Hello from Tassie!

nvk1980

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Nicholas
eBay User
nvk1980
Hi everyone!

My name is Nick and -after living for 23 years in Europe- I have returned to my birthplace (and home as far as my heart is considered) - Hobart in lovely Tasmania.

As a kid I used to collect NBA cards and I recently got back into the hobby (something my wife does NOT appreciate at all...). So, for the past year or so I have started collecting NBA cards again, buying boxes, collecting a few singles here and there (mainly from ebay) and recently I stumbled upon this wonderful community all you guys and gals have created.

To be fair, I consider myself a rookie when it comes to the hobby and I still find myself perplexed with some terms and lingo, but... I'm getting there! When I have a bit of free time, I spend it trying to organise my collection - which contains probably over 10000 cards, ranging from the late 80s/early 90s to the present day. Although I started to collect out of the love of the game (NBA), I also see my collection as a minor investment, something I might be able to sell one day, or even hand over to my kids down the road.

I have never sold or traded a card, but it is something I am looking forward to trying, through the community here. My main concern would be this: How much is a card worth?
I am a subscriber to Beckett, I understand what BV is, but I have noticed that a lot of cards sell (through ebay for example) for a lot less than their current BV. And what if there is no estimated value? I have a card that is /10 and no pricing is available on Beckett. How much would a starting price be?

Before I know it, I will probably have a 10 page rant full of questions/concerns/etc on a thread that has the sole purpose of introducing myself :) So, I'll probably just stop here for now and search other threads!

Anyway, hi to everyone (again)! :p

welcome mate! you'll love it here, some great conversations with fellow collectors about both the sport and the hobby. any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for the welcome mate! Nice to see someone supporting one of the most underestimated PFs, Faried :)

(I've got a very nice Kelly Olynyk if you're interested :p Auto, Patch, RC /499)

Thanks for the welcome mate! Nice to see someone supporting one of the most underestimated PFs, Faried :)

(I've got a very nice Kelly Olynyk if you're interested :p Auto, Patch, RC /499)

haha, I'm probably the biggest faried collector there is! A huge card collection and then I own this ball shown in the below photo...

kenneth-faried-smile.jpg

Agree that he is highly under rated and going by the way he played after the all star break i think next season could be huge for him!

The olynyk, I can trade for but no $$$ for buying - just busted some of the new select so thats where my funds have gone haha

I am very jealous of that ball... must have cost you a fair bit :p

Once I get through my collection, I'll let you know of any KF cards I have, there might be something in there that you don't have (although I highly doubt it :D).

Now, since I am a newbie here, how do trades work? I would be happy to trade it if you like!

Haha always open to hunting for more Faried's I need ;)

Shoot me a Private Message and let me know what you are interested in in terms of a trade, well then exchange scans / photos and if we can come to an agreement I'll submit a deal thread and we'll post away! It's very straight forward!

Welcome to the site!
eBay completed auctions give the best idea of "value" of cards, combined with (if buying) what you are willing to pay for something. Beckett can be handy but has become a bit dated/is not updated anywhere near frequently enough to deal with often volatile prices (mainly when dealing with rookies and current players IMO).

Plenty of great people here so give a shout if you have any questions!

Welcome mate!
Some people like trading based on ebay values and some (not many these days) on beckett values.
Majority of time when people are buying, they wont pay much more, if any, above ebay prices unless it is a very nice PC card.
Enjoy the site!

welcome to ozcards! lots of cards get pulled here in box breaks and traded and don't make it to ebay - a good opportunity to add to your collection and at the same time make some new mates!

Back
Top Bottom