Heath Shaw... dear oh dear

Well I'd just like to say that after Didak not being canned I will be handing in my Collingwood membership and no longer supporting this club.

Weak Collingwood weak!

Collingwood to reveal fate of Didak, Shaw over drunken car-crash lies

Collingwood has suspended Alan Didak and Heath Shaw for the remainder of the 2008 season, including finals, for lying about a drink-drive accident.

Didak has also been fined $5000 while Shaw's $10,000 fine remains in place.

The suspension includes the remaining four games of the home and away season and potential finals matches.

Shaw's brother Rhyce has also been suspended for two matches and fined for $5,000 for excessive drinking on Sunday night.

Collingwood considered sacking him when he was linked the that underworld bloke. When you add this to that, plus his other indescretions and the fact he straight up lied about the whole thing, I don't see why Collingwood would want to keep him.

The trouble is, when you read the headline "Joe Bloggs caught drink driving" you think, oh some random dickhead. When you read "Alan Didak stuffs up again" you think of Collingwood.

I'm not saying he should be sacked on the first offence, but this is clearly not the first offence.

But Didak has still not done anything illegal. He got unlucky, because he is quite an idiot, when he got involved with the underworld character...he should have known better, but still, he did nothing illegal.

Here in the latest incident he again proved his stupidity in not stopping Heath from driving drunk then being part of an attempted cover-up of the facts which was never going to be successful, given the large number of witnesses to the event.

His only crime is one of stupidity, there is no reason for him to be sacked.

But Didak has still not done anything illegal. He got unlucky, because he is quite an idiot, when he got involved with the underworld character...he should have known better, but still, he did nothing illegal.

Here in the latest incident he again proved his stupidity in not stopping Heath from driving drunk then being part of an attempted cover-up of the facts which was never going to be successful, given the large number of witnesses to the event.

If you cannot trust an employee, you can't have him working for you. Didak is an employee of the Collingwood Football Club and by lying to their faces and continually acting up, they cannot trust him.

He was in a car with the underworld bloke when gun shots were fired from that car. He not only didn't tell police, he didn't tell Collingwood straight away either and then he also failed to co-operate properly

I would dare say if he lied to Collingwood, he also would have lied to the Police.

If I lied to my employer more than once and did not co-operate with their investigations, I would fully expect to be sacked.

Ahhh......it's just good to see some other team (Apart from West Coast) under the pump (lol)......Sound like a GREAT environment for Benny to sign up to - NOT!

He lied to police about not being in the car.... Is that not illegal!?!?!?

was'nt in didak's contract give give up the grog after his last stupid act?was'nt he drinking with them at the polo club?

how many chances does he need!

also they were suspended for the rest of the year,and there contract review at the end of the year?whats the difference between then and now its just letting them go and drink all they like know because they dont need to play anymore!

and yes i know they will have to go to games and still train probably!

2c
cheers

He lied to police about not being in the car.... Is that not illegal!?!?!?

Are you 100% sure of who he himself actually lied to? I'm not, and have no idea why they lied for that matter as apart from fear over the club repercussions of the situation there was no reason for Didak not to be in the car. In any event, I doubt he is going to face charges over it, so it really isn't illegal. These boys are very stupid, that is still their biggest crime.

Didak's previous "offense" of being involved in the "joyride" with Hudson was also clearly one of stupidity but he did nothing illegal there either. He could have done things differently after the fact, but doing so could have seen him and his family come to harm and more than likely would have had no effect on the tragedies that Hudson later caused.

was'nt in didak's contract give give up the grog after his last stupid act?was'nt he drinking with them at the polo club?

I suppose it was, but I think that when he signed his new contract without clauses that must have started immediately...surely even Did's isn't THAT stupid....hmmm, actually, maybe he is. If he has breached contract then I will also call for his head, but if not then I still contest that he is just an idiot and a football player, therefore just a normal football player.

I still see nothing responded to my post as to why he should be sacked...Again, if you can;t trust an employee to do the right thing and to tell you the truth, what else would you do?

I still see nothing responded to my post as to why he should be sacked...Again, if you can;t trust an employee to do the right thing and to tell you the truth, what else would you do?

So, you are saying that every employee who has ever lied to their employer in any capacity with respect to their life outside of their job should be instantly sacked? You must also want Heath to be sacked as well. Lets bring that rule in...Australia's unemployment rate would hit 95% overnight.

I don't think lying to your employer is a good thing, and I still can't work out why in God's name these boys decided to lie in this instance, the only logical reason is that they are complete idiots.

List all of the things that Didak has done wrong in his time at Collingwood, look at them objectively and then decide if he should be sacked. Then transpose a set of the same wrong doings to the best player at your own club and decide if they should be sacked.

So, you are saying that every employee who has ever lied to their employer in any capacity with respect to their life outside of their job should be instantly sacked? You must also want Heath to be sacked as well. Lets bring that rule in...Australia's unemployment rate would hit 95% overnight.

I don't think lying to your employer is a good thing, and I still can't work out why in God's name these boys decided to lie in this instance, the only logical reason is that they are complete idiots.

List all of the things that Didak has done wrong in his time at Collingwood, look at them objectively and then decide if he should be sacked. Then transpose a set of the same wrong doings to the best player at your own club and decide if they should be sacked.

Definately not saying everyone, but then this is not an everyday workplace. This workplace is known and followed not only by the thousands of people that are paying members, but by the entire country. If someone jeopodises the company name over and over again, and then when they know they are in breach of contract, openly and blatently lie to try and hide it, then it's time to change it from being stupidity to inability to follow rules and maybe more importantly, having no respect those you are working for. Shaw should get a warning, which he did, as it was a first offence and I am willing to bet he only lied because Didak gave him an incentive. This is why they lied. Not because they are idiots (which they obviously are) but because they knew of the other concequences and what Didak would have been told behind closed doors last time he acted up. That's a calculated plot behind your employers back.

Here's the other point though that Collingwood have to look at. They only got caught this time because Shaw had an accident. For all they know Didak is out on the piss every weekend and simply has not told them and will not tell them and simply has not been caught because no accident occured. And how do they know he's not lying again when he says he hasn't? He's just lied to their faces now.

He should be sacked because he is bringing Collingwood's name, culture and reputation into disrepute and they simply cannot be assured it won't happen again.

Definately not saying everyone, but then this is not an everyday workplace. This workplace is known and followed not only by the thousands of people that are paying members, but by the entire country. If someone jeopodises the company name over and over again, and then when they know they are in breach of contract, openly and blatently lie to try and hide it, then it's time to change it from being stupidity to inability to follow rules and maybe more importantly, having no respect those you are working for. Shaw should get a warning, which he did, as it was a first offence and I am willing to bet he only lied because Didak gave him an incentive. This is why they lied. Not because they are idiots (which they obviously are) but because they knew of the other concequences and what Didak would have been told behind closed doors last time he acted up. That's a calculated plot behind your employers back.

Here's the other point though that Collingwood have to look at. They only got caught this time because Shaw had an accident. For all they know Didak is out on the piss every weekend and simply has not told them and will not tell them and simply has not been caught because no accident occured. And how do they know he's not lying again when he says he hasn't? He's just lied to their faces now.

He should be sacked because he is bringing Collingwood's name, culture and reputation into disrepute and they simply cannot be assured it won't happen again.

Ah, so he is in breach of contract, if so, then THAT is a reason to sack. But if that was actually the case, we would know about it. Since he signed his new contract without the clauses that would become his current set of rules to play by...so no breach of contract. And assuming the circumstances of why the lies have occurred is pointless, as is wondering if other, unknown acts have taken or will take place in the future, seems to me that you are making biased judgments.

In the end, what we think on this matter is irrelevant, we will see what happens at years end, if he is "sacked" (ie. traded) from the club. It is Collingwood's decision to make over the harm they judge that his actions have caused the club.

Ah, so he is in breach of contract, if so, then THAT is a reason to sack. But if that was actually the case, we would know about it. Since he signed his new contract without the clauses that would become his current set of rules to play by...so no breach of contract. And assuming the circumstances of why the lies have occurred is pointless, as is wondering if other, unknown acts have taken or will take place in the future, seems to me that you are making biased judgments.

In the end, what we think on this matter is irrelevant, we will see what happens at years end, if he is "sacked" (ie. traded) from the club. It is Collingwood's decision to make over the harm they judge that his actions have caused the club.

His new contract starts next year. If they want to sack him, they have the power to do it this year while his old contract is still in place. So if his "sacked" he is sacked...if he is "traded" he is traded. If they try and trade him they'll have to come to an agreement with Didak as to where he wants to go, what the other club will pay him etc, all for probably very little in return. Sacking him will be the greatest punishment as it tears up any chance of him commanding the same kind of dollars from another club, and Collingwood can rid themself of the burden of dealing with someone who is very clearly a certified moron.

Footy players face different scrutiny from employers than the common man. Simple. No use arguing with a northern suburb Pies supporter LOL

Didak has brought his club into disrepute on many occasions and unlike us when a footballer goes home he still has responsiblities to his club and teamate and getting smashed like they did is poor form and shows contempt for his club and teamates.

The same rules can't apply as we dont bring in millions in sponsors and paid up members based on our work performance and public image.

Sack em I say and then the Pies can whinge all they want when they miss out on finals like they would of anyway LOL

Here is your out Doc LOL

His new contract starts next year. If they want to sack him, they have the power to do it this year while his old contract is still in place. So if his "sacked" he is sacked...if he is "traded" he is traded. If they try and trade him they'll have to come to an agreement with Didak as to where he wants to go, what the other club will pay him etc, all for probably very little in return. Sacking him will be the greatest punishment as it tears up any chance of him commanding the same kind of dollars from another club, and Collingwood can rid themself of the burden of dealing with someone who is very clearly a certified moron.

So, you are 100% certain that he has breached contract? That signing the new contract has not brought the new clauses (or lack thereof) into effect immediately? I'm not convinced that as stupid as he is, that Didak would be so foolish as to directly breach contract. I think you'll find that once a new contract is signed, the conditions of the old contract are not relevant anymore.

Footy players face different scrutiny from employers than the common man. Simple. No use arguing with a northern suburb Pies supporter LOL

Didak has brought his club into disrepute on many occasions and unlike us when a footballer goes home he still has responsiblities to his club and teamate and getting smashed like they did is poor form and shows contempt for his club and teamates.

The same rules can't apply as we dont bring in millions in sponsors and paid up members based on our work performance and public image.

Sack em I say and then the Pies can whinge all they want when they miss out on finals like they would of anyway LOL

Here is your out Doc LOL

I don't need an out Chad, I'm just trying to gauge what people actually think based on what was done by "the people"...not by "Collingwood players" (ie. to look at the situation from an unbiased perspective).

Nah your out comes when you finish 9th. "We would of made the finals if we had Shaw, Shaw and Didak in all those games" ;-)

And if teamates of mine got that tanked 6 days before I race I'd rip their heads off like prawns. I had a kid sleep in the other day and miss one of my training sessions and he aint racing this weekend LOL

What biased judgement? The only biased judgement I am seeing here is that of a Collingwood supporter and Didak fan who can't see the harm that the actions of Didak has done to the club.

Ok maybe I stepped a little too far saying it was in his contract, cause it likely isn't, but you're telling me that Collingwood didn't give Didak a final warning/ultimatum last time when all that stuff went down? Yes they did, it was even stated in the press. The exact details would be behind closed doors, but do open your eyes. That's why they lied. Not because they're stupid, but because he knew that if it got back to the club he'd be on shakey ground. As it turns out, it came out and he's on even worse standing, but Didak knew that if he got caught doing something of this nature again then he was going to be under heavy review/out the door and so he and Shaw lied to try and save his arse. That is why it is wrong and what they did wrong. Does an employer need any more? No.

What biased judgements did I make? I'm just reading between some very wide open lines because there are holes everywhere in this whole debarcle that have to be filled and 'stupidity' doesn't begin to fill any of them.

I think the strongest words in this thread were spoken in Cal's last post. I wouldn't be handing in my Melbourne membership if this centered around a Melbourne player, but I'd certainly be ropable at a management that didn't act to remove the cancer.

Back
Top Bottom