Fleer Greats of the game preview!

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
This comes out in June and I'll be getting a box or two of it. Anytime I have a chance to pull a 1/1 Pistol Pete auto I'll take up that chance! :D

Haven't seen a checklist for it yet but as soon as I do I'll post it seeing the old school crew is growing here. Not sure I really like the design yet but it should have quality in it and at least 2 autos per box.

gotg2.jpg

we all know UD = Fleer now so im not expecting much..
it will be the same names from all the other products UD release so im not expecting any new autos..

just seems like more of the same....... chris paul, bernard king, rodman, marvin williams (05-06 rookie crop)

still havent seen anything special by UD this year

the original (i think) of GOTG had greats like cheryl miller, larry johnson, and all these other people that don't sign much

geelongfan said:
......just seems like more of the same....... chris paul, bernard king, rodman, marvin williams (05-06 rookie crop)

Didnt know Bernard King was from 05-06 Rookie Crop?? lol.

I reckon it'll be much the same, but with better technology into the cards, as the last lot of GOTG.

I wonder if those players who had contracts with Fleer (before the went bust) to sign for them on their products (Barkley was one) if that contract was picked up by Upper Deck too?

Be good to see a GOTG Barkley auto!!!

Funkadelic said:
Thats funny, cos I actually pulled a rookie card for a Bernard King from my box of Topps Chrome. He's in the NBDL.
Same names two different people. One was a 80-93 legend the other is nothing special

ill be investing heavily in these as soon as i know whose autos they are getting, if they can get some more rare signers like the old GOTG ill be buying heaps. especially like mavs said if they get a barkley auto somehow! :D

gotta say the design does leave a bit to be desired, the old 01/02 were so nice, clean and simple white, classic design, very classy.

Allstar cards inc said:
It might be the closest I get to getting an 05/06 Fleer branded product....so I'd probably get a couple as well. Has anyone heard about the 05/06 Fleer product UD were going to bring out back in January??

I haven't heard anything about the regular Fleer products. I really hope they do release something otherwise I will have a missing year in my Fleer set collection.

A group buy for this would be a good one.

They will be about $110 each or a bit cheaper even maybe with a case buy.

There should be a mix of good autos in it though with the addition of a few fleer and UD contracted players. McHale is rumoured to have one for example. Thats is huge news as it will be his FIRST auto ever and it will be one of the hotest cards around. And dare I mention Maravich again???

that's awesome! May collect that auto set (with Bernard King & Rodman aka the Legends) instead of the 2001 one. Depends, i like the look of the 2001 ones though, more old school!

All depends on where Im at with my Celts sets I'm completing. If I'm almost done I'll consider it. My sets take priority as most collectors know the pain of having THAT card pop up and the finances aren't there.

A case certainly helps the odds of a great pull but generally you will lose out compared to singles not to mention the shipping etc. Pull the Maravich and the tune changes though!

Back
Top Bottom