FOR SALE THREADS...no price....frustrating

I was actually agreeing with your post and stance and believe there is a place for both on the forum, but there you go.

that wasn't meant as a counter attack or anything and yes I did notice you were in agreeance as I am to your reply there is room for both as stated earlier, don't need a seperate forum just put your asking price on the card/s and if you are open to offers put best offer or O.N.O after it

that wasn't meant as a counter attack or anything and yes I did notice you were in agreeance as I am to your reply there is room for both as stated earlier, don't need a seperate forum just put your asking price on the card/s and if you are open to offers put best offer or O.N.O after it

Thats what I was saying though. Not all cards you can put a price on or even know what price to put them on, hence it can't be restricted to just price listed items.

Thats what I was saying though. Not all cards you can put a price on or even know what price to put them on, hence it can't be restricted to just price listed items.

interestingly stated " even know what price to put them on" if the seller does not know what price to put on them, then how the hell does the buyer know what to offer? as stated numerous times in others posts the seller needs to do their homework and find out what the card is worth. because if the buyer knows what it is worth but the seller doesn't then "somebody is going to get ripped off".

A. How the hell can people compare buying cards ( a small time hobby) to supermarket and shop pricing..? It doesn't make sense and in comparison terms its a load of SH!T (imo I guess)

B. It works both ways, you get sellers that wont extreme prices for cards that no matter how much you bargin and show recent sales and so on won't budge at all and you waste just as much time in that manner as you do with best offer! (Yes, It's that persons card and they can ask what they want for it)

C. How can people NOT use ebay and such as at least a partial guide, NBA mainly, for offers and pricing..? Its the biggest selling tool there is (NBA wise) and of course its the place that dictates 95% of pricing in the market!

D. Storm in a tea cup anyone..? this is being blown way out of proportion, like a lot of things on this site these days, by what seems to be the same people! (no offence to anyone I'm just calling it how I SEE it!)

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal... For instance I put prices against 99% of my cards no matter what the scarcity is and you still get low balling numbnuts trying to get stuff for next to nothing... It's never going to be perfect, if you expect it to be your in the wrong freaking hobby and I suggest you go take up Puzzle's or something else along those lines....

:rolleyes:

** Awaits all the flaming/over used responses that will come now**

A. How the hell can people compare buying cards ( a small time hobby) to supermarket and shop pricing..? It doesn't make sense and in comparison terms its a load of SH!T (imo I guess)

B. It works both ways, you get sellers that wont extreme prices for cards that no matter how much you bargin and show recent sales and so on won't budge at all and you waste just as much time in that manner as you do with best offer! (Yes, It's that persons card and they can ask what they want for it)

C. How can people NOT use ebay and such as at least a partial guide, NBA mainly, for offers and pricing..? Its the biggest selling tool there is (NBA wise) and of course its the place that dictates 95% of pricing in the market!

D. Storm in a tea cup anyone..? this is being blown way out of proportion, like a lot of things on this site these days, by what seems to be the same people! (no offence to anyone I'm just calling it how I SEE it!)

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal... For instance I put prices against 99% of my cards no matter what the scarcity is and you still get low balling numbnuts trying to get stuff for next to nothing... It's never going to be perfect, if you expect it to be your in the wrong freaking hobby and I suggest you go take up Puzzle's or something else along those lines....

:rolleyes:

** Awaits all the flaming/over used responses that will come now**

this is not a flaming/over used response I don't stoop to that, I try to reason. but I will try to explain so you can clearly understand my points..If you don't put a price on your cards for sale then you have lost a customer, namely me. there is one golden rule..he who has the gold makes the rules...you can have the worlds most expensive card but if you never sell it you have a bit of cardboard and thats all. how hard is it to post for example "2010 Prestige Kane Lucas DP12 $60 or best offer" not that hard try it you may like it

Your right, its not that hard, but its also not that hard to ignore it and move on if it hasn't got a price. Its much easier to do in AFL terms compared to NBA. There is so much more product out there in NBA. I understand where both you and Ryan are coming from but you obviously don't give a rats a$$ about where anyone else is coming from! I myself, like I stated in my post, have prices against my cards 95% of the time at the least! But i can totally understand people taken offers on a lot of NBA stuff for example that is low numbered, different patches/tags, certain numbering etc etc.
I understand the frustration as every now and then I get the same problem, offer something up that isnt that far off and get laughed at or ignored and I think to myself, at least I made an offer jacka$$, but realistically your never going to stop people from ding things the way they are done, you just have to move on and try and find the item your after somewhere else. Like people have stated, its a buyers market and if people lose sales over it then its THEIR problem not yours or mine. I think a few people just need to move on with things rather then hold onto crap that really doesnt matter that much!

Your right, its not that hard, but its also not that hard to ignore it and move on if it hasn't got a price. Its much easier to do in AFL terms compared to NBA. There is so much more product out there in NBA. I understand where both you and Ryan are coming from but you obviously don't give a rats a$$ about where anyone else is coming from! I myself, like I stated in my post, have prices against my cards 95% of the time at the least! But i can totally understand people taken offers on a lot of NBA stuff for example that is low numbered, different patches/tags, certain numbering etc etc.
I understand the frustration as every now and then I get the same problem, offer something up that isnt that far off and get laughed at or ignored and I think to myself, at least I made an offer jacka$$, but realistically your never going to stop people from ding things the way they are done, you just have to move on and try and find the item your after somewhere else. Like people have stated, its a buyers market and if people lose sales over it then its THEIR problem not yours or mine. I think a few people just need to move on with things rather then hold onto crap that really doesnt matter that much!

Agree 100% buddy. NBA is such a global market whereas AFL is restricted. I see merit for both and maybe if you are only taking offers on something put it in your sale thread title then those who do not wish to participate in such transaction cannot say theu weren't warned.

first of all an apology my comments are directed at solely the AFL sellers, don't get into basketball..sorry that's just the way I roll. secondly we (or at least I) do care about where others are coming from but it's not high on my priority list as for the rest of your comments I am in agreeance, as I said if you don't put a price on your card I'm moving on see ya later. because like you every card I make what I think is a resonable offer on ends up in a no sale and 1 extra foe. Do we have to Change OCT..NO' way we need to change our habits bypass the offer makers posts and they will change their habits too

Agree 100% buddy. NBA is such a global market whereas AFL is restricted. I see merit for both and maybe if you are only taking offers on something put it in your sale thread title then those who do not wish to participate in such transaction cannot say theu weren't warned.

Bingo!....

No need for the apology, I only made mention of it because the site deals with everything! With that point, everything is different, sport wise, markets a bigger or smaller etc etc so I guess it works differently for everyone in many ways!

As Heath said, maybe people should put it in the Title, but again, we won't get it perfect no matter what we do!

someone needs to kickstart this and maybe it will catch on. seeing as I am strictly a buyer only it would be pointless for me to do it

relating specifically to my NBA deals

I've also found that card prices are regional, relating to a player on a particular team being hotter (premium) in the region where they play. It's hard to put a "standard price" because when a player has a good game prices go through the roof temporarily.

Prices people expect to pay might differ between USA, AUS and Germany. I've found some Euro buyers tighter than average and continually asking for cheaper prices on deals whereas like Korea and some Phillipines buyers just snap up stuff and don't bother with offers.

Not all collectors watch the league and cannot judge market activity on players having good games.

Hey, I'm with ya, generally I don't look at threads that ask for offers but sometimes they serve a good purpose - like rare cards that people don't know a value- a random collector will pay $50 for it but a set chaser or player collector will pay $200.

I like Best Offer listings on ebay too.

If I don't wanna make an offer I leave it, if I ask for a price and they don't know and I don't know where to start I'll leave it but you should be able to figure out some starting point, then if they want too much above what you wanna pay, leave it too :)

relating specifically to my NBA deals

I've also found that card prices are regional, relating to a player on a particular team being hotter (premium) in the region where they play. It's hard to put a "standard price" because when a player has a good game prices go through the roof temporarily.

Prices people expect to pay might differ between USA, AUS and Germany. I've found some Euro buyers tighter than average and continually asking for cheaper prices on deals whereas like Korea and some Phillipines buyers just snap up stuff and don't bother with offers.

Not all collectors watch the league and cannot judge market activity on players having good games.

Hey, I'm with ya, generally I don't look at threads that ask for offers but sometimes they serve a good purpose - like rare cards that people don't know a value- a random collector will pay $50 for it but a set chaser or player collector will pay $200.

I like Best Offer listings on ebay too.

If I don't wanna make an offer I leave it, if I ask for a price and they don't know and I don't know where to start I'll leave it but you should be able to figure out some starting point, then if they want too much above what you wanna pay, leave it too :)

yup..............

You're not going to get people to put the "Offer" word in their thread title...... it'd be much much easier & more streamlined if there was another forum created for this or another prefix.

You're not going to get people to put the "Offer" word in their thread title...... it'd be much much easier & more streamlined if there was another forum created for this or another prefix.

it takes about 3 seconds to type " O.N.O. (or nearest offer) in the title and as a web developer you would know how much would be involved in creating another forum...a lot more than 3 seconds. It is really simple "meet the customers needs or lose the customer"

it takes about 3 seconds to type " O.N.O. (or nearest offer) in the title and as a web developer you would know how much would be involved in creating another forum...a lot more than 3 seconds. It is really simple "meet the customers needs or lose the customer"

I wasn't disagreeing how EASY it is to type that in the title, I was just saying you wouldn't be able to uphold that kind of requirement..... no matter if you have a sticky there telling the users they need to put that in the title I'd still say the majority of users still wouldn't, either because they didn't read the sticky or just plain forgot...... it would create too much unnecessary work for the mods when you can easily create another prefix or add another forum (it doesn't take a lot of work to add another forum, it is all built into the forum software..... all you have to do is click a few buttons & type a couple things & it will add a new forum for that section).

Just because 3 or 4 people agree with you doesn't mean it will instantly change things..... Not trying to be a smart ass or jerk or anything but it has been working fine for the life of the site why would the Admin/mods suddenly make changes too it? Im sure they'll monitor the situation and look at changes if it becomes a problem!

Just because 3 or 4 people agree with you doesn't mean it will instantly change things..... Not trying to be a smart ass or jerk or anything but it has been working fine for the life of the site why would the Admin/mods suddenly make changes too it? Im sure they'll monitor the situation and look at changes if it becomes a problem!

Suddenly? It has been discussed a number of time before.

Becomes a problem? It is one.

It wouldnt be hard to add another prefix...positive change.

Back
Top Bottom