Collingwood V's Essendon

ozguy3825

kobemania
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
parr2004
Did anyone watch this game?? I did and i must say i think those umpires should have a holiday for the rest of the season. I am a collingwood supporter and i'm sure 90% of the people who read this are just going to think "Oh typical Collingwood supporter having a winge". But i really dont think i've seen anything so bad, free kicks were 25 for essendon, 13 for collingwood. Cloke gave away a 50m for pointing at the umpire, WTF???? Pendlebury gave away a free kick for a high tackle (which was there) and as he was falling he fall onto the essendon player and the umpire gave a 50, what a croc of ****. I also watched the Hawks V Cats last night and 95% of the stuff that was let go last night was paid today, are the rules to complex now? Do we need simplier rules or just smart umpires????

just going to think "Oh typical Collingwood supporter having a winge". :thumbsup:

its the way it goes im afraid,and yes im a bombers supporter,but everyone gets there days when it looks kie the umpires are against them!

no point sooking wont change much,as much as its frustrating!

go bombers!:D

cheers

i went to the game and the umpiring was so disgraceful i was almost in tears with frustration. it is just ruining football, and i left with about 10 mins to go so downtrodden, not cos we were beaten (bombers were clearly the better side), but because the umpiring prevented a fair contest

Did anyone watch this game?? I did and i must say i think those umpires should have a holiday for the rest of the season. I am a collingwood supporter and i'm sure 90% of the people who read this are just going to think "Oh typical Collingwood supporter having a winge". But i really dont think i've seen anything so bad, free kicks were 25 for essendon, 13 for collingwood. Cloke gave away a 50m for pointing at the umpire, WTF???? Pendlebury gave away a free kick for a high tackle (which was there) and as he was falling he fall onto the essendon player and the umpire gave a 50, what a croc of ****. I also watched the Hawks V Cats last night and 95% of the stuff that was let go last night was paid today, are the rules to complex now? Do we need simplier rules or just smart umpires????

Have to Disagree, watched the whole game and it's the worst I have ever seen our (I'm a pies supporter) midfield play, it was like we were trying to handball/kick a greasy fish we couldn't get our hands on it, Essendon put pressure on us all day and forced the frees and the turnovers.

Players like Pendles are to soft and need to stand up and put their head over the ball, doing flashy things here and there just doesn't cut it. Heath Shaw is a barrometer for us and he had 4 touches at 3q time.......not good enough.

The only pies players that can hold their heads high were Harry O'brien who gave Lucas a Bath and Medhurst who did well against Fletcher, it's the same old story for Collingwood, we get up to play the good teams and have to many passengers when we play the bottom sides.

We didn't deserve to win it's just that simple, regardless of the umpiring.

P.S I've watched the VFL/AFL for 25 years and I think Nash for Essendon may be the best kick I have ever seen, just doesn't miss targets.

Have to Disagree, watched the whole game and it's the worst I have ever seen our (I'm a pies supporter) midfield play, it was like we were trying to handball/kick a greasy fish we couldn't get our hands on it, Essendon put pressure on us all day and forced the frees and the turnovers.

Players like Pendles are to soft and need to stand up and put their head over the ball, doing flashy things here and there just doesn't cut it. Heath Shaw is a barrometer for us and he had 4 touches at 3q time.......not good enough.

The only pies players that can hold their heads high were Harry O'brien who gave Lucas a Bath and Medhurst who did well against Fletcher, it's the same old story for Collingwood, we get up to play the good teams and have to many passengers when we play the bottom sides.

We didn't deserve to win it's just that simple, regardless of the umpiring.

P.S I've watched the VFL/AFL for 25 years and I think Nash for Essendon may be the best kick I have ever seen, just doesn't miss targets.

Couldn't have sadi it better Cal. I'm an Essendon supporter and some of the decisions were dodgey. But Collingwood just looked flat today.

Man Medhurst has been an awesome pickup, wish i had him at the start of the year in my Supercoach.

Couldn't have sadi it better Cal. I'm an Essendon supporter and some of the decisions were dodgey. But Collingwood just looked flat today.

Man Medhurst has been an awesome pickup, wish i had him at the start of the year in my Supercoach.

Medhurst is quite a special player, plays like a rover at ground level, yet can take an overhead mark as good as anyone in the league, Essendon showed him a sign of respect by playing Fletcher on him but Medhurst still Towled him up, did anyone see Medhurst's goal 55m out on the boundary in the last quarter...WOW!!

p.s Yes I have him in my Supercoach but they way I'm going this year it doesn't really matter lol

Just 1 comment to make out of this, and this is what all umpires say. Unless the game is a dead heat game (less than a goal) then any free kick count that is even or close to even at the end of a game has been fudged. It is just natural that 1 team gets more free kicks because 1 team is invariably first to the ball etc. more often.

Well I'm off to Watch the COTCH!!!!! don't care who wins as long as Cotchin shows his skills....have a good night fellas.

Yeah umpiring is bad but at least it was 25 to 13 for the game! The Geelong vs Freo game a couple weeks ago was 19 to Freo and 3 to Geelong in the FIRST QUARTER!!!!!!!!! :mad: :eek: :rolleyes: :(

Defiantly we need smarter umpires they don't know the FREAKIN' FOR BUTTS SUCK!!!!!

i went to the game and the umpiring was so disgraceful i was almost in tears with frustration. it is just ruining football, and i left with about 10 mins to go so downtrodden, not cos we were beaten (bombers were clearly the better side), but because the umpiring prevented a fair contest

You left early? What kind of supporter does that??? :blink:

a collingwood supporter:lol:

i have never left a game early win or lose!

why support a team if you not going to stay the whole game!:rolleyes:

cheers

Exactly! And if you're only going to support the team when they're winning, what's the point also? Gotta go through the lows with them also. Have been to 8 games this season and lining up to see more melbourne losses :D

Don't bunch all pies in the Same boat I went to the pies last 2 losing grand finals against Brisbane and even stayed for the presentations.

And Lucas in doubt! Hoping we get Green, Wonaeamiri and Weatley back in and drop Michael Newton...

Off a Cliff.

weatley has been going well in supercoach(only backman that is really)

yeah we will get lovett back!

hope its a good game! just wish it was next week when im in melb:mad:

cheers

Back
Top Bottom