Free Agency period has begun...

DeMarcus Ware confirmed to have signed with the Broncos!

Raiders believed to be in talks with Justin Tucker, LaMarr Woodley, Henry Melton and BJ Raji.

Josh McCown has signed with the Bucs for 2yrs 10million plus incentives and has been told he will be the starting QB.

CB Corey Graham signed with the Bills for 4yrs 16million.

Mike Neal re-signed with the Packers for 2years.

Clemons looks like he will be at the Jaguars and Decker is meeting with the Jets today and is likely to sign. Prior to the start of the free agency the Colts had been mentioned as a good fit for Decker. I would of liked seeing him as a Colt.

Browns have released Weeden and Campbell. Do you reckon they will look to the free agency or the draft for a starting QB now? Cant see either of these guys getting much to go elsewhere next season.

Broncos offered Allen the same deal as Ware but told him to wait until they had talked to Ware first. I guess they didn't want/need both so looks like Allen wont be a Bronco. He is now talking with the Seahawks but has said he will walk away from the NFL if he doesn't get the money he feels he deserves.

Thought Ekalb would like this news -

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/rodger-saffold-fails-physical-will-not-sign-raiders

Rodger Saffold fails physical, will not sign with Raiders

Offensive lineman Rodger Saffold will not be signing a contract to join the Raiders. He failed a physical with team doctors on Wednesday afternoon, a day after he agreed to terms on a five-year, $42.5 million contract with $21.5 in guarantees.

Saffold has a long injury history, and has been sidelined with ailments to his knee (multiple times), neck, shoulder and pectoral muscle.

Thought Ekalb would like this news -

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/rodger-saffold-fails-physical-will-not-sign-raiders

Rodger Saffold fails physical, will not sign with Raiders

Offensive lineman Rodger Saffold will not be signing a contract to join the Raiders. He failed a physical with team doctors on Wednesday afternoon, a day after he agreed to terms on a five-year, $42.5 million contract with $21.5 in guarantees.

Saffold has a long injury history, and has been sidelined with ailments to his knee (multiple times), neck, shoulder and pectoral muscle.

Just saw that. WOW!

What is worse than overpaying for a LT? Not having a LT and trying to block Von Miller and Ware from pass rushing... :cry:

Looks like he failed the Raiders physical but has passed the Rams and will be re-signing with the Rams... :blink:

Yup, your standards are too high ! LOL! But we'll take anyone...

Hopefully we got a good deal on him, he can play, but isn't durable and maybe (big maybe) they can build up his strength between now and the start of the season...still risky, but our Docs reckon he's okay, so go figure!!

Sounds like buyers remorse to me ;)

Very well could be. I can just imagine now Mark Davis walking into McKenzie's office, red and fuming with smoke coming out of his ears, yelling at him about the signing and telling him he better have it fixed by tomorrow or he will be gone...

In other news, Eric Decker has just signed with the Jets.

In other news, Eric Decker has just signed with the Jets.

Fair enough, they just re-signed Caldwell and with Thomas & Decker they've good pretty strong coverage. I like Decker but similar to Welker, both lacking in height, reach and sometimes handling ability.

Just because he's a slot receiver doesn't mean he's a small guy. Heck, players like victor cruz and marques colston are slot guys and they're definitely not small

Not sure how much truth there is to this, but from Michael Silver on Twitter:

"According to a Raiders source Mark Davis pulled plug on Saffold deal. Could have had surgery and been ready for training camp. Mark said no"

Sounds like Mark Davis was not a fan of the Safford signing... surprise, surprise!

And another tweet I like the look of:

"Not a done deal, but I think #Raiders fans will be a lot happier in the morning. Especially if you like pass rushers."

I'm hoping for Jared Allen with a nice "up yours" to the Broncos!

Last edited:
I nearly choked on my Gin and Tonic

To be honest, after last season Tucker would be a great upgrade Janikowski.... :thumbsup:

Tuck officially signed. 2-years for $11 mil. I don't like the fact that he first went back to the Giants to see if they would match / come close to the offer. That straight away shows me he isn't really wanting to be here, but we were probably his only option! Would much rather have Jared Allen, Woodley, Henry Melton, Chris Clemons (although he just signed with the Jags) or Raji to name a few. I guess we got to get to that to that Salary Cap minimum floor somehow!

Back
Top Bottom