EBay Seller of the Month

And I did put a bid on those cards lol now I am understanding about the trimming. I have bought a few of them

I'm not convinced that these are trimmed I'd be interested in why you think they are and anyone else thoughts. As far as I'm aware Aprilbancoft isn't one of the usual suspects for this.

The McCarthy you listed from some other seller certainly has issues but the above?

Ross

I'm not convinced that these are trimmed I'd be interested in why you think they are and anyone else thoughts. As far as I'm aware Aprilbancoft isn't one of the usual suspects for this.

The McCarthy you listed from some other seller certainly has issues but the above?

Ross
Fair enough ross, these are my opinions from what i can see on a high resolution screen and zooming in

the cronulla crest looks uneven on the top and right hand side - my opinion trimmed

the alan mcritchie looks uneven on the top and right hand side, particularly where the finger marks are- my opinion trimmed

the greg pierce looks uneven on all 4 sides - my opinion trimmed

i would love to hear from the buyers if the cards are actual size or under if that was possible

Even his 1976 cards are uneven and if you have a look at his john maguire 1976 you can see at the top that he forgot to take a piece of the trimming off right where the s is on sharks- go figure

Last edited:

Ross

I agree some look a little uneven so could be trimmed but the '68 Bob McCarthy when looking at the left to side to right it looks more a machine cutting error in the day as opposed to trimming.

I agree some look a little uneven so could be trimmed but the '68 Bob McCarthy when looking at the left to side to right it looks more a machine cutting error in the day as opposed to trimming.
That Mcarthy, like all his 1968 cards seem to have been cut from an 'uncut' sheet, i know i have seen an uncut sheet sold on ebay a while ago so maybe he was the buyer or had 1.
Surely he cant be that unlucky to have scored so many off-centred cards, unless he had bought them from someone else and is now selling them.

That Mcarthy, like all his 1968 cards seem to have been cut from an 'uncut' sheet, i know i have seen an uncut sheet sold on ebay a while ago so maybe he was the buyer or had 1.
Surely he cant be that unlucky to have scored so many off-centred cards, unless he had bought them from someone else and is now selling them.
Just while the black border seems to be cut off on the right of the card but has a black border on the very left of the card from obviously an alternate card makes it look like a machine error.

The Cronulla Crest does look a bit off and I don't just mean the subject matter, but the machine cutting back then was often questionable and more often than not off centred.

The 1970 cards have never really been a target of trimming, generally the cardboard would be too soft to cut and they attract good price regardless of condition.

Unfortunately there's none of these cards I want or I would chuck in a couple of bids out of curiosity.

image.jpg image.jpg Found a seller with trimmed cards ..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes they may be trimmed but (as said above) given the right side border is double the normal size these are probably just bad machine cutting.

I reckon this guy had an uncut sheet (or got them from someone who did) and he or they butchered them when they cut them. I've not really seen machine cutting that bad.....what a waste.

Check out this 1968 Langlands. Not sure if it has been trimmed or not. Give me your thoughts.

The description says the cards is in good condition. By the looks of the picture about 80% of it is anyway.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/St-Georg...ue-Card-/331199606611?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
same as many cards from that era, when they went through the guilotine, they were not lined up properly.
As you can see there is more border on one side than the other. not worth as much one that has been done properly. 5-10

I know what it is Dave, I was asking if anyone had seen them that poorly cut as I haven't.
Mark, I remember back in the days when it was very common to get heaps of cards cut off centre some worse than that.
Back than the local milk bar would not do any thing about it so we would use them to play flickers up against the wall. Had quiet a lot of 65 afl cards worse than that a few years ago.
I through them in the bin.

Back
Top Bottom