COMC Mailbox Thread

They have sent me a full box of 24 packs before plus the cards I stored there. They can ship a lot..they're just expensive.

When you say they're expensive, you're referring to instances where you forward from cards you've purchased on eBay. What do you think of the prices to buy on the COMC site directly? So I understand the prices that I see on the website as a guest will be a bit higher than if I buy using their store credit?

COMC is very cheap when it comes to shipping because it is a flat rate of $5 USD worldwide and no limit to the number of cards from your inventory. If you stick to buying cards on COMC, then every card is basically free shipping after your first one. But if you want to use COMC as a a mail forwarding site for your eBay purchases, then you need to go through the process of bringing the card into your inventory which will cost you a bit. It is still economical if you build up a big batch for your shipment, but not if you are looking at getting cards shipped one transaction at a time.

and you pay 10% tax as COMC are in washington. Avoid COMC for that alone

If I have a bunch of cards graded and then I send them to COMC as my USA mail address will they charge 10% for gst?
How would they calculate the value in order to charge gst?

I had one go from eBay purchase to COMC mailbox and I just sucked up the tax $14 or whatever it was cause I’ve got about another 40 at COMC that I bought there and just gonna send back all together. Thought about sending over to shipmycards first but once you pay the processing fee per card it’s not worth it.

Currently have a few bigger cards at COMC - anyone had a good result if you tick the "gift receipt, no values" box and get through without any extra fees if you are over the $1k?

We are always willing to assist!

Let me know if you need anything.

Thought about sending from COMC to you first @ShipMyCards but I don't need them to be processed, just need the box forwarded on to me properly so I don't have to pay extra fees. Any method you have currently or is the processing of individual cards how you can make your money at the moment?

cheers

Thought about sending from COMC to you first @ShipMyCards but I don't need them to be processed, just need the box forwarded on to me properly so I don't have to pay extra fees. Any method you have currently or is the processing of individual cards how you can make your money at the moment?

cheers

We have many collectors that send their COMC to us and then have us mail it over to them . Our processing fee for a lot (including COMC lot) is just $3.

We have many collectors that send their COMC to us and then have us mail it over to them . Our processing fee for a lot (including COMC lot) is just $3.

Nice one Bryan! I’ll sign up for your site soon and get it sorted soon. I’ll be looking into express post international or fastest available. Thank you

I'm copping some serious delays for cards to be even emailed that they've arrived.

2-3 weeks they've been showing on ebay as dlvd but nothing from COMC.

Has anyone had similar things? Got some big cards (for me) sitting in no mans land.

I'm copping some serious delays for cards to be even emailed that they've arrived.

2-3 weeks they've been showing on ebay as dlvd but nothing from COMC.

Has anyone had similar things? Got some big cards (for me) sitting in no mans land.

I think it was mentioned on the site that there are major delays on processing, as well as shipping. There is some lockdown happening in Washington state, they are progressing towards re-opening. I am waiting for the day when this COVID shit is over, so COMC can get back to normal operations. I got like 400 cards with them now. Let's hope they don't have a civil war if Trump get elected!!

I think it was mentioned on the site that there are major delays on processing, as well as shipping. There is some lockdown happening in Washington state, they are progressing towards re-opening. I am waiting for the day when this COVID s*** is over, so COMC can get back to normal operations. I got like 400 cards with them now. Let's hope they don't have a civil war if Trump get elected!!

Holy hell. 400 cards sounds pretty serious.

Yeah man, let's hope it all gets sorted soon.

I think it was mentioned on the site that there are major delays on processing, as well as shipping. There is some lockdown happening in Washington state, they are progressing towards re-opening. I am waiting for the day when this COVID s*** is over, so COMC can get back to normal operations. I got like 400 cards with them now. Let's hope they don't have a civil war if Trump get elected!!

this really concerns me... want to buy a high end card but am really worried about it actually getting to Comc ok!

this really concerns me... want to buy a high end card but am really worried about it actually getting to Comc ok!

It is a legitimate concern. However, I have found most things get where they are meant to be going eventually. Between work and personal I have had dozens and dozens of packages travelling internationally form Europe, Asia, America and Australia to NZ and nothing has failed to show up. It just takes time.

I am getting a little sick of everyone piling on various postal services around the world. It is a crap time for them and many of the hold ups are at borders because there are not enough flights — it is out of the postal services' control.

If you are sending via normal postal service ie USPS, Australia Post, NZ Post, then expect delays — a standard letter from Oz to NZ is anywhere from 5 weeks to 3 months for delivery — it is what it is and has been for 6 months. Even paying for a "priority" service is not necessarily going to make a huge difference if there is not a plane for the item to go on. Moaning like a child wont change it.

If you do want faster service then companies that own their own aircraft like Fedex and (I believe) UPS are much quicker. I just got a package from Panini via Fedex and took 6 days from the US to NZ. Fedex packages from Europe are taking 7 to 8 days. UPS packages from Europe take 10-12 days.

All I can say is be aware of what is going on in the world and do some research. Ask specifically about shipping methods. Don't just assume priority = fast anymore and especially don't assume standard mail will cross any borders quickly.

USPS is a black hole right now. I have 20k worth of boxes just sitting in limbo in the USA as other services were not available to use. It's a nightmare.

On the plus side, I use Bryan at ShipMyCards for everything personal I buy from the states. Absolutely flawless service.

I still use COMC to send bulk unwanted stuff that I think sells better in the USA market. Just had a batch arrive there yesterday for their current year 3 week service.

I'll let you know how long that takes to get added.

I like the new info re shipment process - sheeeeesh though

4F8F6A60-6250-43B9-8C9C-F59572882908.jpeg

54E34C52-E964-4620-AF6C-DC2B627C4E1D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom