COMC Mailbox Thread

Hey, all. Jeremy from COMC here. We're really exited about the new Mailbox service and folks are finding even more ways to use it than we originally guessed. We've hardly announced it and we've had over two dozen users jump on it already which is really encouraging. I wanted to poke my head in here to answer any questions or give any clarifications I could if that would be helpful.

A couple things: the mailbox is great but unfortunately isn't "too good to be true" - our $3 flat-rate shipping is exclusively for items purchased on COMC.com and so Mailbox items aren't eligible. We will let you pay for shipping with store credit and we're still figuring out how to declare values for insurance and duties (so suggestions are welcome - a user suggestion is what led to the creation of this service!) We want this to be a great tool for everyone so we're eager to hear your ideas and feedback on how you'd like to use it.

Currently the service works like this: 1) we receive a package - from anyone - addressed to your COMC username's Mailbox; 2) we open the package (on camera) and take photos of the contents and send the pics to you for confirmation; 3) you decide if you want us to start processing those cards into your COMC account right away ($0.50/item, $5 minimum) or if you want us to ship the items to you at normal shipping rates. You have one month to decide / wait for more packages to arrive in your Mailbox. After a month, we automatically move ahead with processing whatever is in your mailbox - however many items we've received in that month will get processed all together for $0.50 each and will be up in your account a week later.

So if you have several auctions you've won that you would like shipped in one package all together, you can wait a week or two for everything to arrive to your COMC Mailbox and then let us know to mail it to you. If you process items into your COMC account you can keep them there indefinitely with no storage fee if the items aren't for sale and/or are for sale for $0.75 or less.

Thanks very much,
Jeremy, COMC

Hi Jeremy, just want to confirm that this looks right before I start using this option.

COMC.com Mailbox c/o karlsta26
6727 185th Ave NE

Redmond WA 98052-5037
United States

Hi Jeremy, just want to confirm that this looks right before I start using this option.

6727 185th Ave NE

Redmond WA 98052-5037
United States

You got it. As long as karlsta26 is your COMC username you're good to go.

COMC.com Mailbox
c/o karlsta26
6727 185th Ave NE
Redmond WA 98052-5037
United States
(555) XXX-XX62

Doesn't matter what order. I think they'd like the c/o on the second line but both USPS and COMC are clever enough to work it out either way. (unlike borderlinx who had trouble understanding the most basic instructions)

COMC mailbox
6727 185th Ave NE
C/O mattyh83
Redmond WA 98052-5037
United States
(555) XXX-XX42

^^^^ as it stands now.

Thanks G, Appreciate the help mate.

Hi guys, I've been wanting to try this out myself to send with a card I purchased from COMC the other day and have them all come to me together. Catch I'm finding is that ebay sellers are saying that they will only ship to the paypal address and not the ebay address. Has anyone else come across this, and if so how did you get around it given that you can't have delivery address from paypal in another country to your banking address?

Hi guys, I've been wanting to try this out myself to send with a card I purchased from COMC the other day and have them all come to me together. Catch I'm finding is that ebay sellers are saying that they will only ship to the paypal address and not the ebay address. Has anyone else come across this, and if so how did you get around it given that you can't have delivery address from paypal in another country to your banking address?

Have you tried updating Ebay with the COMC address and then checking out through Ebay. Doing that will pass the COMC address from eBay to Paypal and the seller will receive the COMC address in Paypal and should then ship to that address no problems.

Keen to hear from someone once they have received their packages what the postage costs were. Got a whole swag of cards
sitting in my cart at sportlots and wanting to deliver them via COMC if its cost beneficial....

Wattsup, from what I've read, all the standard COMC postage costs same as if buying off the COMC site.
The only difference is the $3 postage that is advertised is not available on cards not purchased through COMC.

6727 185th Ave NE

Redmond WA 98052-5037
United States

That'll work just fine!

I noticed their blog only has 98052 as the post code, do you need 5037 as well?

The last four digits of the zip code (5037) are optional; we never use 'em here.

Hi Jeremy

Just to clarify, there's a charge for processing cards in your mailbox (minimum $5) and once they are processed they are available in your inventory on COMC OR you can choose not to list them in your inventory and ship them to yourself ?

Can we ship mailbox cards to ourselves with other cards we've purchased on COMC ?

Is there a surcharge for graded card processing in the mailbox or is it a flat rate 50c ?

Graham

Correct, the charge to process the items in your mailbox is $.50/item, or $2/item if you want it done in one business day (just email us and let us know). Whichever service you use or however many cards there are, the minimum charge is always $5 - so one card is $5 (next day or regular); 3 cards are $5 regular or $6 next day; 12 cards are $6 regular or $24 next day.

We're really excited to be able to offer this service, the response so far has been great!
Thanks so much (and sorry it's taken me this long to respond - this week has been crazy). I'm still happy to answer any questions or pass on any suggestions to the team.

Jeremy

That'll work just fine!

The last four digits of the zip code (5037) are optional; we never use 'em here.

Correct, the charge to process the items in your mailbox is $.50/item, or $2/item if you want it done in one business day (just email us and let us know). Whichever service you use or however many cards there are, the minimum charge is always $5 - so one card is $5 (next day or regular); 3 cards are $5 regular or $6 next day; 12 cards are $6 regular or $24 next day.

We're really excited to be able to offer this service, the response so far has been great!
Thanks so much (and sorry it's taken me this long to respond - this week has been crazy). I'm still happy to answer any questions or pass on any suggestions to the team.

Jeremy

By me having a comc account, does this mean i automatically have a mail box or does something need to be set up on the website?

They email you once its received. That being said, i had something delivered on Monday US time by the tracking but no emails yet.

I'm in the same boat, I have a few items showing up as delivered Monday.

I hope the seller has labelled the mailer properly because I have had this problem with Borderlinx where they would receive items not labelled correctly as seen on eBay which resulted in lost cards but they managed to find some as well. Borderlinx was not to blame for this error which I understood.

Everytime I win a card on eBay I leave a message to ensure they write out my delivery address exactly as seen.

I'm in the same boat, I have a few items showing up as delivered Monday.

I hope the seller has labelled the mailer properly because I have had this problem with Borderlinx where they would receive items not labelled correctly as seen on eBay which resulted in lost cards but they managed to find some as well. Borderlinx was not to blame for this error which I understood.

Everytime I win a card on eBay I leave a message to ensure they write out my delivery address exactly as seen.

I'm sure COMC will be fine - if it doesn't appear in a day or so i'll send them a message and ask them to follow it up. Could be just an influx of mailbox mail :D

I'm thinking the same.

Mine got emailed to me overnight.

uploadfromtaptalk1371674844681.jpg

Back
Top Bottom