DVD Collections :) , What have you brought lately?

Ok, didnt buy, just hired, but we checked out "United 93" the Movie based upon the supposed (supposed as in they had no idea what happend), the events that led up to the 4th plane not reaching it's target from the September 11 Plane Hijackings in 2001 (World Trade Center, Pentagon & White House).

This movie, if infact you can call it a movie, is INTENSE! I know it's only a SEMI re-enactment, but farout, it's crazy, so lifelike.

The DVD has extras including talking to the families and friends of the Heroes who were on United 93 when they forced the crashing just outside of Pensylvania.

Totally recommend this movie to anyone, one for the collection!

Mavs i watched that on Friday, how INTENSE is it when the passengers make their move. I still get goosebumps when i see that footage, it is really scary how planned and organised they were, it was planned to a tee.
i would give the movie a 8/10
Their is another one coming out with Bruce Willis i think.

It was freaky to see the original footage of the 2nd plane hitting the 1st Tower. That was totally freaky.

Although they say that the Pentagon wasnt hit by a plane tho, they reckon there were no remains of a plane found there, they thought it was a rocket?

yer that was really scary, when their in the tower watching the plane fly in the twin towers.
Yer ive heard that speculation befour, who really knows though.

Man they pay out Bush in the movie a bit, well how couldnt you in the way he handled the situation. tool

Went down to JB Hi-Fi the other day and managed to pick up seasons 1 and 2of Arrested Development, the 5th season of Curb your Enthusiasm and one of my faves, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells, for $100, pretty good deal IMO.

Also got the new U2 cd, 18, great collection of songs.

Last night we watched Glory Road.

It's based on the 1966 NCAA Tournament (True Story), where the Coach of the Texas Western (Elpaso, Texas) team started 5 African-American players, and only played 2 other subs (also both African-American) in order to win the Championship.

Back in the day, it was all about Baseball, and very few "coloured" men played Basketball.

This event in the history of Basketball was certainly one that changed the way the whole world pictured African-American players in the game.

Definately one for the fans of Coach Carter, much similar, different day/age, but quite similar story.

Was a great movie.

just purchased

1) Detoit Pistons 1989 Championship box set - includes ECF against the bulls, all 6 games, plus all 4 games of their lakers sweep

2) Rockets 1994 Champion box set - includes all 7 games of their battle against the knicks..

Had a browse through, man these are awesome..

It's one I'll buy for our Library when it comes down in price.
(I rarely pay full price for DVDs).

So yes, worth buying.

It's kinda like Power Of One meets Coach Carter.

Hendra good to see ya back.. Wonder whats ya spin on the AI trade?

Benchwarmers is an absolute classic. The guy that plays Howie is one of my favourite comedians atm and its got sucre from prisonbreak in it and he plays a very funny part. I strongly reccommend you give Grandmas Boy a watch Howie is in it... You wont be dissapointed.

As to the other movie, wasnt my type of movie :eek:

i picked up a few dvds over the weekend
-Beavis & Butthead Do America!! i love this movie so much and have wanted a copy for years
-Family Guy Season 5 - i sware family guy keeps geting better & better i hope there is a 6th season on the way
Happy Tree Friends vol.3 - havnt had a chance to watch this gore yet lol

i want to buy the DVD Just For Kicks its a doco about shoes pretty much and has some cool stuff about jordan in it has anybody seen it?

dont know if its the same one as your talking about, but there was a really awesome doco about sneakers on sbs a few months ago, im sure it had kicks in its title. it was cool, they went to all these rappers houses and showed their HUGE sneaker collections, like some had thousands that took up entire rooms in their mansions. also showed normal people who are obsessed with kicks too, like these dudes were geeking out about the latest Nikes and their fave sneakers of all time.

thought id give the ol dvd thread a bump.

lately ive brought a few dvds:

1) Dark City: great sci-fi/noir, similar in plot to the matrix, and those bald aliens have always freaked me out! 8/10

2) Amelie: just a movie that can pick you up no matter how shitty you are feeling, audrey tatou is so gorgeous. 9/10

3) Brick: an awesome film, it takes the feel and dialogue of the old 40's noir films and puts it in a modern high school with teenagers, one of the best films of last year. 9/10

4) Metallica (some kind of monster): great doco on the making of the latest album St Anger, shows all the bitchiness and infighting between the members of the band. 8/10

5) Lone Wolf & Cub part 2: an awesome series of 'chambara' flicks (basically means very bloody samurai swordfighting), its about a dude who travels across Japan with his young son, fighting evildoers and righting wrongs wherever they come across them, absolute classics! 9/10

6) Sleepy Hollow: very dark gothic tale of a doctor sent to a small town in the 1700s to solve a bunch of murders. Johnny Depp is awesome, and it has a cool dark scary feel to the whole movie. 8.5/10

Gotta agre with JZA there. Dark City was way cool. So was Sleepy Hollow.

I had my bday last weekend and scored a Sanity $50 voucher. It went to:

Napoleon Dynamite - The Like Best Ever Version (2 dvd)
Monty Python - Holy Grail - 3 disc version
Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels (2 disc version) "Not your average hortif**kingculturalist"

I also got a $30 JB Voucher sitting in reserve :)

Mark.

1) Dark City: great sci-fi/noir, similar in plot to the matrix, and those bald aliens have always freaked me out! 8/10

Also contains Melissa George's boobs! :D

My latest purchase has been The Cosby Show S1. One of the best sitcoms ever!

Back
Top Bottom