COMC Mailbox Thread

It's been stated several times now, that to get "full" value of the new charges, we'll have to essentially buy four cards from the same seller. Correct?

Assuming that people actually do this (instead of just buying one card);

COMC profit decrease per card = 50% (down from $1 per card, to $0.50c per card)
Processing time increase = 400% (as COMC are now processing four cards, instead of one)

Is this logical? Doesn't this contradict the whole making the mailbox service more "cost effective" and making the "internal process more efficient"?

It's been stated several times now, that to get "full" value of the new charges, we'll have to essentially buy four cards from the same seller. Correct?

Assuming that people actually do this (instead of just buying one card);

COMC profit decrease per card = 50% (down from $1 per card, to $0.50c per card)
Processing time increase = 400% (as COMC are now processing four cards, instead of one)

Is this true?

They've done the sums and they know 90% of the mail that comes into the mailbox is one card only. The average per card will be well over $1.

Business 101!

So surely with the mailbox, it's still ok as long as you're not bothering with low end cards?

If I send 4 x $40 cards and then they get shipped together HAS to be better than having them shipped from the original eBay seller with tracking for each?

Or do I get slammed with that $5 charge for every card or is that just when they post?

Does anyone know if COMC will accept loose packs? Am thinking of bidding on some packs of cards on ebay and wonder if they will accept them and post them on to me.

So surely with the mailbox, it's still ok as long as you're not bothering with low end cards?

If I send 4 x $40 cards and then they get shipped together HAS to be better than having them shipped from the original eBay seller with tracking for each?

Or do I get slammed with that $5 charge for every card or is that just when they post?

Its 50c per card processing fees with a minimum of $2 per package you get sent there.

My exact point. Average most US sellers are charging is around $8-$9AUD. Weigh up the costs, it's more than likely cheaper to do COMC.

I understand it's still cheaper. The price increase doesn't bother me in the slightest.

What bothers me, is that I'm paying double (to make the service more "profitable"), and getting hit with 2 weeks processing time.

Rather than streamlining the service (hiring more workers, finding ways to do things more efficient, etc), they've just increased the processing time frame 300-400%.

You can say that the two weeks is the maximum processing time, and that it's quite possible that it won't take that long. And perhaps that's true. But Moe has been active here since the announcement, and I have no doubt that he's read our comments. Surely to quell the situation, he would've confirmed this. But he didn't.

I understand it's still cheaper. The price increase doesn't bother me in the slightest.

What bothers me, is that I'm paying double (to make the service more "profitable"), and getting hit with 2 weeks processing time.

Rather than streamlining the service (hiring more workers, finding ways to do things more efficient, etc), they've just increased the processing time frame 300-400%.

You can say that the two weeks is the maximum processing time, and that it's quite possible that it won't take that long. And perhaps that's true. But Moe has been active here since the announcement, and I have no doubt that he's read our comments. Surely to quell the situation, he would've confirmed this. But he didn't.

I'll just confirm what you said...the processing window has been extended to 2 weeks. Will it take two weeks to process and deposit your cards? Doubtful - it depends on the volume we're receiving...right now, we're receiving hundreds of Mailbox cards on a daily basis and to get that many done in 1-3 days is burning out our staff, so until we can bring in more people to help with processing (including the Mailbox), this is the best solution for us.

@Moe@COMC, is there any reason why only some of us have received this email advising of the changes to the mailbox service?

I still have yet to receive any notification, other than what I've read here.

@Moe@COMC Hello,

little concerned i have cards 5 days past there due date on the site that are not being added to my account, now seeing we are paying more and the time frame was extended and now its 5 days past that
whats happening ????????????????????????????????

@Moe@COMC Hello,

little concerned i have cards 5 days past there due date on the site that are not being added to my account, now seeing we are paying more and the time frame was extended and now its 5 days past that
whats happening ????????????????????????????????

Moe is no longer working at Comc mate. Hit up Nathan via email.

ok this is now becoming a joke, instead of my cards being added to my account i have just had 76 cards of some other persons shipment added and charged for

Back
Top Bottom