Real Name
Kyle Redenbach
eBay User
hotshot1717
Didak in line for shock return

1 hours, 38 minutes ago | Back

Brought to you by GUY HAND AND DANIEL BRETTIG, AAP
News

COLLINGWOOD is toying with unleashing Alan Didak for his first match of the season after losing small forward Paul Medhurst with an ankle injury.

Didak, who has recovered from an off-season knee reconstruction, wasn't initially named in the Magpies' 22-man team or as an emergency to play Port Adelaide at the MCG.

But Medhurst was ruled out of the match after failing to recover from an ankle knock sustained last weekend.

Ben Johnson replaced him in the 22, while Didak was added to the emergencies.

Small forward Didak broke the Power's hearts last season with the winning goal in a two-point win in round 20, and has an excellent goalkicking record against the Adelaide side.

"He trained really well, and we'll see how our 25 is," coach Mick Malthouse said on Friday.

"He does (have a good record against Port).

"You do look at previous games and see how they've performed. We'll weigh that up."

Malthouse said Medhurst was likely to be fit again for Collingwood's Anzac Day clash with Essendon on Wednesday.

"He was on the verge of playing, but we elected not to go in with an injured player," he said.

"Given those circumstances, we expect he'll be available for next week's game."

Defender James Clement, a late injury withdrawal from the Richmond match last weekend, got through training with no problems and will play.

But skipper Nathan Buckley remains no closer to a playing comeback as he grapples with a recurring hamstring complaint.

"I really don't know with Nathan ... he's making progress but how long that will be, I'm not too sure," Malthouse said.

Port Adelaide flew in to Melbourne without a back-up ruckman for Brendon Lade following Dean Brogan's omission with an ankle injury, but did take key defender Troy Chaplin as travelling emergency.

Coach Mark Williams suggested defender Toby Thurstans may be used as a stopgap ruckman for a match against a team he said had "outstanding" form.

"They've run out games really well, they've beaten the Kangaroos and Richmond in the last half and that's been important, they stuck really close with West Coast so their form is outstanding," he said.

Williams said he had noted few changes in how Collingwood played the game, but expressed hope that the Magpies would cease their opposition to Port using their "prison bars" jumper in the AFL Heritage round.

"This year is the `70s and without any doubt, any fair minded, smart organisation would look at what Port Adelaide wore in the `70s and black and white is exactly what we wore," he said.

"We should be able to wear it ... I've seen other clubs wearing red and white, I think Fremantle used red and white last year, and I didn't see the Swans crying about that, so let's get over it and move on.

Kyle, whats your take on the Buckley retirement rumour floating around all over the internet?
Voss - Bucks - Hird are 3 of the BIG CHAMPIONS of the game and we have all seen Voss walk and Hird is a certainty for retirement at the end of the year.
should be interesting, apparently he is to retire at the conclusion of the anzac game but i cant even see him being fit enough to play on wednesday lol. Its only a rumour but ive heard it on a couple of boards.

its the first ive heard of it. LOL

Its just a niggling injury, hammys take time and i think he is just taking longer to come back so he can return at full fitness. I mean if he does it again(his hammy) i would say its all over, so why risk something thats not yet fully healed?

as a bombers fan, i like the fact didak comes in under done.. but, due to the massive injury woes the pies looked to be headed to oblivion.. now this gives them a sniff, with a mixture of youngsters i think the pies can stir some trouble................ before losing by 9 goals :p

nah serious, i dont think it'll be a massive blowout.. rumor has it lloyd will be a late change, there's a chance james "anzac day owner" hird will be a late change also, with fletcher under done (another possible late change) and no real ruckman.. plus we're bringing in bolton/bradley, 2 massive flow interferences..

as a bombers fan, i like the fact didak comes in under done.. but, due to the massive injury woes the pies looked to be headed to oblivion.. now this gives them a sniff, with a mixture of youngsters i think the pies can stir some trouble................ before losing by 9 goals :p

nah serious, i dont think it'll be a massive blowout.. rumor has it lloyd will be a late change, there's a chance james "anzac day owner" hird will be a late change also, with fletcher under done (another possible late change) and no real ruckman.. plus we're bringing in bolton/bradley, 2 massive flow interferences..

i love the cockiness :) . Thats ok we can go in as underdogs i dont mind, but on paper Essendon still has their weaknesses, so you arent that good. Our form isnt all that bad even though we are 2-2.

Watch out for us Pies, cos if we win the Bombers are gonna cop it :)

Come on guys, everyone knows form doesn't matter today... it's anyones game.... and since Essendon should be favourites, I tipped Pies... but I'll be more interested in the Rugby anyway so really no skin off my nose no matter who wins, though I would like a correct tip heehee

Good win by the maggies.. I tipped the dons and looked like a fool. At least my judegment at the start of the season on Travis Cloke is starting to pay divenends. :thumbsup:
Heath Shaw is a fantastic player and a worthy winner of the anzac medal but the guy is as dumb as the fans you see dressed in black and white guernseys at the Collingwood games, his speach he gave when he won the medal left me in stiches lol

Good win by the maggies.. I tipped the dons and looked like a fool. At least my judegment at the start of the season on Travis Cloke is starting to pay divenends. :thumbsup:
Heath Shaw is a fantastic player and a worthy winner of the anzac medal but the guy is as dumb as the fans you see dressed in black and white guernseys at the Collingwood games, his speach he gave when he won the medal left me in stiches lol

Or even as dumb as the person who provided the above insight. LOL, by the way, how do you spell - speech. I am in stiches.

Or even as dumb as the person who provided the above insight. LOL, by the way, how do you spell - speech. I am in stiches.

Good call sue_7777 :thumbsup: .

Heath is a young kid in his 20's with only a handfull of games under his belt and he was placed on the spot in front of 90,000 odd fans or less after the Bomber fans left with 5 minutes to go. What do we expect from the kid?

I thought it was a great stepping stone for this kids career and he handled the situation great. It was a learning curve for him & Congrats to the Pies.

I picked the pies for a 8 point victory.:D

Thanks Cowboys78. You are excatly right. I was one of those fans at the game to today so I would have struggled to articulate it as well as you have.
Hey I picked the pies by 15 points.

Settle there Jono bit harsh mate....

Great win, i love how we are the underdogs. Heath Shaw was brilliant, but what about the MAN "didak" i mean his first game back in, no practise games whatsoever to come out and kick 3 on the big stage is absolutely amazing.

Thanks Cowboys78. You are excatly right. I was one of those fans at the game to today so I would have struggled to articulate it as well as you have.
Hey I picked the pies by 15 points.

Were you wearing a Gold jacket towards the end? Only Joking:lol:

I was at the G when the Hawks played Essendon in the 2001 Preliminary Final amongst hundreds of Bomber fans. The atmosphere was eletric with approx 85,000 fans but loosing to Essendon/Umpires in the Preliminary Final was shattering.:p

I know you had a great day.

Settle there Jono bit harsh mate....

Great win, i love how we are the underdogs. Heath Shaw was brilliant, but what about the MAN "didak" i mean his first game back in, no practise games whatsoever to come out and kick 3 on the big stage is absolutely amazing.

I was amazed.:D

This bloke comes back from a knee injury and was running circles around everyone. He was able to ilude the Bombers on numerous occasions.

He would have been a close second to Heath.:thumbsup:

Were you wearing a Gold jacket towards the end? Only Joking:lol:

I was at the G when the Hawks played Essendon in the 2001 Preliminary Final amongst hundreds of Bomber fans. The atmosphere was eletric with approx 85,000 fans but loosing to Essendon/Umpires in the Preliminary Final was shattering.:p

I know you had a great day.

Mate is was awesome. That goal that Brad Dick kicked was right in front of me and everyone went up as one. Absolutely fantastic. While most of the players deserve credit for today, I think Harry O is right up there. He did a spectacular job on Lucas today.

Mate is was awesome. That goal that Brad Dick kicked was right in front of me and everyone went up as one. Absolutely fantastic. While most of the players deserve credit for today, I think Harry O is right up there. He did a spectacular job on Lucas today.

I agree with you there, alot of people were thinking that Malthouse was mad but he proved alot of us critics wrong with that match-up.:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom