Grant Birchall

hobbibox

The Purrfectionist!
Real Name
Cal
eBay User
Hobbibox
To start this thread let me just say that I'm a HUGE Collingwood supporter, so there is no bias although I love the game of footy as much as anyone.

I've been lucky enough to see quite a few of Hawthorns games last year and both matches this year (and currently watching them against the Kangas as I write this) and I have to say that Grant Birchall is by far the best Full Back/Centre Half Back in the competition, he is NEVER beaten, he is FAIR, he is FAST, he is a great MARK and SPOIL, his LINK RUNNING is unsurpassed (well equaled with Kenelley and Montagna) and his disposal is BRILLIANT, this guy can come play at Collingwood any time, I'd have to say this guy is my favourite footballer to watch going round at the moment. If you havn't had the chance to watch him play do yourself a favour and check this guy out, I can't speak more highly of him and I've been watchin our great game for almost 30 years.

Cal

To start this thread let me just say that I'm a HUGE Collingwood supporter, so there is no bias although I love the game of footy as much as anyone.

I've been lucky enough to see quite a few of Hawthorns games last year and both matches this year (and currently watching them against the Kangas as I write this) and I have to say that Grant Birchall is by far the best Full Back/Centre Half Back in the competition, he is NEVER beaten, he is FAIR, he is FAST, he is a great MARK and SPOIL, his LINK RUNNING is unsurpassed (well equaled with Kenelley and Montagna) and his disposal is BRILLIANT, this guy can come play at Collingwood any time, I'd have to say this guy is my favourite footballer to watch going round at the moment. If you havn't had the chance to watch him play do yourself a favour and check this guy out, I can't speak more highly of him and I've been watchin our great game for almost 30 years.

Cal

Stop it. You'll ruin your Collingwood supporter status/image! :p

Haven't seen much of him, and to be honest I probably haven't recognised him or was too concentrated on the 104 point loss to notice him against Melbourne, but today watching the game I've been impressed. Gotta love versatile players that never give up.

Stop it. You'll ruin your Collingwood supporter status/image! :p

Haven't seen much of him, and to be honest I probably haven't recognised him or was too concentrated on the 104 point loss to notice him against Melbourne, but today watching the game I've been impressed. Gotta love versatile players that never give up.

He had 31 touches from the backline against Melb I believe lol :) :lol::lol::lol:

He is a good footballer and a great guy as well. He is playing extremely well.

He actually got offered an AIS scholarship for basketball after making a couple of state teams for Tassie, that's how I've had contact with him coaching him at a couple of basketball camps.

Great praise Cal but I don't think he's ever played at those positions... half back flank/wing tend to be where he goes... but you are right, in the respect he is an amazing player, entirely underrated by everyone (as is Brad sewell really) and I think quite capable of holding down a key position against the right match up. Everyone focuses on Hodge, Mitchell and Franklin. Today Sewell stepped up when it mattered and IMO was best on ground and helped us fall over the line.

ur a collingwood supporter?? havent u ever seen Heater play?? hes the best CHB in the comp, but birchall is very good

Sewell was a gun today, and i dont mind Osborne as well.

Great praise Cal but I don't think he's ever played at those positions... half back flank/wing tend to be where he goes... but you are right, in the respect he is an amazing player, entirely underrated by everyone (as is Brad sewell really) and I think quite capable of holding down a key position against the right match up. Everyone focuses on Hodge, Mitchell and Franklin. Today Sewell stepped up when it mattered and IMO was best on ground and helped us fall over the line.

I mean that he plays in the backline...in modern football there is no such thing as set position or key position players anymore, not with the ammount of rotations...:blink:

Can hardly count Sewell as underrated anymore, what with winning the B&F last year!

Can hardly count Sewell as underrated anymore, what with winning the B&F last year!

He is though, by media and most other fans - he is considered our "B" midfield... but he's an A grade midfielder if you ask me. :)

and Cal you're probably right with regards to not being too many real KPP these days due to the rotation policies. Birch does do a great job each week though :)

Despite the B&F, Sewelly still didn't get a Big V guernsey....him and mitchell are the engine room for one of the best midfields in the comp...deserved to be there

Yeah Birch is a champ....gonna be a gun, if he aint allready....heater is quality too....

My vote for best FB/CHB is Matty Scarlett....that guy is a freak...how can you possibly attack so much and take so many risks when youre playing in the oppositions most dangerous forward? how can you get away with it over and over again....not only that he can match up on anbody, despite size differences, and doesnt give away frees...

Seriously he could play anywhere on the ground...on the flank or the wing in a heartbeat...and i reckon he's the only person that can dint buddy's confidence, by tying him dow and running of him....

If Hawthorn had Scarlett, Geelong wouldnt stand a chance (no offence to croady and gilham)

ps did you know scarlett goes to bed at 8 oclock apparently...maybe we should get some hawkas having early nights...

hey yer he is goodies... matter of fact all the hawks players are great.. not really on dud or c-grade player.. im a devoted collingwood supporter and i really like the hawks team, they are a super side and im sorry to say it to all the geelong fans out there, but hawks will win premiership this year easily and for years to come.. you look at their ther line-up it is ridiculous players of quality like jordan lewis who was one the top on-ballers last year is getting played on the bench.. go the hawks, and a go the cats.. oh yeah and go the pies..

Nah scarlett is far the best full-back out there by a mile.. i agree jestero12

ur a collingwood supporter?? havent u ever seen Heater play?? hes the best CHB in the comp, but birchall is very good

Sewell was a gun today, and i dont mind Osborne as well.

the thing with shaw is that most of his possys are uncontsted hes never really taking pack marks or anything good for dream team though. :D

Back
Top Bottom