David Lee Tagmen 07/08 Game Used 3/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think DL42 has a valid point, the thread didnt say "taking offers" so IMO it is courtesy to reply and deal with the first person who pm's you with interest and then if you cant come to a deal then you deal with the next person.

I agree it's courteous, but no seller of any item has to sell something (even if they advertise it with a price) to any particular buyer, it's called an invitation to treat. Also this is less than that, all he did was say he'd pulled it.

On this site from my understanding it might have been discourteous but well within the rules. Personally if it was a sale thread with a price I think the person selling should ethically sell to the first person who says they will buy it.

So I agree, but disagree :p

I tend to deal with the first come first serve basis, but then I do listen to the offers of people after me and take that into account, I just simply let the first person decide if they wish to match the other offer if it is higher.

IMO no harm done, other than to his bank account :lol: Dream situation having 2 keen buyers!

[sarcasm]Thanks for giving me the chance to make an offer on this card.[/sarcasm]

Regardless of how new you are to this forum, it is common courtesy to offer the first person to express interest a chance at the very card they are interested in.

Not only was I the first to post in this thread and express my interest but I also sent numerous PMs to you asking about the card and if I could buy it and was told you were still considering if you would keep it or sell it. Then I get a PM saying you have accepted an offer from another member here. :confused:

I'm not impressed. From my short time on this forum, it's not what this forum stands for. Good luck trading with anyone else, I'm not going to bother trading with you again.

Dont worry about it bro!!!

Its gonna happen over and over again!!

There's still another 2 out there!

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with people having a whinge about such a thing.

People choose to player collect, they're going to face competition. People choose to team collect, they're going to face competition. It's all part of collecting....

Just because DL42 posted first, doesnt mean JACK!

Just because Anthony chose to sell to Matt, doesnt mean JACK!

If someone submits an offer to someone else for a card, and they consider it a reasonable offer, who is anyone else in their right mind to tell they're wrong in any form of way? Seriously, get over it guys...

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with people having a whinge about such a thing.

People choose to player collect, they're going to face competition. People choose to team collect, they're going to face competition. It's all part of collecting....

Just because DL42 posted first, doesnt mean JACK!

Just because Anthony chose to sell to Matt, doesnt mean JACK!

If someone submits an offer to someone else for a card, and they consider it a reasonable offer, who is anyone else in their right mind to tell they're wrong in any form of way? Seriously, get over it guys...

I don't mind that someone else collects David Lee. No issue. Matt PM'ed me a while back telling me.

I'm not going to repeat myself, so read my original beef. You will see that I'm not bothered by the fact that it was sold to someone else, and I'm not telling the seller who they should sell it to. Their choice. My beef was with the fact I wasn't even told it was for sale so I could make an offer.

Considering all the facts, surely you can see how I was so upset initially. I'm over it now, the card has gone to a fellow David Lee collector so for that I'm glad. I know it's in good hands. And I've accepted the apology from Anthony. So all good from my end.

I was just really disappointed at missing a perfect chance at a rare Lee Tagmen is all.

Cheers guys. Glad most of you can see my side of the story. :)

Why did Anthony need to apolgise? Because he didnt tell you it was for sale?

You're kidding right?

There shouldnt be a your side to the story, it wasnt your card....

Why did Anthony need to apolgise? Because he didnt tell you it was for sale?

You're kidding right?

There shouldnt be a your side to the story, it wasnt your card....

I didn't ask for the apology, he PMed me after realising he forgot to tell me he was selling and apologised. I was upset initially, and why wouldn't I have been. This has been sorted between Anthony, Matt and myself so get over yourself mate. We all have a right to express our opinions, you aren't the only one. :v:

You're right, everyone has the right to express their opinions, I never doubted that.

I just said that I didnt agree with the way you carried on because you missed out on a card.

Would it have been different if it was on Ebay, as a BIN (with Best Offer) and you either didnt get an offer in, or you did and it wasnt considered?

You were being really unfair to Anthony mate, that's all.

I'm over myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom