Free Agency period has begun...

A couple new moves / headlines this morning:

Chargers have signed Kellen Celmens as a new backup after Charlie Whitehurst left for the Titans.

Darren Sproles traded to the Eagles for a fifth round pick I think it is.

Vince Wilfolk has asked to be released from his Contract with the Patriots.

Steve Smith released by the Panthers.

Center, Phil Costa, signed by the Colts on a 2-year deal. This is interesting because they were in strong discussions on a Contract with Mack from the Browns so I assume with this signing Mack may now be off the cards. PLEASE SIGN MACK RAIDERS!!!

Last edited:
Really not a fan of this time of year....you get used to players being in certain Uni's...takes me a season to catch up with the changes and by that time there's a whole 'nother lot to deal with! :mad:

Really not a fan of this time of year....you get used to players being in certain Uni's...takes me a season to catch up with the changes and by that time there's a whole 'nother lot to deal with! :mad:

I love it! Keeps me entertained while there is no NFL games on. I guess it helps I'm used to Al Davis making one big move every year whether it being an overpaid FA, a trade that sends the team back another year or a Draft Pick that is a reach and has everyone talking... :cautious:

To be honest though I think the NRL needs to look at something similar. It really grinds my gears that a player can sign be talking with rival teams and have a new contract signed with a season to go while being under contract with a different team. Look at how well some of these players really stand out the year their contract is expiring!

Some reports indicate Patriots have signed Brandon Browner to a 2-year deal... others say it's not yet a done deal.

Last edited:
Yeah, he is. Don't know why, but I never saw him as being a particularly big guy. :confused:

To be honest, it wasn't until beginning of last season that I realised he was taller than I originally thought - I thought he was Wes Welker / Steve Smith height.

Raiders have added two more to the defense: DE/DT Antonio Smith from the Texans and CB Tarell Brown from the 49ers. Defense is starting to take shape. Need some more OL help now and a bit more depth with the DB's (bringing back Charles Woodson would help!). On a couple Raider sites, it is rumoured that the Raiders and Seahawks could be working on a trade to send Pryor to the Seahawks too...

Where the hell are the Broncos getting all this cap room from?!? Obviously they are going all in this season thinking this will be the last year for Manning and his salary will be off the books next season. Meanwhile, the Raiders will struggle to meet he minimum salary cap floor!

Raiders added two more yesterday: Now former Packers WR James Jones on a 3-year $10/$11 mil year deal (seen conflicting reports) and now former Giants OL Kevin Booth on a 2-year $2.65 mil deal (was drafted by the Raiders).

A couple other bits from last couple days:
- Raiders are rumored to be in trade discussions with the Panthers about sending Denarius Moore and Terrell Pryor to the Panthers. Unsure what the Raiders will be looking for in return...

- Raiders and Browns both in trade talks with the Texans regarding Matt Schaub...

- Patriots have re-signed Julian Edelman to a 4-year $17 mil deal and are looking at possibly trading Danny Amendola...

- Mario Manningham returning to the Giants after having a couple injury plagued years at the 49ers...

- Rodgers-Cromartie and Walter Thurmond both signed by the Giants...

Woodson re signs with the raiders, looks like you got your man, congrats :thumbsup:

Super stoked about this! Even at his age he played nearly every defensive down last year.

Looks like Jared Allen has /will be signing with the Seahawks. Great add by the Seahawks and more than makes up for the lost of Clemons.

Super stoked about this! Even at his age he played nearly every defensive down last year.

Looks like Jared Allen has /will be signing with the Seahawks. Great add by the Seahawks and more than makes up for the lost of Clemons.
What are your thoughts on Matt Schaub, Shannan? and Richie Incognito???

Also looks like Moreno is unwanted in Denver. Spose someone had to go but I'd rather he stayed. Same goes for DR-C. :confused:

it tells me that alot of the teams must have room inside the Cap. As my team was trying to make room so they are back under the
cap which does not surprise me that they are so far over. And yes i follow Dallas Cowboys. so you can laugh now.

What are your thoughts on Matt Schaub, Shannan? and Richie Incognito???

Also looks like Moreno is unwanted in Denver. Spose someone had to go but I'd rather he stayed. Same goes for DR-C. :confused:

Schaub would be a decent QB option for a couple years until we could hopefully find the "future QB". I think Schaub is the best option of the possible vet QB's and would rather him over Vick, Freeman, or Sanchez who have all been mentioned. In saying this, I still think Matt McGloin (rumor has it a lot of personal in the Raiders still rate him very highly) has a chance to be a starter in the league though, and with a full training camp and off-season it would not surprise me if he is the starting QB come week 1. I also hope McKenzie doesn't reach to take a QB in this draft - none are overly appealing to me (probably Derek Carr would be my top pick). I would rather see McKenzie make a play for Mike Glennon (trade the second round pick) who I thought played pretty well last year as a rookie and has been a little hard done by with the Buc's.

As for Incognito, he may want to come and play for the Silver & Black and think his personality "fits" as he has said, but I don't see McKenzie having any interest in him at all (I hope not anyway!). Maybe back in the days of Al Davis building his team of rebels, but he is a loose cannon and goes completely against what McKenzie has been looking for in his FA signings and rookies - he values "high character" guys. Not to mention we have already signed Antonio Smith, and Smith and Incognito have had a lot of heated altercations previously (Smith was suspended for 3-games I think it was for ripping Inognito's helmet off and swinging it at his face!).

It would not surprise me with Moreno ends up re-signing with the Broncos on a cheap 1-year deal if he can't get any other decent offers. RB's get no love in FA - they are too easily replaceable with a mid-late rookie the last few years. At least you managed to sign Talib to replace DRC who I think is the better CB anyway as long as he can keep his head on track. And adding Ware is going to make your pass rush scary!

it tells me that alot of the teams must have room inside the Cap. As my team was trying to make room so they are back under the
cap which does not surprise me that they are so far over. And yes i follow Dallas Cowboys. so you can laugh now.

I know the Raiders had a crazy amount to begin the off-season with due to all the dead money coming of the cap and the cap being higher than first thought - close to $70 mil! And before the Penn signing, I know the Raiders still had the most cap room. Not sure where they sit after signing Penn and Woodson, but I would say with the allowance they will need for draft picks they would still have probably $15 mil or so in cap room, if not more.

Back
Top Bottom