FOR SALE THREADS...no price....frustrating

Agree with you Ryan completely, just think maybe you were missing my other point NM...

Maybe because ebay prices mean nothing at all.

Funny that they mean nothing at all when you are selling as buyers are forever sending links to "cheap auctions" they didn't win or missed as way of trying to get your price down...

I never go by ebay listing, Selling or buying. I mean if the last say KD patch auto sold for $10 because nobody saw the listing or for what ever reason does that mean the every KD patch auto is worth only $10.

I never go by ebay listing, Selling or buying. I mean if the last say KD patch auto sold for $10 because nobody saw the listing or for what ever reason does that mean the every KD patch auto is worth only $10.

Yeah exactly mate, misunderstood your first post, but seems you know what I am saying. Guess in the end its a buyer's market and the seller is held ransom to the best price he can get at the time :(

Very very rarely would a decent card for a ridiculously low price.

Yes, or you could research what similar cards sold for, decide what you would be happy to receive and then settle on a price.

Similar cards is not the same as the card you are holding. Take Verse and his MJ buyback 1/1 for instance. How the hell do you value that. In the end he put it on the bay for a High BIN asking for OFFERS and he ended up getting a much higher offer than other people on other forums said it was worth or what they would pay.

I agree with having a taking offer prefix for threads, kind of like For Sale or For Trade. If someone wants offers only on a card what is the problem with that? It is their card and their choice, if you don't like the way they are doing it then don't buy or offer. I just feel that having a prefix of this stops the problem. People who dont like offers know which threads to avoid and those that dont care can go have a look.
This is what champs my bit, "This card is worth $xx", cards do not have set values, they might have a value that the majority sell at for a period of time but we are dealing with something with little instrinsic value. They are worth what people are willing to pay and values can rise and fall constantly. NO CARD has a set price, they have a range which they have recently sold for but that is all and often they will move higher through this range if a player becomes suddenly popular. It always amuses me when people try and tell me what a cards value is.

Similar cards is not the same as the card you are holding. Take Verse and his MJ buyback 1/1 for instance. How the hell do you value that. In the end he put it on the bay for a High BIN asking for OFFERS and he ended up getting a much higher offer than other people on other forums said it was worth or what they would pay.

Yes exactly.

He put it on eBay, which specifically offers a BIN or Best Offer service.

Obviously with a card like that, eBay is your best bet due the increased exposure.

We are talking about FOR SALE threads on OCT.

Crows2010, You are way off track and to be honest have a lack of understanding of how and why transactions occur. You do make a point earlier about all the Offer Me threads but don't underpin your original strong comments with pointless ramblings (no offence) because what you are saying now IMO is making you look imature and have little idea of what you are talking about.

Crows2010, You are way off track and to be honest have a lack of understanding of how and why transactions occur. You do make a point earlier about all the Offer Me threads but don't underpin your original strong comments with pointless ramblings (no offence) because what you are saying now IMO is making you look imature and have little idea of what you are talking about.

Hahaha is this a joke post?

Please direct me to my 'pointless ramblings'.

I have a lack of understanding of why transactions occur? Are you actually kidding me? Surely.

Yes exactly.

He put it on eBay, which specifically offers a BIN or Best Offer service.

Obviously with a card like that, eBay is your best bet due the increased exposure.

We are talking about FOR SALE threads on OCT.

Mate all I was doing was using it as an example where asking for offers is more than acceptable and how a price cannot be placed on certain cards no matter what you say. Remember you started this thread originally asking for prices only in the FS section and all I am doing is showing how both are warranted.

the price of a card is based (in my opinion) on 4 things Hopefully I will get this in the right order
1. Scarcity...obviously 1/1 demand big dollars as does signature cards because there are less made blah blah blah
2.How bad does someone want it.....Read on a forum a while ago somebody paid $26 for a port power team set, must have wanted that sucker real bad
3.Circumstance..Did he die, did he win a Brownlow, he doesn't sign cards etc etc etc
4.Condition...did this last obviously..if I wanted a 1/1 of dead player really bad I don't care about the condition

I take this into consideration when "buying" so I dont give a rats how much you paid for it or where you got it from etc. so in short tell me the price you want if not don't waste my time. If you want an offer do it like Ebay put your price on it and then best offer after it.

the price of a card is based (in my opinion) on 4 things Hopefully I will get this in the right order
1. Scarcity...obviously 1/1 demand big dollars as does signature cards because there are less made blah blah blah
2.How bad does someone want it.....Read on a forum a while ago somebody paid $26 for a port power team set, must have wanted that sucker real bad
3.Circumstance..Did he die, did he win a Brownlow, he doesn't sign cards etc etc etc
4.Condition...did this last obviously..if I wanted a 1/1 of dead player really bad I don't care about the condition

I take this into consideration when "buying" so I dont give a rats how much you paid for it or where you got it from etc. so in short tell me the price you want if not don't waste my time. If you want an offer do it like Ebay put your price on it and then best offer after it.

Yep, even this would be good.

You are spot on with everything you've said here but it just comes down to a simply theory of supply and demand and all the factors you listed above influence this :D

You are spot on with everything you've said here but it just comes down to a simply theory of supply and demand and all the factors you listed above influence this :D

if you want a term to cover all four points of my staement that would be it "supply and demand" but we also see now a shortage of foods due to The floods so once again supply and demand kicks in and up go the prices, which I don't have a problem with, but at least the shops are still putting prices on their food not a sign saying make me an offer

if you want a term to cover all four points of my staement that would be it "supply and demand" but we also see now a shortage of foods due to The floods so once again supply and demand kicks in and up go the prices, which I don't have a problem with, but at least the shops are still putting prices on their food not a sign saying make me an offer

I was actually agreeing with your post and stance and believe there is a place for both on the forum, but there you go.

Back
Top Bottom