collecting goals for 2014??!!

Every one seems to be dropping the low end stuff and just focusing on the better stuff...

I started doing that last year and I can say that maildays are few and far between...(especially collecting MJ)

BUT, the quality sure beats quantity all day every day!

Every one seems to be dropping the low end stuff and just focusing on the better stuff...

I started doing that last year and I can say that maildays are few and far between...(especially collecting MJ)

I go through stages, for 6 moths or so i'll be on a mission to bulk up the PC and do a bash on COMC buying all those commons and high numbered cards then i'll get over it and want to just focus on the cooler stuff.

For me I think its just to add more Wolves to the collection, but specifically I think I would like to chase down my 10th Kevin Garnett Wolves Auto. Also find more of the rare Anthony Morrow cards, while continuing to pray that David Kahn makes a move to get Morrow to the Wolves :D

^^^ my 2013 goals.... sadly while I may have added a few wolves, or at least kept even, a lot of my best ones went out the door for food and a couple to chase down a couple Morrows.

Technically I think I did add a 10th KG, but I subtracted a few as well... so well away from that mark now.

I found heaps of Rare Anthony Morrows so I would consider that a success.

David Kahn didn't sign/trade for Morrow... but the Wolves got rid of Kahn so I consider that a success too ha ha

Now on to 2014:

I hope to continue to track down and obtain more Morrow rarities, especially Green, Gold and Black 10/11 Certified cards!

I hope to Obtain the Luke Ridnour and Kevin Martin Exquisite Rookie Cards.

I hope to complete my Luke Ridnour Genuine RC chase.

I hope to find someone to trade or sell me cheaply a bulk lot of Kevin Martin base/inserts/rcs to get that collection going!

I'm considering doing the opposite
My PC is currently about 50 high end cards, I was thinking of just keeping my favourite 10-20 cards and selling everything else off and just focusing on lower end stuff.
This would mainly consist of chasing Prizm cards and my low end GU chases, but it might be difficult to manage with so many high end products being released now

After seeing my collection severely depleted over the last 12 months, I'm hoping to be able to add some more 05/06 exquisite gold base /25, especially Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and Dirk nowitzki if possible.

I'd also still like to track down some more 04/05 trilogy spectrum /10.

I'd like to start a big man pc of Ben Wallace, Anthony Davis, David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

I don't buy a lot, only got back into the hobby early last year but if I could make this happen would be stoked
a jersey and auto card for each current phx player
cut down collection(focus on phx and a few other players)
get a few of the early 90's insert, that used to get me stoked when I was a kid

I've got a few aims for 2014

1: 200 Mikan cards
This shouldn't be too hard, as I'm missing a few of his newer ones and I only need 6 more for the double ton.

2: 10 1/1 Mikan cards
So far I have 6 of the 44 1/1 Mikan cards. I'm aiming to add a few more to my collection... the 38 1/1's of his I don't have make up nearly half of the 84 Mikan cards from my list that I need.

3: Find a 1967-1973 Equitable Sports Hall of Fame BK6 George Mikan
Of the 84 cards I need, the 1967-1973 Equitable Sports Hall of Fame BK6 George Mikan 'card' (its a 7 3/4 x 11 print) is the only post-1952 non-numbered card I need.

Unlike the 4 pre-1952 cards I need, all of which are prohibitively expensive (1950-1951 Bread for Health, 1950-1951 Lakes Scott's Chips, 1951 Bread for Energy, 1952 Royal Desserts), I've never seen one, although quite a few of the set are available on eBay.

Last edited:
After seeing my collection severely depleted over the last 12 months, I'm hoping to be able to add some more 05/06 exquisite gold base /25, especially Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and Dirk nowitzki if possible.

I'd also still like to track down some more 04/05 trilogy spectrum /10.

I'd like to start a big man pc of Ben Wallace, Anthony Davis, David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

I'm gonna add to this.

I'm now at 10/42 of the 05/06 Exquisite Gold Base Parallel /25. If I can get to 30 (big ask) I'll be stoked:)

Please help me, ha ha.

My goals have changed. My goals now are to get rid of most of my cards, and stick to 5 players, Rider, Sealy, Doug West (will only need to pick up rare cards time to time for these three) Anthony Morrow (again only the odd rare one unless he is in more releases) and Gorgui Dieng (not even gonna bother chasing the rare cards). I am basically getting rid of everything else. Team collecting is done for me. I mean I was close to just giving up on it all period.

I already smashed my goal of reaching 200 Faried's. Just trying to fill some gaps now. Speaking of which, if anyone has a 2012-13 Hoops Kobe's All Rookie Team Kenneth Faried insert I'd greatly appreciate it! For the product it's from, it's crazy hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom