Cards sent before payment not covered.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Lets make this quite clear.

From now on NO card/goods are to be sent first BEFORE payment is made if you plan on using the site for the deal and its feedback features. I know a lot of us know and trust each other and if you feel this is harsh then simply just do the trade/sale off the site. But we aren't going to bat for you and spend our time chasing up deals when this has been done from now on.

I'm sure most of you guys can see where we are coming from with this rule for the site from now on.:thumbsup:

Ahh yeah a loophole. Yeah members with feedback under 5 have to send first in deals first still. We are basically saying deals between established members. I doubt we would even need any sending rules if common sense was used 100% of the time. Such as reg mail used when cards are worth lots of $ etc as well.

Why not introduce a mandatory Registered Post system? It's like $2 bucks 70c or something extra on top of normal post...

Aussie Post outlets are usually happy to give out the Registered Mail papers, so you can complete before going to the PO.

I'm usually happy to send out cards before payment arrives, this is usually with guys (and gals) that I've traded with before, and would consider them to be highly reputable members.

Sorry to hear about you losing your card!

Thanks, I'm not sure the person ripped me off cuz I've dealt with them lots before and when I said I'd send first they said not to worry about doing that - still yet to find out what really happened :blink:

Hopefully ittle get sorted matie.....hit hits hard when you get shafted in a hobby.....There are always people out there trying to take advantage of you if you let them...
Really hits hard when its someone youve dealt with many times..
Still....chin up matie..
There are still plenty of honest collectors here..:thumbsup:

It was sent registered who said it wasn't!? Either way if it's picked up and then the money's not sent to me what difference does registered make?

It was sent registered who said it wasn't!? Either way if it's picked up and then the money's not sent to me what difference does registered make?

I guess if it's sent Registered, you'll be able to find out for sure if they received the package.

Then it will confirm that they ripped you off.

Then it's name & shame all over the net!!!

Good luck, I really hope you get your money/card back....

Before you all get our your oil soaked rags on sticks with flames and pitch forks let Admin do their job on solving the situation ;-)

Its frustrating but I'd rather get the problem resolved than just cause a **** fight at this point of time. The trader isn't trading on here now so no one is in danger of getting ripped off any further.

I guess if it's sent Registered, you'll be able to find out for sure if they received the package.

Then it will confirm that they ripped you off.

Then it's name & shame all over the net!!!

Good luck, I really hope you get your money/card back....

Thanks - yeah hope I do too!

Before you all get our your oil soaked rags on sticks with flames and pitch forks let Admin do their job on solving the situation ;-)

Its frustrating but I'd rather get the problem resolved than just cause a **** fight at this point of time. The trader isn't trading on here now so no one is in danger of getting ripped off any further.

That's quite right, hence me not responding to the query as to who. :)

Ahh yeah a loophole. Yeah members with feedback under 5 have to send first in deals first still. We are basically saying deals between established members. I doubt we would even need any sending rules if common sense was used 100% of the time. Such as reg mail used when cards are worth lots of $ etc as well.

so what if you have two newbies making a transaction? payment first?

I would do this for the above

buyer use paypal to cover yourself
seller send using registered

Its easier to enforce when its a deal between Aussie members as said above one sends registered mail and one pays with paypal. But thats harder for overseas members to do unless they are sending to the same country.

If unsure contact Admin as a lot of members come in here with feedback from other sites and we may just decide for you who sends first if you want to go down that route.

Back
Top Bottom