It is FINALLY here..... PC Battle 4 - Round 2 is rolling!

drob50

Magic Johnson and David Robinson ON CARD autos
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
None
That's right.... we're back.

It has been 2 and half years since round 3 was taken out in convincing fashion by @brentus777 with his disgustingly good Ty Lawson PC, so it is time to start the ball rolling with the 4th PC Battle.

This thread is where you can ask all the questions you want and nominate to participate.

For those who haven't seen them before, feel free to look through some of the previous PC Battle threads, but in brief, the idea is a follows:

Nominate yourself and who your chosen PC player will be. I will randomly create pool groups as fairly as possible. Each competitor sends me a pm with 2 cards they want to put forward for the first round (must be linked images). I will create a thread for each group with the ability to vote for your favourite cards.

We will have 16 participants, making up 4 groups of 4 competitors in the first round, with the top 2 vote getters from each group continuing to the semis in 2 groups of 4.

The final will consist of the top 2 vote getters from each of the semi finals with the winner from the final receiving a prize and the title of the 4th PC Battle champion, and their mugs up on the PC Battle Mount Rushmore along with @slobbythegreat , Maso, and @brentus777

I will leave it open for a week or 2 for nominations and questions, as well as to give plenty of time to prepare good scans of the cards you choose to enter.

Keep in mind, people will naturally want to see different cards each round, so make sure you have a few ready to go.

Now go forth and prepare for battle!

Contestants:

1 - nichj99 - Kenneth Faried
2 - Slobbythegreat - Scottie Pippen
3 - Mico - Michael Jordan
4 - kiwi_in_melb - Dwight Howard
5 - wjrwebber - Emeka Okafor
6 - hairyangryfella - Steven Adams
7 - araiee - Lebron James
8 - Can't Fly - Dorell Wright
9 - Holdendazz - Rodrigue Beaubois
10 - Roydngr - Kyrie Irving
11 - SharpysSports - Paul George
12 - SimonJ - Dirk Nowitzki
13 - KB. - Al-Farouq Aminu
14 - 0401Specialk - Jimmer Fredette
15 - Kobe81f00 - Kobe Bryant
16 - xavierty - Kevin Love

Last edited:
Slobby was in whether he nominated or not! haha
It's been long enough that the previous winners do get a pass anymore!

I'm in for shits and giggles with my Jordan PC. If you get a overwhelming response (i'm sure there are shytloads more better PC's out there than mine) i'm happy to make way for a more competitive PC .

good to see this back however disappointed to see that the time Dwight beat Tony Parker in the final of the shootout that time seems to have been scrubbed from the record books and mt Rushmore :cautious:

I have a couple of Steven Adams that I'd enter with, though I'd get crushed. Is it limited to just cards?

Get on it Hairy! Unfortunately you can't enter non-card items, but have a crack with what you have got. It is going to be hard to round up 16 by the look of it.

I'd enter again, but a lot of members nowdays don't know what cards were like before Panini and they go who the F is Emeka Okafor! :whistle:
It goes both ways mate. Personally I have only been back in the game since the time Panini came in, so I know mostly Panini stuff, but am getting seriously sick of the same ol' stuff. It is refreshing to see older designs!

good to see this back however disappointed to see that the time Dwight beat Tony Parker in the final of the shootout that time seems to have been scrubbed from the record books and mt Rushmore :cautious:
My Bad Bru... that's what happens when you just search titles for "Battle"... lol

I will happily go back to the mountain and begin chiselling your Kiwi mug into the rock!

Now get some new cards ready for the Battle! :thumbsup:

I'm in for s***s and giggles with my Jordan PC. If you get a overwhelming response (i'm sure there are shytloads more better PC's out there than mine) i'm happy to make way for a more competitive PC .

Awesome! I honestly don't think I have seen any/much of your PC before, so I look forward to it! :kick:

My Bad Bru... that's what happens when you just search titles for "Battle"... lol

I will happily go back to the mountain and begin chiselling your Kiwi mug into the rock!

Now get some new cards ready for the Battle! :thumbsup:

it's ok I know how much Australia hates NZ winning anything, so easily forgettable....

Better dust of the old camera and get some new pics

My Aminu PC feels much improved since the last battle, so I'll have another crack. I'm not going to name names, but I feel I know who the final participants will be.

it's ok I know how much Australia hates NZ winning anything, so easily forgettable....

Better dust of the old camera and get some new pics

Let's face it... aside from Rugby, there isn't really a good sample to go on. It's not like it has happened that much! :p
Ok so if we get 16 people, how many cards will we need for the comp (ie total if you made the grand final)? I gotta take some better pics...

Would be 4 rounds including the final. I was planning to allow 3 cards in the final, so 9 in total.
My Aminu PC feels much improved since the last battle, so I'll have another crack. I'm not going to name names, but I feel I know who the final participants will be.

Looking forward to seeing them man! I think he was the Dallas MVP in the Houston series!

Back
Top Bottom