Fleer Retro thoughts so far

is there anywhere that is selling any fleer retro for $400-450 a box, or even $500?
they were hella fun to bust, cant remember busting a better product

is there anywhere that is selling any fleer retro for $400-450 a box, or even $500?
they were hella fun to bust, cant remember busting a better product

I agree 100%!

I've busted pleanty of boxes/cases of great products in my time.... but never were they this exciting. I bought in early on this Fleer Retro, but thinking of busting even at the high prices just because it was so fun. The problem is, I can't find any! I don't think any exciting product like this will come out, unless of course they do it again never year. Only this time they would probably use different insert sets, which would be amazing!! Either way, this product has made history, and will always remain in sports card history as the most exciting product to bust, with great cards and value.

I agree 100%!
Only this time they would probably use different insert sets, which would be amazing!! Either way, this product has made history, and will always remain in sports card history as the most exciting product to bust, with great cards and value.

Really? I watched a case break on Cherry and it was boring as bat Shit and i actually felt sorry for the bloke who paid for it, only waiting for the inserts (some which were cool, but still college cards), nobody has any interest in the base or nearly all the auto's, I think it can be done better and I hope Panini took notice of the inserts.

I agree 100%!

I've busted pleanty of boxes/cases of great products in my time.... but never were they this exciting. I bought in early on this Fleer Retro, but thinking of busting even at the high prices just because it was so fun. The problem is, I can't find any! I don't think any exciting product like this will come out, unless of course they do it again never year. Only this time they would probably use different insert sets, which would be amazing!! Either way, this product has made history, and will always remain in sports card history as the most exciting product to bust, with great cards and value.

You do know the ONLY reason why this product is doing well is because of the success, value and demand for original 90's inserts that you hate so much right? I mean, that's the whole reason why UD even decided to make this product. It's weird how someone can hate the originals but love the remakes of them.

I agree 100%!

Most exciting? Highly doubt that. I've seen enough case breaks to know that ain't the case! Plenty more products that is 100x better than that, especially 03-04 exquisite.

Prices are up on the Beckett website, for most of the retro stuff!
They seem to be well above market value!
Below are all the buy back MJ autos.....VERY IMPRESSIVE

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #1 Michael Jordan/96-97 A Cut Above

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #2 Michael Jordan/96-97 Golden Touch

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #3 Michael Jordan/96-97 Netrageous

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #4 Michael Jordan/96-97 Platinum Portraits
2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #5 Michael Jordan/96-97 Showcase 0

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #6 Michael Jordan/97-98 Competitive Advantage

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #7 Michael Jordan/97-98 Frequent Flyer Club

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #8 Michael Jordan/97-98 Golden Touch

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #9 Michael Jordan/97-98 Hardware

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #10 Michael Jordan/97-98 Hooperstars

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #11 Michael Jordan/97-98 Jambalaya

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #12 Michael Jordan/97-98 Planet Metal

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #13 Michael Jordan/97-98 Platinum Portraits

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #14 Michael Jordan/97-98 Quickstrike

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #15 Michael Jordan/97-98 Star Power Supreme
2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #16 Michael Jordan/97-98 Stars

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #17 Michael Jordan/97-98 Titanium

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #18 Michael Jordan/97-98 Total O

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #19 Michael Jordan/97-98 Ultrabilities AS

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #20 Michael Jordan/98-99 3Ds

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #21 Michael Jordan/98-99 Dunk N Go Nuts

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #22 Michael Jordan/98-99 Intimidation Nation

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks #23 Michael Jordan/98-99 Linchpins

You do know the ONLY reason why this product is doing well is because of the success, value and demand for original 90's inserts that you hate so much right? I mean, that's the whole reason why UD even decided to make this product. It's weird how someone can hate the originals but love the remakes of them.

First of all, we all know about 90's inserts and all the manipulation going around............... no names though, let's keep the scum secret.

Second, was the vintage 1948 Bowman and 1961 Fleer ever has "hot" as the shilled 90's inserts? I don't think so..... BUT they still make remakes of those cards. Why? Because.....

Finally, there's a reason why most people would prefer to watch the remake of the movie "Assult on Precinct 13" rather than the original... I LOVE the new remake and can't sit there and watch the old one. Point is, not everybody likes the same things.... Not to mention the biggest thing here, that LEBRON is NOT in the "originals" but he is in this 2012 Fleer Retro product, in which 2012 is the year of his first RING!!!!! BINGO

There's no need to spread "All Retro sales are fake" or "Retro sucks".............. let people collect what they want, and let people spend their money as they wish! These cards are selling high very early on with no help from shillers! It's not like they're shilled like the 90's have been for years now. You have an opinion, great!!! But no need to spread all this hate for Fleer Retro.

First of all, we all know about 90's inserts and all the manipulation going around............... no names though, let's keep the scum secret.

Second, was the vintage 1948 Bowman and 1961 Fleer ever has "hot" as the shilled 90's inserts? I don't think so..... BUT they still make remakes of those cards. Why? Because.....

Finally, there's a reason why most people would prefer to watch the remake of the movie "Assult on Precinct 13" rather than the original... I LOVE the new remake and can't sit there and watch the old one. Point is, not everybody likes the same things.... Not to mention the biggest thing here, that LEBRON is NOT in the "originals" but he is in this 2012 Fleer Retro product, in which 2012 is the year of his first RING!!!!! BINGO

There's no need to spread "All Retro sales are fake" or "Retro sucks".............. let people collect what they want, and let people spend their money as they wish! These cards are selling high very early on with no help from shillers! It's not like they're shilled like the 90's have been for years now. You have an opinion, great!!! But no need to spread all this hate for Fleer Retro.

$T2eC16ZHJHYE9nzpebuMBQDOu4WGpw~~60_35.JPG

If you count that as a Lebron PMG, then bless your soul................ lol

I'm full aware of that card, but...............

It is Lebron isn't it?

It is from a subset called "Precious metal gems" is it not?

What am I missing? :cautious:

You can take any card and smack the words "Precious Metal Gems" on it, but doesn't make it a PMG.... if it don't look like a PMG, smell like a PMG, then chances are it's NOT a PMG.... :thumbsup:

What you see in Fleer Retro ARE pmg's!

You can take any card and smack the words "Precious Metal Gems" on it, but doesn't make it a PMG.... if it don't look like a PMG, smell like a PMG, then chances are it's NOT a PMG.... :thumbsup:

When did that law pass through parliament?

Just for the record, I'm not taking the piss outta ya, or having a go at you. You are entitled to your opinion. But you don't decide what a PMG is, what is printed on the card is what decides what a PMG is.

Just for the record, I'm not taking the piss outta ya, or having a go at you. You are entitled to your opinion. But you don't decide what a PMG is, what is printed on the card is what decides what a PMG is.

Well thank you for letting me know, but I didn't take any offense. Same here, i'm just giving my opinion. I mean, sure I can decide what a PMG is.... what it is to me! I'm not speaking for anybody else but me. If I liked that card for my tastes, I would have bought it a long time ago. Sure it says "Precious Metal Gems".... that's a fact. But to me personally, I don't consider it to be a true one. It's like taking a 1948 Bowman, or any card really, and smacking the words PMG on it. Nothing wrong with the cards though, they're pretty and all, but I like the Retro ones more, and consider it the true PMG. Plus there's the fact that it's a 2012 card..... Ring year. Some don't care, and some do. It means something to me that it's a 2012 which is his first ring year. Just like some people couldn't care less for jersey serial numbered cards, but I do. It's all opinions at the end of the day. That one is mine.

Back
Top Bottom