King of Collectables: The Goldin Touch

Crows4ever

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David
eBay User
Premiers97
Hi all, I recently came across a series on Netflix with the above title. It is about a company in America that auctions collectable items including trading cards. They also handle comics, sports and entertainment items owned or used by celebrities and more esoteric items like old computer equipment.

I am absolutely floored by the items people have collected and the astronomical prices they can bring especially if they can be considered one of a kind. Think in the Millions!!!!!! It certainly puts into perspective the prices that we can get for Australian sports memorabilia.

Well worth a watch

Hi all, I recently came across a series on Netflix with the above title. It is about a company in America that auctions collectable items including trading cards. They also handle comics, sports and entertainment items owned or used by celebrities and more esoteric items like old computer equipment.

I am absolutely floored by the items people have collected and the astronomical prices they can bring especially if they can be considered one of a kind. Think in the Millions!!!!!! It certainly puts into perspective the prices that we can get for Australian sports memorabilia.

Well worth a watch
Does it focus a lot on Ken Goldin? I know about this series and haven’t watched it cause I can’t stand the bloke or the excessive amount of advertising Goldin do on social media plugging anything and everything.

Does it focus a lot on Ken Goldin? I know about this series and haven’t watched it cause I can’t stand the bloke or the excessive amount of advertising Goldin do on social media plugging anything and everything.
Way to much about Ken Goldin.I watched all the episodes over a couple of nights,it had everything from cards to beanie babies.I get more enjoyment watching American Pickers.😉

I really enjoyed it
yep, along the lines of pawn stars, but a big upgrade.
Ken can rub people the wrong way,but looking past him it's a easy and enjoyable viewed show. ( wish it was longer,then the 6 episodes)

I watched it but probably through a different lens to everyone else on here. As I own an online trading card marketplace I was looking for ideas on how to make MERQARY better.

The investors was one thing I noted. If anyone has links to famous people with lots of money I'd love to chat :lol:

I can see why people don't like Ken Goldin. He comes across as being really fake but then he has built a pretty impressive business.

Back
Top Bottom