COMC Mailbox Thread

Just got told about this service. Looks like a great way to save on postage costs.

Does anyone know what's the main difference between the different shipping options? Which service would you recommend I use for high valued cards?

Just got told about this service. Looks like a great way to save on postage costs.

Does anyone know what's the main difference between the different shipping options? Which service would you recommend I use for high valued cards?

The middle one is the best balance between shipping time and packing speed, allowing for tracking.

Do you mean their 'Priority' service for $7.99 + $10 for international shipment?

Do you know if this service includes insurance?

Just a question if anyone can help.
I've got a card getting shipped to my COMC mailbox so when do I get charged from COMC? Do I have to have funds in my account before the card arrived there?

Just a question if anyone can help.
I've got a card getting shipped to my COMC mailbox so when do I get charged from COMC? Do I have to have funds in my account before the card arrived there?

Nope. You'll go into "negative" balance on your account. The funds will only get taken out once the card has arrived and been fully processed.

Thanks for the tips on using their Priority method for Tracking purposes.

Seems I need to add a few bucks to my account before I can use that method, but I much prefer to have a tracking number. Just under $29 postage for 29 cards, that seems fair, yeah?

Just over 2 weeks using second most expensive option for a box of 60 odd was my last, hoping my next will be the same as it will have about 70 cards. I will send the request on a weekday next time to see if that helps. I normally happen to request on a Saturday and they don't get processed until Wed our time so by the time they ship you have already wasted a week. Will try a Monday or Tuesday next shipment.

Just as a side note, their service charge of $2 is 1-4 cards. So unless they give you loads of fillers it actually won't cost you any more. I have had the odd person add like 5 or 6 sh!tty baseball or nfl cards but not too often. For example i bought 3 shadowboxes of one dude, $2 service charge. Add that to the $3 i was charged for postage i was still $25 usd better off than having them sent here via that stupid global shipping program w@nk and that would make even commons $30+ usd a card in cases where that's the only way they will ship o/s, no thanks!!

Getting so very close to shipping mine out!

119 in my inventory + 2 processing + 2 waiting still in transit.

Only 20-25 Faried in this lot I think. Becoming tough to find anything that isn't crazy over priced on there (even when making an offer) or an unnecessary parallel...

Ok so I just sent a shipping request off a moment ago. It's Sunday night there so i will keep you all posted. I chose priority (middle option) 45 cards 25 of which are shadowboxes. So it will be a chunky box plus there's a couple of graded cards i think. I know my Durant /10 shadowbox is graded at least. I reckon it won't get marked as shipped until Thursday our time and probably a couple of weeks from there but we'll see.

Also guys, just beware that whatever you buy from COMC and ship, that is the declared value to customs. Anything you buy external to the site and have shipped there, they declare it at USD $2 per item.
(had this confirmed by email)

With the Aussie dollar dying a slow death, currently you need to be under $700 usd declared value to stay under $1000 aud to avoid a 15% kick in the nuts from customs +$60 "processing fee."

Also guys, just beware that whatever you buy from COMC and ship, that is the declared value to customs. Anything you buy external to the site and have shipped there, they declare it at USD $2 per item.
(had this confirmed by email)

With the Aussie dollar dying a slow death, currently you need to be under $700 usd declared value to stay under $1000 aud to avoid a 15% kick in the nuts from customs +$60 "processing fee."

Thanks for the confirmation, i personally buy very little on COMC so this would never be an issue for me but good to know for those who do buy a lot or high priced stuff from COMC. Is it just me or are seller prices on there getting stupid? As an example there's a shadowbox I need of MCW on there, with 3 sellers STARTING at $19.95 over BV @ $49.95! WTF is that all about? $30 card, should be $20/25 MAX, I know the odd bargain can be had however, the trend is going high on there for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom