Card Storage

Benny J

Mr Big Shot...
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
15DVS
Hey guys...just wondering how you all store the cards that you purchase. I have got so many cards in opened packets it not funny.

Can you still buy those 100 card clear plastic boxes???? Or are the 9 card sleeves the only way to store them???

i have mine stored in little boxes under my bed, all my G/Used and autos are stored in top loaders and inside little see through plastics tubs which i brought from the reject shop for $2.50 hehe

my PC is in folders however.

I remember when i wrote this thread! :lol:

Find a card shop and they have boxes to hold 3000 cards for $8. You can get bigger sizes as well!

Okay here's how I store my cards:

Commons: I give them to my brother/friends/use them as coasters
Inserts/Star player commons: Ultrapro 9 card pages.
High-end Stuff: Sleeves/toploaders/Team-bags and then in shoe boxes.

there are all sorts of ways to store your cards pocket, plastic boxes, cardboard boxes it just depends on how you want to store and display them

At the moment, I've got all my "old" stuff, from the days when I used to collect 'Cards' and just cards, like I mean there's shit everywhere!!!!

They all in Shoeboxes, packed tightly.

For my Barkley PC, at the moment they in penny sleeves (most of them) and kept in 9-page sleeves in a folder. The new stuff is going in Top Loaders and stored safely.

For my Harris PC, all except the plain RCs I have are in penny sleeves & top loaders/screw-downs/etc, stored safely in a drawer.

Working on getting a display cabinet/case to store them up.

Now whats the point of putting your cards in shoe boxes. This is a hobby and your suppose to enjoy them not forgett about them.

I place mine in toploaders/screwdowns then in pennysleaves and place them on my computer desk so I get to see them everytime i'm infront of my computer.

NewCollector said:
Now whats the point of putting your cards in shoe boxes. This is a hobby and your suppose to enjoy them not forgett about them.

I place mine in toploaders/screwdowns then in pennysleaves and place them on my computer desk so I get to see them everytime i'm infront of my computer.

Having almost 10,000 cards is hard to store.... They mainly all commons/inserts from the 94-95ish era, so not really of much interest to me...

And having about 120 (now) Harris' and 330ish Barkley's (now), hard to keep them on my Computer Desk. lol...

geelongfan said:
well i only have like 30 odd cards,
and 20 of them (my favourites) are on the stand i made

Got another pic of your stand/display you made dude???

Yeah I spose I could do a rotation. I'd need more deskspace tho, not much at the moment.

Anybody knows where to get storage boxes in Sydney? I had to get them myself when I travelled to USA, cos I couldn't find it here. Stashed 2 unfolded boxes in my suitcase.

When you have thousands of cards, its hard to store them without damaging them.

I'm looking for 3000-5000ct boxes.

Can anyone help?

not so sure, but maybe try card shaq? in the mid city centre in sydney town?

if ed's cards is still around (check whitepages) he'd have em for sure, when I went to that guys house about 10 years ago he had cards EVERY WHERE!

me? autos and special inserts/game used etc are in top loaders/screw downs, in one of those large storage boxes under my bed, anything that doesnt fit is also in there, like starting lineup figures etc

I have 2 folders with 9 card ultra pro holding the majority of my drob collection

everything else is up for sale, so its in different stages, but most are in like 40 card piles for my mystery 40 card lots I sell on ebay! LOL

chadjaja® said:
Cards belong on display in the lounge. Thats where mine are :wink:

HEAR HEAR!!!

Just dont have the ability to do so....

Danni's pre-warning me that "OUR" loungeroom wont have a spot for cards, but I'm sure I can work something out... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom