ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

WTF $8.99 a pack !
Last 2 series i bought 2 cases to get me going but this time round im not paying $1000 extra to get 2 cases.
Just Dragons cards for me.
Agree.
A couple of boxes in the hope of jagging a Dogs hit or at least some trade bait. Already resigned to the insert sets being beyond reach.

ESP certainly have many ideas and credit where credit is due they always have a few new and fresh ideas with every release. This is where Select fell down at times IMO, they kept rehashing the same tired ideas, particularly at Champions level. In saying that I feel the overall collectibility and value is better with Select. I really hope this release proves many wrong, mostly for the sake of the hobby.
You are right about Select with regards to Champions but aren't we getting that with Traders now ie STR, Galactics etc...

With regards to Elite, i don't think we as collectors want to proven wrong or right, we just want quality for price.

ESP Head Office
3sjokj.jpg

The album card looks cheap and nasty :rolleyes:

As for the pricing $8.99 someone said that they expected to be sold out upon release date. Sounds like they aren't charging enough then? Hopefully next year it will be $10.99 pack.
Out of curiosity what are the AFL series II packs selling for?

$5.99 and it is a great release

Both NRL and AFL retail for the same price per box.

You can currently grab a box of Honours 2 for about $180 online and Elite is $175.

And I agree, Honours 2 has looked a heap better than last years product!

Last edited:
It's all relative to the size of the base set. The AFL has 18 teams, 12 cards per team. It's a 220 card Base Set compared to the NRL's 161. So they have to increase the amount of packets to complete a base set. The overall price of a box is the same. ESP could always expand it to 36 packs and give you a stack more commons and lower the price per pack so that it's still costing the same amount over a box of 36 packets. Would all those extra commons make it feel like you're getting a better deal now???

That album card looks like a telegraph card to me. I wonder what card stock it is printed on?

And just because I don't think it has been mentioned yet; $8.99.....

I am looking forward to a Warriors mojo set though. I was also really looking forward to a Sam Tomkins LS, but unfortunately that is not happening. I would have preferred to lose the YGs over the LSs personally although it is exciting to see whether the YG players will turn into the next immortal.

I agree about the LS... YG should have been numbered and LS signed

Single pack buying is dead I suppose so in that case by the box it is $7.30 a pack.....still seems to be at the high end to me, quality better be damn good to justify it.

Ross

I think your right, 3 sets of parallels all with the same picture.........:crazy:

Again. Lol.

I'm not completely against the idea of three parallels. I'm against the "rarity" of the third sets in all releases so far. If it were a 9 card insert per team numbered to 40, I'd be in the zone!

M

Back
Top Bottom