Card Collections....

Benny J

Mr Big Shot...
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
15DVS
I just wanted to put it out there and see what people thought about the card collections we have on Ozcards.....

Here's what i think....

Hendra ......has the best Iverson collection i have ever seen.....maybe he could comment on whether there are any better than his??

Evan ......has the best Melo collection i have ever seen....i have been on other baords and noone comes close to what he has....maybe i am being bias though ;)

Buyingstuffformike.....has some of the best set collections i have seen....very impressive stuff :D :D :D

This is only naming a few.....

I dont want this to turn into a pissing contest[-X nor am i trying to say that these collections are better than yours, but i just wanted to see what others thought about some of the collections on these boards??:cool:

There are some great player collectors here in oz. One of my personal favourites is Mav's Devin Harris collection.
I'd love to see scans of Hendra's cards as he's got a phenominal collection and Ersk's Exquisites are crazy.:rolleyes:

I think some of the collections on these boards are amazing.... I used to feel inferior when looking at them, but after a few wise words from a few people around here I don't. I recognise and embrace that my Rider collection is a good effort for a player from his era and that my Twolves collection ain't half bad either, for a young team (in terms of years in the comp)... and I've also learned that, all that matters is that I appreciate them for what they mean to me.

Still, I have seen some amazing collections on this forum... I for one am in Awe of ljandkg's KG collection.... just to name one...

Well said AJ....and i agree...it only matter what YOU think about you collection....not what others think....

I by no means wanted to make anyone feel inferior with this thread, but just to acknowledge and see what others thought of some of the collections.

Just as an example....do you think there is a better iverson collection anywhere.....or Devin???

What about Ersk? That is a fantastic set collection.

Chad has one of the best vintage collections but noone has seen all of it ;)

But the best Player Collection on the boards has to be LJBIGGESTFAN2

I have! Let me tell you, it's a far sight more impressive than even I thought! If you are ever in Melbourne, i'd cough up the $20 for the tour - it's well worth it ;)

Does Chad do tours, we should have an OzCards field day in Melbourne :D

well, i have seen amazing collections around here, it's just a privilege to view other collections from Australia.. that will do just fine..

if you guys wanna see my base collection :p just let me know LOL

well, i have seen amazing collections around here, it's just a privilege to view other collections from Australia.. that will do just fine..

if you guys wanna see my base collection :p just let me know LOL

I wanna see yoru Horace collection, because I used to collect him once, unfortunately I sold all his cards when I sold all my base last year.

Oh that sounds just nice.. Yeap. i hope i can display my Horace Grant cards soon enough.. well, you should have sold it to me :(( coz i collect doubles..

My feelings regarding base cards are i wanna own as much as i could, no matter how much they are worth... i love photos and if one good photo is taken, i would treasure whether it's on exquisite or 1 cent base card..

And i hope to see your site again after you revamp it.. now all the players links are not working lol, plz let us know when you are done with the site.

I wanna see yoru Horace collection, because I used to collect him once, unfortunately I sold all his cards when I sold all my base last year.

ahhh yeah... at the moment all that is working is Foye, and Twolves A - E ) and then only players up til including D are actually up atm.... its gonna take a while as I go back to work wednesday... but I wanna showcase my entire Wolves collection. That's my goal.

I think some of the collections on these boards are amazing.... I used to feel inferior when looking at them, but after a few wise words from a few people around here I don't. I recognise and embrace that my Rider collection is a good effort for a player from his era and that my Twolves collection ain't half bad either, for a young team (in terms of years in the comp)... and I've also learned that, all that matters is that I appreciate them for what they mean to me.

Still, I have seen some amazing collections on this forum... I for one am in Awe of ljandkg's KG collection.... just to name one...

That's exactly what it's about AJ. Before I had one KG #21/ card I loved my LJ cards and he was a fading star with his injuries - it's all about the chase/effort and the satisfaction when a tough card comes home!!
And thank u for those kind words!

I have! Let me tell you, it's a far sight more impressive than even I thought! If you are ever in Melbourne, i'd cough up the $20 for the tour - it's well worth it ;)

LMAO!!! :D

I can also say I've seen it in-hand! Well only some were in hand. The others I were scared to touch.

Great post Benny.

While I think that the Members here all have impressive collections, I'm going to say that while we've seen most of our Collections, there's probably a large amount of Cards out there in the world that are still un-advertised, or un-covered.

I mean, there's a few Devin Collections out there that I know exist, but can't find. I know this as I've seen a few cards sell on ebay to the same bidder(s) over and over.

So while we might say "XXX has the best XXX collection" it's not always the case. It's just the best we've seen.

Hendra- Iverson
Nvd- Melo
Mavsman- Harris
Ljandkg- Garnett
Croatiantwins??- Kobe
BennyJ- Rodman

These are the best I've seen on this site. I' sure there are many collectors here who have a great collection..

Funky's Zo Collection is one of the great's. He has some cards that even the biggest and best Zo collectors can't find.

Then Hendra who has been mentioned, the thing that impresses me most are all the extremely hard to find parallels he manages to pick up from the 90's and early 21st century.

LJ's biggest fan is just that, now that's a player collection! If a piece of toast has an image of LJ burnt on it, Patrick has it!

Lastly I'd like to give a mention to Dream34 and the Olajuwon Collection, never knew so many nice Hakeems even existed! and they're still coming

So many more nice PC's out there too (Rookie Project MattyJ!)

Back
Top Bottom