Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Dead at 44

he was fantastic.....he had all this money as well, but you could tell he would be the same person if he didnt have all that money.....he loved his life, and died what he loved doing....
still so shocked

I am not shocked....he was a risk taker !

He seemed a top bloke (as the aussie saying goes), may he RIP.

I hope someone continues his great work for the enviroment

nvd001 said:
Howard needs to make this 'Steve Irwin' Day or something!!
He should do something....we need another public holiday at this time of year!!;)

Maybe Peter Beatie can use that as part of his election campaign;)

A big loss for the national, this guy was a treasure.

People will be talking about him for many years to come, and while the media got on his back regarding some things, he also did many many many great things for animal welfare etc

RIP Steve...

definately an aussie icon, very sad new, feel sorry for his family. I always loved watching his shows. His espn add always made me laugh.

Steve was a bloody legend, and ICON not only to Australia but preety much everywhere in the world. very unfortunate considering their has only ever been two deaths prior to Steve's from stingray attacks in Australia. The 60 minute documentary was really interested and summed up his life to the tee.
Will always be remembered!! Very sad day. i feel for his family 'would be shocking news to receive.'
RIP Steve

andrew3134 said:
definately an aussie icon, very sad new, feel sorry for his family. I always loved watching his shows. His espn add always made me laugh.

Your right on all counts there mate !

It is sad news, I also feel for his family and his ESPN ad was very funny !

i remember in 2001, the Goodwill games were in Brisbane,,,and the USA basketball team which were all NBA players visited Australia Zoo when Steve was there...guys like Kenny Smith (commentator) Keyon Martin, Baron Davis, Jason Terry and co met him..was really funny steve put a snake around kenny smith's neck haha..

he was a funny guy, larger than life

I hadn't heard this news, until one of my teammates at ten pin bowling told me did you hear Steve Irwin died. I dead set thought she was pulling a joke or something, but now that I've heard it on here wow. That is unbelieveable and is of huge shock.

very sad the bloke was a character all right,i had the chance to met him earlier this year while on holiday up there.a real tragedy

a great bloke that loved life animals and family

"RIP" steve

It is a sad day - we lost a larger than life personality. Anyone see the irony in this? He was the animals' friend - always trying to save the endangered and educating us about the wild only to be killed by an animal. A very tragic accident indeed. R.I.P Steve.

The footage of Irwin's last minutes were caught on film and it shows that this guy was tough right till the end:
Video footage of Steve Irwin's last moments shows the popular crocodile wrangler pulling out the stingray barb which ended his life, according to Irwin's producer.

John Stainton, producer and director on many of Irwin's projects, described the video as the worst thing he had ever seen.

"I have seen the footage and it's shocking," Mr Stainton told reporters in Cairns. "It's a very hard thing to watch because you're watching somebody die and it's terrible."

Mr Stainton, said the footage showed Irwin whipping the barb out of his chest before losing consciousness.

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here [in the chest], and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone." "That was it. The cameraman had to shut down."
He died like he lived, dangerously and larger than life.. He was a hero.

It was a shocking news, I pretty much believed people in Asia who knew Steve from Aussie more then any other celebrity star. He was a role model showing the Aussie love and caring natural life more then anything. Hope it was never happened this accident to him. :( :(

Back
Top Bottom