Classic 2008

Is it select australia or the price guides just checked select it didnt have it there keen to find the info if you have a link?

this is the break down:

2008 Select AFL Classic (Series 2) Release info

To be released 21st July, 2008. 6000 boxes to be released. 36 Packs per box, 9 premium cards per pack. RRP: $4.99c/Pack.

FACTORY CASE:

12 Boxes + 1 x 300 Games Case Card. 3 different case cards released:
Brad Johnson, Wayne Schimmelbusch, Don Scott.
BASE SET: (185):

185 premium cards set includes 10 players cards from each of the 16 clubs. These 10 players cards are different players from 2008 AFL Champions. The 2007 ALL AUSTRALIA TEAM (22) is also included in the base set. (All Australian set is NOT an insert set)
Inserts:

Holofoil Parallel Set (185): 1 per pack

10 Holofoil cards per team + 2007 All Australia Team Holofoil cards. Those 10 Holofoil cards are different foil cards from the 2008 AFL Champions Holofoil team sets.

Hall Of Fame Tribute Match (50): 1 in 6 packs

With 50 of the finest players on the same field, Hall Of Fame Tribute Match is a spectacular celebration of 150 years of Australian Football and a magnificent tribute to the past heroes.

2007 Medal Winners ( 5): 1 in 36 packs.

AFL/VFL Premiership Commemorative Cards (12): 1 in 36 packs

Limited release to 550 cads each only

2008 AFL Premiership Predictors: (16) 1 in 36 packs

2007 Draft Pick Signatures Gold (16): 1 in 36 packs.

2007 Draft Pick Signature Platinum (16): 1 in 144 Packs.

Only 100 numbered each platinum Draft Pick signature cards released.

Signature Redemtion (6): 100 cards each.

2007 Brownlow and MVP signatures : Jimmy Bartel + Gary Ablett Jnr.
Tribute Signatures : J. Hird, G. Archer.
Hall Of Fame Tribute Match Captains signatures. Jonathan Brown + Andrew McLeod.

It will be very similar, check up on the Select site, time and again and just see whether they post up any info on the Nrl, it sure is going to be worth the 2k if they are the same as the AFL ones, sooo many inserts and collectables :)

man this is awesome, and release date is not too far away

such a shame i got a mortgage and huge debt now, no case for me, will have to be a couple of boxes

The holofoils are a bit much, maybe select should have a set of game used cards like they did 3-4 years ago, this could create more interest. Mind you i cant wait to buy some boxes of classic.

Yeah the holofoils and the parallel idea is boring,
but so is the 50 card tribute match cards.

and so are the medal cards :) they should be in the 1st series 'cos it's so old news now heading toward the end of the following season, it's too late.

and the predictors are boring, they should be in the 1st series too, at least then all 16 cards have an even value and chance, we all know by now there's maybe 6 teams with a chance to win it, even a melb' predictor would be half exciting, imagine you go out and buy your one and only box of classic and pluck the melb' now? ho-hum :(

then there's these premiership commemorative cards, well at least select are showing they are just about fed up with them, bringing out 12 cards this year to push them along and get it over with asap :thumbsup:

so what's left? oh, the signatures, well i'll just hang my hat on them then.
the 02 spx was and still is the best they ever did as far as premium common cards, a true premium card on nice stock they were, I thought that was gonna be the norm, i'd rather have even 5 cards per pack of high quality then what there coming out with

Can't wait for them to come out though :thumbsup:

The main problem is select's monolopy, the afl card hobby is screaming out for a 2nd manufacturer, untill then we just have to put up with what they decide to churn out.

and bring back footy quarters, weren't the series 1 fun to collect? had to make full puzzles from 1/4 bits, was a buzz looking for bottom left piece for this, top right piece for that, was cool.

It's been my dream actually, to do the quarters again, i'm still a few years off finacially, but if anyone else is willing to get together and do something like quarters, i'll be in ;)

Back
Top Bottom