fleer retro beckett values

I'm sure when the "hype" dies down and people see what they're getting for they're money, those prices will drop dramatically....
Having said that....I think a few cards might be worth picking up at current MARKET prices....
I see SOME true value in this product, but most prices are inflated in my opinion.

I actually think it's a bargin right now compared to what they'll be in the near future.... I think the prices are low now because of there being such a big choice for collectors as many people are busting! Wait until they're mostly busted opened and into PC's. Then you won't see these types of prices. Many people will not pay too much attention to certain auctions as they know there's another one up, or another 10.......... But wait till the day when there is only one or two cards up of a specific card. Then we'll see what happens with price :goat:

10k for jordan and 3k for lebron.. really.. wtf happened with this product.. whats the rpice for the originals like then? 5x

That's not how it works.............. all collectors see cards differently. The 97-98 Metal was that set, and this one is 11-12 Retro.... different collectors, different tastes. Not to mention the obvious that LEBRON wasn't in the 97-98 set as he was a rookie in 2003-04 LOL :lol: Oh yeah, and this is his first of many ring year! :kick:

yeah but this means a jordan boyz noyz is worth more now in college uniform retro than the original imo this is total crap..

I dont know, noyz boyz old has gone up in value signifiantly in recent times has it not?

noyz_boyz_set.jpg

I actually think it's a bargin right now compared to what they'll be in the near future.... I think the prices are low now because of there being such a big choice for collectors as many people are busting! Wait until they're mostly busted opened and into PC's. Then you won't see these types of prices. Many people will not pay too much attention to certain auctions as they know there's another one up, or another 10.......... But wait till the day when there is only one or two cards up of a specific card. Then we'll see what happens with price :goat:

Alot of people are buying this product at inflated prices because they "think" that retro may some day be worth as much as the originals...
They are simply trying to secure cards that might be sort after in the future....
In my opinion, this product will drop in price dramatically, with an exception of a few players like lebron,jordan and few cards that ''might" hold value like the PMG Green,Blue possibly Red maybe even showcase /150....Of course 1/1 buybacks auto's are in a different league.
Those cards could be worth holding onto, BUT only at realistic prices....
The prices set by Beckett are a joke on these PMG's....They are at least double what people are actually paying!
So,
I believe the cards right now are EXTREMELY over priced.
Its going to be a very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong investment in some of these cards and i would think it will take many years before people could see good returns.

Thats my opinion on some of the retro market....
I'm already laughing at yours!

I dont know, noyz boyz old has gone up in value signifiantly in recent times has it not?

noyz_boyz_set.jpg

MJ 90's NOYZ BOYZ BV $750, RETRO NOYZ BOYZ BV $350

Retro NOYZ BOYZ is one of the worst copy's in the set, i mean its cardboard,color's are dull its cut and centered very badly....
I can't believe that they made NOYZ BOYZ from cheap flimsy cardboard, when the originals are made from a felt material with multiple layers!

Alot of people are buying this product at inflated prices because they "think" that retro may some day be worth as much as the originals...
They are simply trying to secure cards that might be sort after in the future....
In my opinion, this product will drop in price dramatically, with an exception of a few players like lebron,jordan and few cards that ''might" hold value like the PMG Green,Blue possibly Red maybe even showcase /150....Of course 1/1 buybacks auto's are in a different league.
Those cards could be worth holding onto, BUT only at realistic prices....
The prices set by Beckett are a joke on these PMG's....They are at least double what people are actually paying!
So,
I believe the cards right now are EXTREMELY over priced.
Its going to be a very loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong investment in some of these cards and i would think it will take many years before people could see good returns.

Thats my opinion on some of the retro market....
I'm already laughing at yours!

You're laughing? This from the person who says ALOT, instead of A LOT....? smh :lol: =D> How can I take you seriously?

Anyway............ who said cards are "investments"? They're not investments to me.... maybe you!

I buy cards of players I like, period. Forget about the 97-98 vs. 11-12 battle..... that's just the people who see cards as investments who are worried. They're affraid that maybe the Retro will get more attention, whick they are!

I like Lebron, and always thought some of the 90's inserts were very cool looking... but what good are 90's inserts if you don't like the players enough to collect them?? Sure Babe Ruth was great, Jordan was great, Bill Russell was great, who does that make me automaticly collect them?? No.

I like Lebron enough to collect him, so.............................. Lebron is NOT in the 90's products, so I guess we can pretty much call this a closed case? Remember that 2011-12 cards will forever be cherished by collectors now, and many years to come, as it's his first ring year. What would super rare Jordan inserts go for if they made some back when he got his first ring?? A LOT!

Lebron on the other hand is at the right place at the right time, when card companies are making these crazy rare cards, and he just got his fist ring, so these cards will forever hold their value and increase more than you can imagine!! Doesn't matter if he's wearing a Santa costume on the card.... still! Not to mention that the NBA has gone WORLDWIDE due to their great marketing they've been doing in the past few years. So that means MORE collectors, like never before.

But thankfully, you guys will be the hold outs on these cards, and that's GREAT! Keep seeing them at bad investments LOL..... they're not investments to me, they're amazing cards of a player I actually like to collect, LEBRON! :wave:

Now laugh at THAT! A LOT!

everytime $ + Retro are spoken in the same line, debating occurs lol -_- I thought this was a hobby...lol

You're laughing? This from the person who says ALOT, instead of A LOT....? smh :lol: =D> How can I take you seriously?

I buy cards of players I like, period. Forget about the 97-98 vs. 11-12 battle..... that's just the people who see cards as investments who are worried. They're affraid that maybe the Retro will get more attention, whick they are!

I like Lebron, and always thought some of the 90's inserts were very cool looking... but what good are 90's inserts if you don't like the players enough to collect them?? Sure Babe Ruth was great, Jordan was great, Bill Russell was great, who does that make me automaticly collect them?? No.

I actually think it's a bargin right now compared to what they'll be in the near future....

Oh, the sheer irony.

Anyway............ who said cards are "investments"? They're not investments to me.... maybe you!

I like Lebron enough to collect him, so.............................. Lebron is NOT in the 90's products, so I guess we can pretty much call this a closed case? Remember that 2011-12 cards will forever be cherished by collectors now, and many years to come, as it's his first ring year. What would super rare Jordan inserts go for if they made some back when he got his first ring?? A LOT!

Lebron on the other hand is at the right place at the right time, when card companies are making these crazy rare cards, and he just got his fist ring, so these cards will forever hold their value and increase more than you can imagine!! Doesn't matter if he's wearing a Santa costume on the card.... still! Not to mention that the NBA has gone WORLDWIDE due to their great marketing they've been doing in the past few years. So that means MORE collectors, like never before.

But thankfully, you guys will be the hold outs on these cards, and that's GREAT! Keep seeing them at bad investments LOL..... they're not investments to me, they're amazing cards of a player I actually like to collect, LEBRON! :wave:

Now laugh at THAT! A LOT!
MORE COLLECTORS THEN EVER BEFORE?????????, the NBA went WORLDWIDE in the early 90's and has NEVER had a larger following since!
Not even half the amount of people follow the NBA today as they did back then..
You think there are more collectors now, then in 1991 to about 1994???
Do some research, genius!

I completly stoped replying to you in the other thread thinking you would stop.
I should have known better as your clearly a child when it comes to this subject.
You don't have any real reply to what i say, instead you bring up spelling and grammer?
And then go onto another subject to try make sense of your own deluded point of view.

Retro, is full of market speculation, my view is A LOT of people are buying for the investment side of the hobby.
I'm not saying YOU are one of those people....

I'm not going to agree to disagree, i'm simply not going to entertain any point of view you have on this subject any further.
I'm not going to reply to you again on the matter, i have seen you say some things that make complete sense in other threads and subjects.

You let your emotions on the 90's MJ market impede your rationality.

I don't have to check spelling or grammer as you will do that for me!

Thanks, Gary.

don't worry.. they were both banned anyways.. I think.. but I've busted a retro and if u don't hit big its not value for money haha

Back
Top Bottom