Game results in thread titles.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Due to most members not being able to watch these playoff games LIVE and relying on the nightly 8pm replay on foxtel.

NO GAME result should be displayed in ANY thread title. No 'horay the LAkers lose' or 'Pistons reign supreme' threads at all.

IF you want to discus the games live please do so in any of the playoff series game threads so members that do log on and wish to watch the replay can do so without being tipped off by any thread title and can avoid the playoff thread itself.

This has been said many times before by members and anyone not following these rules will face a weeks ban from the site.

From now till the end of the playoffs its an actual rule. Any thread created should be reported so it can be taken down.

There have been some unhappy and angry fans of late on the internet and thats what we are trying to avoid. No discussion is lost, only in the appropriate thread :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HEAR HEAR!!!!

Amen to that.

Not that I have to worry about seeing a "Mavs lose again" thread, lol, but I totally hear ya on this one!!!

When there's threads on the Series' why create another thread to say the same crap....

Just to be clear guys.

Discussing the game live or saying scores etc IN THE SERIES thread is ALLOWED.

IF people don't want to know the score and wish to the watch the replay they simply avoid that tread. Scores, hints etc in any other thread isn't on.

We don't want to take away the chatter that fans/members want on the boards simply due to the delay but also want to protect those that can't.

Due to most members not being able to watch these playoff games LIVE and relying on the nightly 8pm replay on foxtel.

NO GAME result should be displayed in ANY thread title. No 'horay the LAkers lose' or 'Pistons reign supreme' threads at all.

IF you want to discus the games live please do so in any of the playoff series game threads so members that do log on and wish to watch the replay can do so without being tipped off by any thread title and can avoid the playoff thread itself.

This has been said many times before by members and anyone not following these rules will face a weeks ban from the site.

From now till the end of the playoffs its an actual rule. Any thread created should be reported so it can be taken down.

There have been some unhappy and angry fans of late on the internet and thats what we are trying to avoid. No discussion is lost, only in the appropriate thread :thumbsup::thumbsup:

excuse me chad. just wondering if this could be a rule for afl games aswell. i hate logging on before the telecast and seeing posts about it, living in regional wa means we get delayed telecasts saturday night and friday night, leave it to at least 12 hours after the game if its ok.
thanks

As far as I'm concerned no results shoulb be in ANY thread titles BEFORE replays etc have been on for ANY sport. Sport discussion about games should be in the sport threads and nothing else. I'm sure if thats the case you can still log on here, chat about cards, trade and pm about deals and not be tipped off. All you have to do is avoid the game thread or team thread.

This IS ozCARDtrader after all.

There is a report button on every post or members can post after any spoiler post or thread and ask the member to edit there post in the consideration of other members.

Its certainly hard to know when you can post with such large time zone differences and replay times but as I've already said. Chat and scores are fine in the series/game/team threads. So if someone wants to chat live about the game they still can.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with what we are trying to do??

Suggestions? Problems??

I have yet to watch Game 4, plan to watch it tonight, but the thread title "If you're Kobe what do you do now?" makes me think I now know the result of G4... If that's the case whoever started it should have my foot up their arse... :mad:

I have yet to watch Game 4, plan to watch it tonight, but the thread title "If you're Kobe what do you do now?" makes me think I now know the result of G4... If that's the case whoever started it should have my foot up their arse... :mad:

I'm pretty sure that thread was posted a while back - 4 days ago actually

It was just before game 3, so don't take it to heart and hopefully no one will mention that Kobe score 96 in Game 4 and the lakers win by 97

:woot:

The trouble is....

The game was live on fox for those that could watch it, the replay was on prime time last night for all those that were at work and waited like myself to watch it..

Just how long do people have to wait to post about the games in general etc??

Do we have to wait 2 days after the game has passed for anyone that didn't get to see the two feeds and rely on torrents or recordings to watch it??

My concern come the playoffs when they started was that team fans had games ruined.

The kobe thread was started after both the live feed and replay of game two so I let it run.

I think people need to take some self responsibility when it comes to watching replays of games. Whenever I have a game that I am going to watch later, and I dont want to know the score, whether it is NRL, NBA or NFL, I just avoid every site that might possibly have a spoiler. You cant expect other people to stop discussing a game just because you havent watched it yet.

I appreciate that people are trying not to give away scores here, but I cant get angry at them if I do find out what the score was. Even though its a card site, we still have forums for the purpose of discussing sports. If you dont want to know the score, just avoid the site until you see the game. Surely, we all not that addicted to trading cards we cant avoid the site for a day or two? :D

Just my 2 cents on the issue.
Cheers
Rick

I think people need to take some self responsibility when it comes to watching replays of games. Whenever I have a game that I am going to watch later, and I dont want to know the score, whether it is NRL, NBA or NFL, I just avoid every site that might possibly have a spoiler. You cant expect other people to stop discussing a game just because you havent watched it yet.

I appreciate that people are trying not to give away scores here, but I cant get angry at them if I do find out what the score was. Even though its a card site, we still have forums for the purpose of discussing sports. If you dont want to know the score, just avoid the site until you see the game. Surely, we all not that addicted to trading cards we cant avoid the site for a day or two? :D

Just my 2 cents on the issue.
Cheers
Rick

Exactly! :thumbsup: Yesterday, I had a peak at halftime on espn.com and excited to see the Lakers in front by alot and thats it. I controlled myself at not looking on the net...

So I was excited to watch the game but after 3 qtrs, I got the feeling the Celtics will win. They just got their momentum going. :lol:

Exactly! :thumbsup: Yesterday, I had a peak at halftime on espn.com and excited to see the Lakers in front by alot and thats it. I controlled myself at not looking on the net...

So I was excited to watch the game but after 3 qtrs, I got the feeling the Celtics will win. They just got their momentum going. :lol:

You had a peek before or after controlling yourself from looking??? :blink:

Back
Top Bottom