, and perhaps these cannot be righted without changing the game so many millions of poeple love. it was a bloody gutsy move to introduce video refs to tennis and cricket, these games are based very much on tradition, but its been good for both sports i think.

as for the greay areas: if both refs disagree, then they go to video, simple. i dont think offsides are a problem anyway. the refs are accurate 90% of the time. how is a video an opinion? opinion is a human thing, video is absolute truth while opinion is flawed. and i dont watch rugby. any more questions?

That's fair enough. I think I might've mis-quoted you on the word idiot for moron :p but both words are almost related.

Anyway, I think I remember agreeing to introduce video refereeing to the world of football (soccer). However, expect a few grey areas to be handled such as the ones I've questioned.

if both refs disagree, then they go to video, simple. - That's going to be one of the problem as discussed in earlier thread but no-one said anything to my point. Football (soccer) cannot be called to a halt on every 3-5 minutes. It will diminish the players concentration and momentum etc as it is a fast-paced sport. The only things that should rely on videos are goals/penalties and diving to be judged after the game (punishment).

A video ref is an additional opinion(s) as it is not technology that judges whether it is a goal / try. There are probably 1-3 judges, who sits behind the screen panels and discuss between him/themselves by looking at the slow-mo replay carefully.

1-3 judges = person/people = opinion.

They can get it wrong. I've seen/heard Ray Warren disagreeing with some calls the video refs makes, so it is not a perfect but perhaps will improve this football game.

Cheers~

This ones a tuffy, I don't like either team at the mo.
Man I hope they both lose but I'd like Italy to win 2-0 just for the sake that they would be able to say that Australia was their hardest competion.

I hate France as a soccer team but I respect zizou and patrick. It would be good to see him go out ontop but I'd hate for Henry to be involved in that.
He's a diver and a face clutcher and I beleive he's in Englands class of overrated-
England- have a good league so everyone thinks that their team is great
reality- all the good players in the league are from other countries.

Henry- overrated (or maybe sometimes 10% hot/90% ice cold)striker that can only score when it's fed to him on a plate.
I.E against crap 2nd div english side- barely scores at world level.and he's suppose to be their #1 stiker!!!!!!!

In regards to the refereeing, there will be changes thats for sure, FIFA are always toying with ideas, i.e a couple of years ago it was golden goal.
So they will either introduce 2 refs or a video ref.

Agreeing with Jez,I'd like to see the video ref, only around the 18yrd box other wise it would interupt the game too much, I agree with Hen. with the double linesmen, it would be a nightmare, and would probable to more trouble than good.

All in all this WC cup started great and finished poorly(looks like france and Italy both did the opposite). And unfortuately I can't see South Africa 10 being better then Germany 06.But it has definately been good for discution.

Sorry for the long speal but this will be my last hit at this for 2 and a half weeks as I'm off to INDO.

Dream34 said:
This ones a tuffy, I don't like either team at the mo.
Man I hope they both lose but I'd like Italy to win 2-0 just for the sake that they would be able to say that Australia was their hardest competion.

I hate France as a soccer team but I respect zizou and patrick. It would be good to see him go out ontop but I'd hate for Henry to be involved in that.
He's a diver and a face clutcher and I beleive he's in Englands class of overrated-
England- have a good league so everyone thinks that their team is great
reality- all the good players in the league are from other countries.

Henry- overrated (or maybe sometimes 10% hot/90% ice cold)striker that can only score when it's fed to him on a plate.
I.E against crap 2nd div english side- barely scores at world level.and he's suppose to be their #1 stiker!!!!!!!

In regards to the refereeing, there will be changes thats for sure, FIFA are always toying with ideas, i.e a couple of years ago it was golden goal.
So they will either introduce 2 refs or a video ref.

Agreeing with Jez,I'd like to see the video ref, only around the 18yrd box other wise it would interupt the game too much, I agree with Hen. with the double linesmen, it would be a nightmare, and would probable to more trouble than good.

All in all this WC cup started great and finished poorly(looks like france and Italy both did the opposite). And unfortuately I can't see South Africa 10 being better then Germany 06.But it has definately been good for discution.

Sorry for the long speal but this will be my last hit at this for 2 and a half weeks as I'm off to INDO.

Off to INDO = Indonesia???

I have to partly disagree with you about Henry can only score, if the passes etc is right. But I won't argue with you there as I've found it is also quite hard to compare & discuss about players, let alone comparing sports.

Ronaldinho also had a very poor World Cup too, so yeah.

Have a good trip mate!! See you when you get back.

Cheers~

Dream34 said:

lucky bastard, work or pleasure? my mates went to Indo for a surf trip last year but i didnt have the $ to join them, so i have to sit through all their tales from Indo kicking myself i didnt go :( bring me back a souvenir! :D

and i agree Hendra, thats what i was saying about video refs, it should be only used for penalties and maybe card decisions, otherwise it would slow the game too much. however, you gotta admit that the game pretty much comes to a halt anyway when a card or penalty is given, as players surround the ref and remonstrate with him about the decision...that can go on for minutes. with a video ref, an indisputable decision can be made within a minute or so, and the game continues.

Back
Top Bottom