Heath Shaw... dear oh dear

loafic

Walt Frazier Collector
Real Name
Branko
eBay User
loafic
silly boy... i heard Eddie on the radio today absolutely going off at Shaw and the overall fact that these players just arent 'getting it'

drink driving as badly as he did in this day and age... just stupid #-o

or that he is playing this weekend and they come up with this story about him having to front the fans etc. Wonder if the ladder has anything to do with that decision ;-)

I can see the apology now...

First of all I would like to apologise for (insert indescretion here). I want to apologise to all the loyal fans, sponsors and to my family for (insert indescretion here) and letting them down.

I would like to apologise to (Insert Coach's name here) and to the boys who have stuck by me.

I promise never to (insert indescretion here) and just want to get out there and play good (Insert sport here)

I hope the media will respect my privacy in getting over this difficult time and I just want to get out there and (insert players specialty) and win some games for the (Insert club name here).

Thast how it goes isnt it?

Cheers
Matt

Turns out Didak was in car with him (may already have been mentioned here) and that he and Shaw didn't tell the truth... Collingwood has already announced they are reassessing punishments. It was announced as breaking statement on The Couch. This will be interesting.

Turns out Didak was in car with him (may already have been mentioned here) and that he and Shaw didn't tell the truth... Collingwood has already announced they are reassessing punishments. It was announced as breaking statement on The Couch. This will be interesting.

Shaw had denied that Didak was with him vehimently earlier today and stated that Didak only appeared at the scene after Shaw called him.

It'll be interesting to watch the fallout....Didak should be gone....but he's been one of the Pies best so it'd be a huge call. Maybe he needs a Steven Johnson-like suspension??:eek:

Just about Guarantee that at the press conference tomorrow morning Collingwood will Sack Alan Didak, on top of this Heath will be on his last chance (both lied to Collingwood Heirachy) , I as a Pies supporter for one am absolutely sick of the attitude of just about all our players. Time to get rid of the deadwood bringing the younger players down. Our attitude stinks look at the body language of players like Davis, Pendlebury, Shaw during our weekend loss, they are a disgrace.

P.S The day Ryan Lonie gets a game is a sad day indeed for the pies.

have to agree with ya cal,what i saw on the news.mick malthouse and Steady eddie saying by sending them to the vfl for a few weeks is not punishment:rolleyes: but playing against st klida will be because he has to perform...pffft

dead wood as cal says....that includes you eddy!

2c

cheers

From Season 2008 - Official Website of the Australian Football League
Didak a passenger: Pies
By Ben Hocking
9:08 PM Mon 04 August, 2008

Alan Didak was a passenger in Heath Shaw's car

COLLINGWOOD has announced that since Monday’s press conference, the club has established that Alan Didak was in fact a passenger in Heath Shaw’s car on Sunday night and would now review sanctions imposed on the Magpie defender.

Shaw ran into a parked car in Hawthorn East around 11.30 on Sunday night, and subsequently returned a positive blood alcohol test of 0.14.

He denied reports teammate Alan Didak was in the car, but conceded Didak, along with brother Rhyce, had been drinking beer with him at the Geebung Polo Club before the incident.

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire and captain Scott Burns both backed Shaw's version of events publicly.

A statement from the Collingwood Football Club said “The sanction imposed on Heath by the club on Monday was a result of information stated by both Heath and Alan after being repeatedly questioned about the incident.”

The club said now that the information given to it was false it would immediately review Monday’s sanction of a $10,000 fine for Shaw, with more details to be given at a press conference on Tuesday.

The club said the false information struck “at the principles of honesty and integrity” that the club is built on.

Shaw told a packed media conference he had simply called Didak, with whom he had been drinking, immediately after the crash, imploring him to help, and that Didak walked from the hotel to the scene.

"I rang him and then I saw him walking down and then, because there was a bit of a crowd around me, I just told him to go because I didn't really need him there at that point," Shaw said.

McGuire and skipper Burns both made staements to support Shaws version of events.

"Didak will be accused of the Kennedy shooting next," McGuire said when quizzed whether Didak had any involvement.

And when asked why he believed Shaw's story that Didak wasn't in the car, Burns said: "Because Heath said so.

"Heath has said that Alan was not in the car with him."

didak was the passanger he lied so did shaw

what a shame collingwood are in some trouble not only are there players drinking and driving

they cant play football at the moment:lol::lol::lol:

i dont get why people think footballers and football clubs have to be moral saints and the glowing example for the world? as a Pies fan i am happy to see them play this weekend. Mick came out ages ago and said the best players will get more leniancy than the fringe players.
FACT - players and football clubs exist solely to win football matches, if people want their kids educated they should bloody well do it themselves.

i dont get why people think footballers and football clubs have to be moral saints and the glowing example for the world? as a Pies fan i am happy to see them play this weekend. Mick came out ages ago and said the best players will get more leniancy than the fringe players.
FACT - players and football clubs exist solely to win football matches, if people want their kids educated they should bloody well do it themselves.

They're getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to perform each week, which includes being at physical peakness. It's a bit hard to perform when u lose ya leg in a drink driving incident. There is a reason clubs have these rules in place and that is because these players are assets and need to be protected from their own stupidity at times. Didak and Shaw both deserve to be sacked because neither obviously has any concern about their own safety or the safety of their teammates to do something this idiotic, and in the end that does effect the football club because it results in them having two less players on their list and 38 other players trying to come to terms with the fact they have two dead teammates. Anyone who think that doesn't affect the football club or their sole purpose of "winning football matches" is living in fairy land.

now that they have both lied to the club about didak's involvement/presence, they are in a lot more strife than before...

shaw will get suspended imo with the max fine and be on notice from here on out because i think they have already pulled him up before on drinking during then season... this is now gone to a new level with the car smash while under the influence

didak may have just have stamped his ticket out of collingwood after this... quality player and all but i mean how many chances must the club give him? trouble just seems to 'find' him and all this after the club had graciously lifted its behaviour restrictions in his new contract... his main problem now though is that this incident still comes under the old contract with the behavioural restrictions in it... if u dont punish him now, he will think he can get away with it all the time

collingwood need to grow some balls and make a stand once and for all

whether they like it or not, yes these guys are role models and should understand their position in society... if they dont want the responsibility or cant handle the pressure of always being under the microscope, then dont play AFL footy... they get payed a helluva lotta $$$ to do what they do, so to all of them, grow up and start acting like you deserve it

collingwood do have a problem... too many instances where this sort of stuff has happened... shaw, didak, wellingham, leon davis, ben johnson, tarrant (when he was there) the list goes on

eddie & mick have every right to be LIVID but they also now must do something to show everyone who is boss

Which is a joke. All players on the roster should be treated the same because you are 1 entity, 1 team. No 1 player is better than the group. Perhaps this mentality is why your team has won 1 flag in 50 years despite being the team with by far the best resources, financial situation and a huge supporter base.

FACT - teams don't want their players injured or even killed (Darren Milane anyone?) because of stupid off field behaviour which is why they have these rules in place. Think of it on this level. You pay for a card and it arrives damaged, you want a refund no? Well your team is paying a player play footy and be at his best week in week out and if he gets injured in a car accident they are paying for him to re-couperate and sit on his arse = not good business.

Which is a joke. All players on the roster should be treated the same because you are 1 entity, 1 team. No 1 player is better than the group. Perhaps this mentality is why your team has won 1 flag in 50 years despite being the team with by far the best resources, financial situation and a huge supporter base.

FACT - teams don't want their players injured or even killed (Darren Milane anyone?) because of stupid off field behaviour which is why they have these rules in place. Think of it on this level. You pay for a card and it arrives damaged, you want a refund no? Well your team is paying a player play footy and be at his best week in week out and if he gets injured in a car accident they are paying for him to re-couperate and sit on his arse = not good business.

spot on ben i agree wholeheartedly

i dont get why people think footballers and football clubs have to be moral saints and the glowing example for the world?
Because they are role models for thousands of kids around the country. The majority get paid nicely for playing the game they love. If they don't like it and they wish to act like morons, they can feel free to go and get a "regular" job.

Mick came out ages ago and said the best players will get more leniancy than the fringe players.
Yep, because Mick, Eddie and the rest of Collingwood fears losing. If Didak isn't sacked because of this, the AFL should put pressure on Collingwood, just as they did with West Coast with Cousins.

The bottom line is ANY person who drives after drinking is a complete moron who has no regard for his safety or anyone elses.

Yep, because Mick, Eddie and the rest of Collingwood fears losing. If Didak isn't sacked because of this, the AFL should put pressure on Collingwood, just as they did with West Coast with Cousins.

The bottom line is ANY person who drives after drinking is a complete moron who has no regard for his safety or anyone elses.

Then why sack Didak? And should all sportspeople...actually, make that anyone who is employed who ever drinks then drives be immediately sacked?

Then why sack Didak? And should all sportspeople...actually, make that anyone who is employed who ever drinks then drives be immediately sacked?

He should be sacked because he is a repeat offender of this stupid stuff. Not only that, he knew he was on his last chance (or supposedly, we'll see what The Wobbles do) and so he lied directly to his captain, team, president, coach and boss.

If you can't trust a guy who has a track record and they have already said he was on his last warning last time, why not sack him? If they don't they're only showing that they're soft and hold some players on the "team" in higher regard than others.

Then why sack Didak?
Collingwood considered sacking him when he was linked the that underworld bloke. When you add this to that, plus his other indescretions and the fact he straight up lied about the whole thing, I don't see why Collingwood would want to keep him.

And should all sportspeople...actually, make that anyone who is employed who ever drinks then drives be immediately sacked?
The trouble is, when you read the headline "Joe Bloggs caught drink driving" you think, oh some random dickhead. When you read "Alan Didak stuffs up again" you think of Collingwood.

I'm not saying he should be sacked on the first offence, but this is clearly not the first offence.

The club will be under significant pressure from sponsors, and to a lesser extent from fans and media to act...in most cases it's the money that will talk. There needs to be a scapegoat and Didak as a serial offender will be it I reckon.

Having said that I think that there needs to be a massive attitude re-adjustment at Collingwood...and this event may be the line in the sand that they need to move forward.

Back
Top Bottom