Feedback/Ebay Advice

BruzDB

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
Hey guys, not sure what to do with this one, so some advice would be awesome.

I bought a card for my PC from an Ebay seller in the US on the 17th. A few days before this, I asked for a shipping quote. The seller quoted me $8 and I was happy enough with that, so I won the auction.

I tried to pay straight away, but the shipping cost came up as approx $22, so I sent an email to the seller, asking him to send me an updated invoice with the correct shipping cost.

Long story short and I have now emailed him 5 times, requesting a new invoice with NO replies.

He has listed new items since and left feedback for other buys on 2 different dates, so it isn't a case of him being away.

I don't understand him just ignoring my emails.

Should I just go ahead and leave a negative feedback?

Thanks for your help guys.

maybe send him a message through the contact seller option if you haven't already done so. some people don't check their emails to get the invoice request notification
hope you get your card

Yep done that mate, that's the way I have sent all the requests for an updated invoice.

I wouldn't be so disappointed except for the fact that only 2 of these cards has shown up on Ebay and it is numbered to only 25.

I think he just doesn't want to send you the cards for $8 because it's not tracked, so basically he is backing out of the deal. But he should be a man about it and just admit to that, then at least both parties can move on.

If you really want the card, you should set up an COMC.com account, then he can send you the card there. It is good in the long run because the shipping rates end up being cheaper, since the warehouse is in the US, you pay US postage + their processing fee of $1 + $0.2 for toploader + $0.25 for shipping. Comparing this to the $8 that you would have paid. You need to add another postal address to your eBay account, then you can request for an invoice again using the US address. I have no doubt he will be happy to do your deal.

I think he just doesn't want to send you the cards for $8 because it's not tracked, so basically he is backing out of the deal. But he should be a man about it and just admit to that, then at least both parties can move on.

If you really want the card, you should set up an COMC.com account, then he can send you the card there. It is good in the long run because the shipping rates end up being cheaper, since the warehouse is in the US, you pay US postage + their processing fee of $1 + $0.2 for toploader + $0.25 for shipping. Comparing this to the $8 that you would have paid. You need to add another postal address to your eBay account, then you can request for an invoice again using the US address. I have no doubt he will be happy to do your deal.

Yeah I'm thinking he just wants to back out of the sale. If he was a man about it and told me, no dramas, I'd cancel the sale, but doing it this way, he is going to get his first negative.

I was thinking about a COMC mailbox, but for the few I buy from the US, it just isn't worth it really. I have never had a problem like this before and some US sellers charge as little as $3 or $4 for shipping.

Yeah I'm thinking he just wants to back out of the sale. If he was a man about it and told me, no dramas, I'd cancel the sale, but doing it this way, he is going to get his first negative.

I was thinking about a COMC mailbox, but for the few I buy from the US, it just isn't worth it really. I have never had a problem like this before and some US sellers charge as little as $3 or $4 for shipping.

For me, a lot of my cards come from the US eBay so it is quite handy to have a proxy service set up at COMC. I can easily put the card up for sale as well, and as soon as you sign up for an account there, you have a mailbox, there's no extra work.

But anyway, I have a similar story, bought a very rare card off this seller, the shipping is supposed to be $1.00, but he sent an invoice for $4.00, and this is to post to my COMC mailbox. Then I managed to get him to bring down the postage, but I had a feeling that he never intended to send me the card. So a month and a half has past, I raised a Paypal claim and he refunds me straight away. So I think he has definitely planned it this way and he got his wish. He probably wanted more for the card, but didn't get the price, so he adjusted the postage hoping I would give him a few extra bucks. Now he is at my mercy with the feedback.... any suggestions on what I should give him?

Cheers Ben, I appreciate that mate. It's been over a week now, so I wont be going through with the sale. As much as I want the card, I just don't trust him to send the correct card.

I have left him a negative feedback.

Back
Top Bottom