How to post boxes?

tangent

Nonsport - Comics/SciFi
Real Name
Jen
eBay User
tangentuk
Okay, I know there's rules about sending cards properly: using padded bags. I want some input about how to send out sealed boxes.

Since they are soft and crushable, I usually send out in a Australia Post cardboard box. This is a parcel. Based on the fact that it takes up to a week (from Marvel Heroes and Villains group buy), I sent Dexter in cardboard boxes but with an 'Express' sticker which is overnight for capital cities. I will see how long it takes for rural/remote areas.

Alternative method is Express bags. These are a plastic soft bag (too small to put any of the Australia Post boxes inside). The advantage is they have the same speed as the express sticker but can be pre-bought and are cheaper. However, there's no protection.

I charge everyone the same for shipping to make it easier, which is important when you are sending 10 packages to different parts of Australia. That is, I don't want to have to go back and forth with people to quote shipping. I have been undercharging, even when I sent normal airmail, but it is way too low for express.

This would be about right:
Express in box: $15 for first box and $7 for each additional box
Express post satchel: $10 for first box, $3 for additional boxes
Airmail in box: $10 for first box, $5 for each additional box

So choices are fast, boxed, or expensive (fast and boxed). What seems best?

I've received and sent with both Regular and Express satchels before and so far have had no problems...other then 500g weight being exceeded once but thats not an issue really. As long as you bubble wrap the boxes initially and then fill the rest of the satchel with either newspaper or foam cereal then it's a good option. The 3kg satchels can usually fit (depending on the box size of course) 2 to even 4 boxes.

consensus of 1 :whistle: I might have a go with satchels and see what happens. It's pretty hard to damage cards inside a sealed box anyway. Thanks for the input.

That's how I've always sent boxes (in satchels with bubble wrap and beans) and as far as I know there haven't been any issues.

You could always give the buyer an option. Pay x amount for express satchel plus bubble wrap and beans or pay more for Aus post box plus express.

That's how I've always sent boxes (in satchels with bubble wrap and beans) and as far as I know there haven't been any issues.

You could always give the buyer an option. Pay x amount for express satchel plus bubble wrap and beans or pay more for Aus post box plus express.

Yep what he said ^^^ Though I have never used beans and haven't had an issue, just bubble wrap them with 2 layers and use the satchels and it will be fine! I have done about 5 case shares on here, originally used the red satchels and registered, when the first couple went off without a hitch I used the express satchels and never had any complaints... (Though are you saying that beans are a requirement now, Graham?)

The only problem with offering the option is it makes it a little harder on the organiser, and with the satchels you can buy in bulk and pass on the postage savings and makes it easier for everyone IMHO :)

:thumbsup:HAHA:thumbsup: You should add a double thumbsup icon to the list

mmm I love double bubble at work (OT)

Back
Top Bottom