Does TV do AFL justice anymore??

Its not arrogant, its just the truth. If you can't get to the game fine. But you pay a price for doing so these days and thats missing out on most of the action.

Is it any wonder Brisbane fans are crying poor over the umps yesterday after watching it on TV but at the game most supporters both Melb and unbisased saw it the other way?

Its FREE to air. But its not FREES TV ;):lol:

Get a widescreen tv :p

Nah, seriously see your point chad. The game isn't just based around the ball. You miss out on too many 1%'s that make up the game.

Without replays, we'd miss half the game!

Without slow motions we'd miss half the game!

I don't understand how people can say that they'd sit there at a game and not watch the "action" instead they'd say they watched the running of other players, or shepards of other players, etc, etc

Can you say that you'd sit there paying attention to all 36 players (or just your 18)???

Don't get me wrong, being at a game is bloody fantastic, and I'd love to be able to do it more often, but there's really nothing wrong with watching it on telly (apart from ad breaks) - but then that's just enough time to fill back up again :thumbsup:

Without replays, we'd miss half the game!

Without slow motions we'd miss half the game!

I don't understand how people can say that they'd sit there at a game and not watch the "action" instead they'd say they watched the running of other players, or shepards of other players, etc, etc

Can you say that you'd sit there paying attention to all 36 players (or just your 18)???

Don't get me wrong, being at a game is bloody fantastic, and I'd love to be able to do it more often, but there's really nothing wrong with watching it on telly (apart from ad breaks) - but then that's just enough time to fill back up again :thumbsup:

What's not to understand? On TV you see the guy with the ball at a close up and nothing else. Not who is keeping him clear so he can run, not why he's not kicking it when you're shouting at the TV "Kick it!", not who is chasing him down, nothing. I simply cannot sit down and watch Footy on TV because it is truly trash. I'll have it on in the background and look up once in a while at the score, but I'd rather listen to it on the radio than watch it on TV :blink:

You may not be able to pay attention to all 36 players, but you can look up the ground 1 or 2 kicks and see what's happening/where it's going, why they're going sideways, why they're going backwards, why they're not kicking it.

Replays are good, but that's what the big screen is for.

Most of the times I've found that the focus is actually on around 5-6 guys, like when they're running up the guts, you'll see people sheparding for them, you'll see all the quick 1-2s, and all that.

Only on the odd occasions you'll see the closeups and that's when there's only 1-2 people in on the contests, etc.

I guess it's each to their own tho aye.

Most of the times I've found that the focus is actually on around 5-6 guys, like when they're running up the guts, you'll see people sheparding for them, you'll see all the quick 1-2s, and all that.

Only on the odd occasions you'll see the closeups and that's when there's only 1-2 people in on the contests, etc.

I guess it's each to their own tho aye.

Yeah...different people different likes! :) I used to like it on TV, but now just can't do it.

Back
Top Bottom