WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Ok, so I'm still working on this card that arrived fucked.

I'm starting to think if the card WAS damaged in transit, as when I checked the item description thismorning, I discovered that the card was infact damaged before they moved it on.....

They failed to mention this in their auction, and I didnt pick it up before bidding.

Here's a link to the auction and a scan that I've posted of the card how it arrived to me.

Do you guys think I now have a leg to stand on if I call PayPal????

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8729994585&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

totalled1.jpg

Email the seller first. Ask nicely for a full refund. Most of those patch cards are damaged around the patch insertion. it's the manufacturers fault. But yeh, the seller shouldve indicated that. Good luck Scotty!

yeah shouldnt the seller have mentioned that it was damaged in the item description , so based on that i would think that you should get your money back... dunno thats just my opinion

I agree with Cath and Kidd. The seller didn't mention that the card is damaged in the description. Be nice to the seller first and if that doesn't work then bring in PayPal.

hmm though the seller doesnt mention its condition at all...like he doesnt say its mint or anything...

might be worth a crack with paypal...best scenario is maybe ya get 50% back and keep the card? but those indentations are definately in the pic on ebay...just your scan it closer so its more noticeable

Trey said:
hmm though the seller doesnt mention its condition at all...like he doesnt say its mint or anything...

I think obligation is with the seller to say if the card is damaged. If an auction doesn't mention the condition I assume that it is nr-mint

Thanks guys, I guess I just needed some backup or support that my case was legit.

Here's a quote from the listing:

"THIS CARD IS INCREDIBLE! The Patch contains the letter "L" from "DALLAS" and part of the second "L"!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! A must have for any Harris/Mavs Fan! Harris is playing GREAT, dont pass up one of his nicest looking rookie cards! "

To me, I'm assuming the card would be in the MINTIEST condition possible...

I've notified PayPal, and have asked for a full refund. A quick reply during the process, informed me I may need to return the item for a refund.

If this is the case, I will contact PayPal again in person, and suggest half a refund if I can keep the card. I dont have this card at all, and would prefer a non-damaged one, but had I known about the damage, and I'm sure others would be the same, we/I would not have bid on it.

the misleading peice is "his nicest looking rookie cards!" which should have ended "apart from the two creases in both corners..."

go for it mate! Ive had a buyer agree with 50% refund and me keeping the card - so fingers crossed eh!

Thats the same dickhead that was arguing with me about that Jerry West RC card remember. He could try to talk himself out of it under water and will not back down even when he knows he is completely wrong.

Everyone knows he's full of shit already...

He hates me already so I'll keep it going LOL

Some people just don't get it

:cry:

Wow. Everyone is against him and he still has the guts to stand on his stupid opinion. He clearly is in the wrong, and should give Scotty a refund.

HI Guys,

I had a bad experience with cards I bought from someone in the US. He advertise them as NrMt-MINT but when I received the cards I was dissappointed as most of the cards have dings on the corners (not damaged in shipping). I immediately e-mail him and express my dissappointment and he quickly replied and ask me to send back the card and as soon as he received them back he gave me a full refund and he also wanted to give me refund on the stamps I used but i said dont worry about it.

Another situation, I bought from this seller and didnt indicate that the condition is bad on one of the cards, i immediately e-mail him and he refunded me 1/2 which was ok with me.

Some sellers are good and some are not... BUT the best way to deal with problems like this is "COMMUNICATION". Just send them e-mail straight away.

kidd05 said:
Email the seller first. Ask nicely for a full refund. Most of those patch cards are damaged around the patch insertion. it's the manufacturers fault. But yeh, the seller shouldve indicated that. Good luck Scotty!

Usually, a seller will comply if you're very corteous. If you attack him straightaway, then things will just get ugly. Most people in this ugly world always think they are right. In this case, it's not very black and white. The seller can always say, as he has done already, that the condition of the card is in the picture. Don't get me wrong, I think it's still slack that he didn't say it in the description- but moving on. Scotty should just ask nicely for a refund and send the card back, or half a refund.. and suck it up and move on. If the seller doesn't agree to these terms, then leave it to paypal to be the judge. Im sure they've handled heaps of situations like these.. If you're not happy with the result, then leave him negative feedback.

Back
Top Bottom