COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS! - Round 9 Anyone want to chat about the game?

Brplat

Penrith Panthers 3-PEAT 2021/2022/2023 Premiers
Real Name
Loz
eBay User
Brplat
Hi guys, to all the NRL fans :D lets have a chat about this round of football! Havent talked about footy for awhile, lol i find we all get caught up in collecting and never actually talk about the game! :D

In bold are my tips....in red are the winners!

Here are my Tips for round 9

Cowboys vs Dragons

Knights vs Titans

Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Roosters vs Storm

Also guys as a end note, i will probably bump this thread up after every round so we can keep commenting our views and tips :)
Have something to say about the greatest game in the world?:thumbsup: post it in this thread :D hopefully this will get a big response from the NRL fans
Brplat

Re: Round 5 Anyone want to chat about the game?

Go you mighty Dragons! Best start to a season for years!

Very surprised that Panthers ran away from the Tigers last weekend, they played some fantastic second phase footy though.

Damn I hope the Dragons dont sign Finch, we dont need him.

I would like to chat, but in the last 2 weeks of my tipping comp im 1 from 16 :eek::blink: So i think i will shut up :lol:

I actually looked the panthers vs tigers game up and listened to it over the NRL website. It was 22 all...but then all of a sudden penrith just ran over tigers. The points they scored in a limited amount of time was incredible really. I think the tigers would be really dissapointed as it was anyones game, and the scores were level at the start of the second half. Their defence must of lacked extremely in the second half.
And yes the dragons are going fantastically atm :) they will have to be up in the finals this year for sure if they keep that up
Brplat

Get on the roosters, we are due to beat the broncos on good friday, i think we have lost the last 6

i think manly are also due to win one soon...but still i dont think tigers will be the team they will beat. I normally do like to see broncos get beaten :lol: Suncorp stadium isnt a friendly place for a penrith fan lol

Anyway guys what do you think will be the closest game this week? i would probably say bulldogs vs rabbitohs will be very, very close!
Brplat

Get on the roosters, we are due to beat the broncos on good friday, i think we have lost the last 6

I don't know about the Roosters getting up tomorrow, I was at Broncos training this morning and they look SHARP...........the kickers were slotting it from all over the park, Izzy and the other centre/wing combo were taking bombs and short kicks ahead off the boot of our 6 and 7........Dave Taylor was practicing hanging onto the ball.........LOL.......as he busted a tackle....also look for some nice little short side plays in the game, saw some nice moves being practiced. In addition, some good width of the field plays thru the backline with numerous cut out passes and the decoy runners trying to run a good line and hold that line.............its gonna be a cracker..........GO THE BRONCOS

But the best thing was I got some of my 2009 Champions cards autographed for my PC and a few of the 2008 Champions cards done for jpear30.

will be good to see who wins here lol :) Roosters or broncos who will it be :)
Brplat

Hopefully big Willie is fired up for a big one after copping a spray from Mr Tommy Raudonikis. He is about due to do something.

will be good to see who wins here lol :) Roosters or broncos who will it be :)
Brplat

There is no doubt, big WILLIE will pull a heartlidge.....LOL........in the first 20 minutes and the mighty BRISBANE BRONCO's will win by 10...........:)

eels poor form will continue as the club is in crisis finch gone thats a start ,fitzgerald and go are clowns u realy need a decent coach and some decent halfs..really dont like the eels so dragons 21+ haha i love GO THE MIGHTY DRAGONS....

manly/tigers will be interesting silvertails winless and hope that stays like that for a while my most hated team ,though these a bit going on at the tigers at the moment off the field ,looked average 2nd half last week against penrith they just need to make the tackles Tigers by 6 in a close 1

cowboys where poor on monday against an average canberra side ,titans where sharp against melbourne there fowards just keeped coming best ive seen them play for a while titans for the money ....

sharks vs canberra just flip a coin anything could happen

more later

GO U MIGHTY DRAGONS :thumbsup:

jono

GO THE WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and willie mason is useless

I've got the Dragons and Broncs both $30 on the head, and will most likely have a punt on the Warriors, Dogs and Manly for the other games in the round. The Titans/Cows games a tough one to pick from what I've seen so far, sure the Coast got up against the Storm, but that was a freak result and came from a very disaplined display not giving Slater many kick return chances by kicking for touch. If they do the same with Bowen, they'll certainly help their cause. Also, NQ had an absolute shocker last week, particularly Thurston. Not sure he'll play that bad 2 weeks in a row. Cronulla Canberra looks to be a bit of a snore-fest on paper. Melbourne should come back strong this week and give the Panthers a bit of stick, but they also should've done that last week, so who knows? And at $1.20ish, not much there except as a multi-leg...

As a Dogs fan, I must say I'm happy with how the new boys have clicked, especially Kimmorley and Ennis. Until watching a few games this season, I'd been pretty anti-Kimmorley and was disappointed the Dogs got him. But I'm happy so far to be proved wrong, and have high hopes for them...

Alot of these games require the flip of a coin by the looks, im only certain on afew games myself :)
Brplat

hmmmm, i piked, sharks over raiders. raiders only 1 win, looking good tho, but sharks should do em at home. i went for melbounre, panthers supporter but... melbourne at home n they just lost 1 there, im trying ta win the comp n melbourne dont loose many at home lol,. i also piked tha doggies, this is proberly the closet game of the round but the bunnies will go up n down all year i think, go the dogs. i also think knight n warriors has the potenial to be close, took a while to pik that 1 but went with newcastle. they say every team wins and looses at least 1 of thier 1st 6, it has nothing to do with brett but i went with manly to finally get up.
BUT..... who am i 2 speak, last yr i won tha tips, last week i only got 2 right, very hard yr 2 pik winners this season.

I will say this though, Warriors @$2.35 is a lock :thumbsup:

Knights at home and coming off a demolishment of Manly, Warriors struggle on the road, just lost to Souths at home and have injuries to four of their best in Vatuvei, Price, Tate and Hohaia ...

This is why you're one from 16 haha.

Knights at home and coming off a demolishment of Manly, Warriors struggle on the road, just lost to Souths at home and have injuries to four of their best in Vatuvei, Price, Tate and Hohaia ...

True enough with the injuries to the Warriors, but Manly have shown they couldn't find the try-line with a guide-dog and a map, so I take less out of that Knights win than yourself. And that game against the Rabbits was there to win, the bloody Warriors just had one of their all-too-common collective brain explosions. They had the 12 point lead with 12 minutes to go, and instead of playing percentage football, they played hot potato and kept bombing for the wings. Then after snatching n ill-advised bomb out of the air and going 90 metres to score, they doubled up...

:lol: Touche :D I just think the Knights have overachieved this season and the Warriors even with injuries look really good. Im gonna still grab a piece of NZ at $2.35.
All you tipsters out there, just have a look at my tips and go completely opposite, you should get a perfect week.
I can see the Sharks either winning a close one or getting absolutely hammered by the Raiders.
NSW better pick Campese also :v:

:lol: Touche :D I just think the Knights have overachieved this season and the Warriors even with injuries look really good. Im gonna still grab a piece of NZ at $2.35.
All you tipsters out there, just have a look at my tips and go completely opposite, you should get a perfect week.
I can see the Sharks either winning a close one or getting absolutely hammered by the Raiders.
NSW better pick Campese also :v:

Yeah, it's definitely worth it at that price, I'm not 100% confident, even as an over-confident Knights fan.

Sharks Raiders is the toughest game to pick ... Raiders looked good last week, but they are backing up from Monday night which is never good. Sharks should be fired up from Stuart's blast.

Back
Top Bottom