Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Dead at 44

wow, just read the cause of death...a sting ray barb through the chest!!! its like out of a movie, unbelievable way to die. i didnt think their barbs could do that but apparently they can...

my heart goes out to his wife and daughter, they must be devestated. :(

FULL STORY....i feel sory for his family. Like Jezza said his cause of death sounds like something out of Final Destination
Steve Irwin killed in stingray attack
By 7News Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has reportedly been killed in a stingray attack near Cairns on Australia's far north coast.
It was believed Irwin had been swimming off the coast of Cairns when he was stung.

"It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest," Brisbane's Courier Mail reported this afternoon.

Irwin was best known for his documentary series "The Crocodile Hunter".

He was born in Victoria and found his love of animals after following in his father's footsteps, volunteering his services to the Queensland Government's East Coast Crocodile Management program.

He spent years living on his own in the mosquito infested creeks, rivers and mangroves of North Queensland, catching huge crocodiles single-handed.

In June 1992, he married American Terri Raines after they met when she visited Irwin's Australia Zoo.

The 44-year-old is survived by his wife and two children, Bindi and Robert.

crikey!.... I didn't expect to hear that! he was only 44! I mostly feel for his family....

Damn, that sucks! Always had a soft spot for old Stevo... :( I suppose at least he died in an environment he enjoyed, although a barb through the chest sounds painful! Wonder what all the people who come out in the paper saying he was irresponsible/stupid/a bad role-model etc will think now... [-X He got so much negative press, and most of it was undeserved...

axeman23 said:
Wonder what all the people who come out in the paper saying he was irresponsible/stupid/a bad role-model etc will think now....
I hope that doesnt happen and i hope he receives the respect he deserves.....

That's awful - he was a top bloke - except for the kid in the enclosure thing....

Loved his espn ad - very sad.....

Very unfortunate, always thought the guy was indistructable i mean he got bitten by a snake and just stood there. If nothing else, he brought much needed attention to wildlife animals.

As much as I couldn't stand this guy, he was an icon. He did alot for Australia and he was huge across the world. I do feel for his family, the whole thing is a shock. I can't imagine what they'd be feeling..

Back
Top Bottom