Exciting Panini News: Your feedback please!

i think limiting the boxes too eg 500 cases rather than like a million this way more products can be released each with a card design specific to that box(borders layout etc) that way we dont see the same cards over and over and over though the years. Give each product a sense of individuality so rather than a million boxes but only say ten prodct types have 30 types and lower number produced or something of the sort

Dear big wigs, my name is Stew and I'm 27 and I live in Sydney. Have been collecting cards since the school yards of 93.

I would like to see: better designs on cards, more effort is what the industry needs. I'm sick of seeing poorly designed sets. Take a note from the 90's sets as they had some real stunners there. I don't mind mass production of autos that much, I like choice. If you release say 1 auto of that particuler player per year then it is really going to be boring. Oh and don't forgot to burn the idea of releasing sticker autos. Make the Congrats you have just received... more interesting on the back of the card. with lesser text and more room for career stats or a story maybe?

Also make less and less and less of low#d parelels!

Ban mass production of game used!!!! and make the jersey window bigger if possible, UD in recen't years have been cheap in it's offerings in this department.

Also like to see Inserts boom back.

Cann all base cards!

One more thing I forgot to add, was I think I speak for most people on this site when I say we feel the same way about manufactured patches as we do with sticker autos. They should be a big no no.

A fresh start with this takeover is really what the hobby needs and hopefully will benefit from.
As many have pointed out already, innovative idea's for cards will make the hobby and its sets more unique/appealing.
A few possible idea's -
- Different types of Game Used Items - Limited run of Game worn headbands, shoes etc.
- Game stamped patch cards, highlighting what game each piece was worn in. As that is quite hard to find out when each jersey was worn, maybe create a limited set dedicated to significant plays of the season (buzzer beating shots, great individual performances or even the playoff series)
-A more innovative print run (inscription signatures on 1st produced, last produced and jersey numbered cards)
-Highlight jersey numbered cards within the set, making them more distinct and look different/more unique.
-larger patch/gu windows within sets,
instead of the small windows we see these days. Larger Gu/Patch windows and much more appealing and feel like you own a great "chunk" of the players jersey (how ultimate was based on).
-Less manufactured patch's, they are pretty much worthless.
I'd rather see more game worn Letterman (Where the "P" from Pierce is #'d 1/6) ,Logo's and Significant Patch's.

Just something thing new to really generate more interest for the hobby will be great,
instead of the same old each year!

- NO STICKER, we want CARDS.

- Autographs ON CARD not on stickers

- Please create nice inserts THAT TELL A STORY, something about basketball, about the game, about the season, or the history of the NBA.
For example, a set about the best rebounders (Lee, Duncan, Biedrins, Howard etc), a set about best passers (Paul, Rondo, Williams etc)...
even a set about clutch shooters this season (Bryant, Roy, Mason, Harris etc) or in History (Paxson, Jordan, Bryant etc...)

I think that the Upper Deck MVP idea about having one card per game for Kobe Bryant MVP year was a brilliant idea ! It keeps fans close to the game.

Inserts have to TELL something about the game, that's important
>>>

- when you show a picture of a player on a card, please say on the back: "this is a picture of player from a game against team on date" example for a Kobe Bryant card: "This is a photo of Kobe bryant against the Thunders, on February 24th 2009, game 57 of 2008-09 regular season"

- NOT TOO MANY PARALLEL CARDS

- correct Odds, not 10 jerseys or Auto per pack, put rare inserts instead, even if they are not numbered...

- Larger windows for GU jersey or Patch. That would be nice to know in which game this jersey was worn by the player

Man when i heard bout the nba going exclusiv with panani(or whatever the hell they are) i was absolutely GUTTED!! what a shame for nba cards to come to this. man... i've been speechless ever since me found out dudes. ive seen some panani stuff in the past, and its just childish. nothing worth collectin. if their bringin out the sme variety of cards as in the market now, then i think they achieved nothin. it'll be cool if theyd go back old school style. like the 90's inserts they should have, and then maybe 1 or 2 type of jersey or autos. so they can bring the auto and jersey card reputation back! cos mate, ive been away from trading cards for a few years (and I mean a few years) and when i came back to collectin and saw the jersey cards I FREAKED! What an awesome invention and creation. but no!! after one moneth of checkin out jersey cards and seing how most dont even sell for more than 0.99cents, i was gobsmacked. anyway....all the best to Panini(there im showein some respect for the company :)) and i hope they tickle me fancy. cheerios :) :) :) :)

I am sure i will be repeating a few things that have already been mentioned, but here is a list of the things i would like to see in/back in the hobby:

* The over production of cards really gives me the sh1ts. All these parallels is ridiculous.

* Worthwhile insert cards....look at these rippers from the 90's:
63d8_1.JPG
e506_1.JPG

33c2_1.JPG
3dd0_1.JPG

Now look at some of the stuff we have gotten lately....:blink::blink::blink::cry:

c3b2_1.JPG
!BNDRpEgB2k~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLl7pG)BJntPQBJMg~~_1.JPG

* Less GU & Auto cards. Harder to pull/buy = more desirable.

I think the fact you guys are taking over is a great thing for the hobby. Previous manufacturers have been good....but the overproduction of cards and the countless amount of different products is a bit much and has certainly contibuted to the "flooding" we have experienced in recent years!!

I hope this helps you guys!!

Cheers

Ben Janetzki!!

Less Game Used with bigger swatches, knowing which particular game would be great!
Game used headbands, wristbands, socks, id bands.
Less Autos.
Make boxes for rookies and for stars like in the early 90's.
Have 6 - 7 products ranging from entry level to exquisite. 40+ is far to many.
Worthwhile insert cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really need to lower the odds of getting 'hits' as game used jersey's have become almost a joke (I bought a Gilbert Arenas GU for $2.30).
On card auto's, number them.
Bring back the value in base rookies, you can get a Chris Paul rookie for $2 if its not GU or auto.
Less Variations of the same card, 3 would be ideal (base, parallel and 1/1).

O.K

I know a lot of the things I am about to say have been said, but I figger the more people say it the better.

1. Less GU's and Auto's of players. Number each GU's and Auto so people can see that they are limited. Make the GU's on cards BIGGER make the Patchs BIGGER as well.

2. On card auto's, and get players to sign the jersey on the cards as well.

3.Man, 90's inserts rock bring back those great designs. Todays inserts look about as good as the filler cards in packs. Less inserts/parallel.

4. Place limited cards in packs that state you are a winner, and prizes can be signed player worn jersey or player worn shoe's signed even signed basketball sky's the limit.

5. Design, make the cards look great. For me I am a player collector and a set collector I will collect sets only if they look good and that could be low end sets or high end sets but they have to have a great design or I wont bother.

especially for us International collectors who never get to have any "up close" contact with the players, what about:

Redemptions (or packed into boxes) for game worn jerseys, nba.com vouchers, NBA dvds, team prize packs, anything that will get us "into the game"

Fleer did this with the 00-01 Fleer Legacy, with an autographed jersey included with every box

Hello guys,

my name is sascha I'm 29 years old and I'm from germany.

I'm collecting BB-Cards (only sets not players) since 1993.

In my opinion there are some things that panini should't/should do:

1. No Redemptioncards!
2. Parallels: Not as much as UD did. One or two parallel sets are ok, but from the Artifacts set of 07/08 there are parallels /100 /50 /25 /10 /1! These are to much. I love to collect a full set, but this is impossible to do...
3. Autos: I really like on card autos. Please produce sticker au's as low as you can...
4. Regional Cards: Please do not produce regional cards.
I really hate the sets from UD and Fleer in the early 90's, where they have produced european, chinese, japan, spanish, etc. Issues of a Card....
5. Inserts: Come back to the 90s Inserts. I love these Cards!
6. GU: Some years ago, it was very special to pull a GU card out of a pack/box, today they're only bases with cloth.... come back to this years where the gu cards weren't overproduced....

- It's good to have a great customer support if there any questions for damaged cards in boxes etc. UD doesn't do it right in my opinion. Here's your chance to do it better -

Just my two cents....

I only want to say one thing and ill leave the rest up to the experts....................

ON CARD AUTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im 14 and beeen collecting nba cards for a month or 2 and i reckon theyre should be a couple of autos and gu's per box. this would make me less wary of buying a box.:thumbsup:

I collect 90's inserts cause it was the best period for the hobby:
-Nice inserts with a big effort made on the design and few parallels
-less autographs than now with on cards auto
-large piece of jersey
-and for me the main reason,the possibility to finish every sets.

Moreover it would be very cool to see some pics taken during the athletes signing cards session.It has been made last year when kevin durant and kobe bryant did a big signing session in the Ud headquarters.

I think we should see more on-card autos, as i think everyone will agree.

A good idea would be more cut autos of players such as Wilt Chamberlain, Geroge Mikan, Pete Maravich, Drazen Petrovic and other players like this.

This may only be me, but i would love to see some autographs, maybe in a small set in some brand, of famous international players that may not have made it to the NBA or havnt had any autographs. Players I am thinking of are of the status of Dejan Bodiroga, Arvydas Sabonis, Oscar Schmidt..... I think this would have a good market in europe, but not sure what others would think, especially if they havnt seen the players.

Less, or no redemptions would be great.

Better inserts, instead of the bowman elevation style of insert were all the cards looked the same but were actually different, like Cobretti says 90's style inserts.

Make a set or two that are as high end and as nice as Exquisite, i'd be lost without something like that to chase.

i used to sell panini stickers back in the 90's in France. It was stickers and boxes were'nt in good shape. When they come up with cards packaging was better but not excellent they have to improve on that.

So here is what i'd like to see.

- less collections (with low, medium and high range collections)
- smaller print run and knows how many were printed
- great printing and centering (Chrome and Finest had troubles with that)
- cards no stickers
- on cards auto
- real game used and nice piece (not a micropiece)
- better respect on the odds (game used and auto in a box would be nice)
- nice looking design (90's nostalic)
- better choice in the players in the insert sets (please no garbage time players)
- like #ed cards set but not too much and different
- refractors (i love this desig :eek:))) )
- may be some imagination on the support (ud use to do some disc was nice)
- one player insert, auto or game used (unless they are from the same team, no mj/kobe)
- NO REDEMPTION CARDS

and it will be great ... add peace on earth and it will be a perfect world for me!!!

Yes as above on card autos and clasic design is always good like greats of game.

Back
Top Bottom